1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Correct me if I'm wrong (I could be, I don't watch football all that much) but I don't think the QB is standing 12 inches away from an opposing player. I don't think they'll hear the QB talking to the OC/DC or vice versa from several yards' distance.

#3001 htwnbandit, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yep the tide is turning I knew somebody else would come up with this angle to get clicks.

It makes all of this clutching of pearls ridiculous.

So banging on a trash can is worse than a blinking light?

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

But, but, but the can makes noise!!

5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I can't agree more with Joe in his article. MLB, and Manfred specifically, are doing a horrible job in dealing with this. His statements continue to throw the Astros under the bus and only further speculation from the conspiracy theorists. In reality, this only hurts the entire league as the Astros are a member of that league. He needs to come out and issue definitive statements, otherwise, he needs to keep quiet.

My feeling is Manfred has been answering to other owners this entire time and is trying to appease them instead of looking out for the entire league. The goal of this whole thing was to dump Luhnow and they did that, but he wasn't prepared for how big this has gotten and has no idea how to handle damage control. He's done a very poor job as commissioner on this aspect.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets fired soon...at least, that would be the smart thing for the owners to do.

everyday eddie likes this.
  6. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

So you don’t think ratings will be up next year? Think about every Astros vs Yankees game, every Mike Fiers start, etc. At the end of the day that’s all that matters.

texans1095 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Edit: For everyone who says Mike Fiers is viewed as a hero. He’s a straight up b**** and outside of the players who “feel cheated” by the Astros, no players view him as anything but that.

joshuaao, astros123, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  8. mikol13

Supporting Member

9. HookemHorns1250

Thank you. We (Astros fans) don't think the cheating was "Fine", we just got tired of the "Fiers is a hero" treatment he was getting.

htwnbandit and RayRay10 like this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Ive offered a bet to any **** talker around me that Altuve would hit at least .320 this year and NONE of them have the balls to take that bet. They sit there and talk about how they think he cheated but wont nut up and take that bet because they know how good he is but just want to talk down on greatness. #SIUEFA

RayRay10 and mikol13 like this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

In no huddle situations, they're constantly yelling out plays/signals within earshot of any defender.

The catcher is also not standing that close to the batter at all times.

Again, we're talking about an upgrade from an archaic/100 year old hand/finger system that has been througrouhly exploited/cracked thanks to HD cameras focused on the catchers fingers at all times (or by runners at 2B).

They could also just go back to allowing more mound meetings, however that would impact the pace of play edict.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

On the flip side, Manfred has dug in and said the title would not be stripped... which would set all sorts of bad precedent.

Would a new commissioner stick with that mindset?

Htown Stros and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yea I was listening to Miller last night thinking to myself who slipped him the happy pills?? I shut it off at the start of the 4th to crash and he was complimenting Harden again...strange world last night.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. marks0223

Supporting Member

15. marks0223

Supporting Member

But Manfred is worried about Fiers safety?

16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I think our ratings will be up...and maybe some of those that play us early on. But I don't think that'll last that long as at some point, the mob will move on to their next outrage.

Now, the playoffs may get better ratings as long as we're still in it and who we play. Play the Yankees and/or Dodgers and there will be a ton of people watching. Anyone else and it'll be iffy. If we're in the World Series again, we'll probably draw better ratings than last year as it didn't do too hot (not a lot of marquee names on the other side).

BamBam and Htown Stros like this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that would be one of those things where I went Liam Neeson on some people

18. mikol13

Supporting Member

19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Those can be traced. Some people are dumb enough to think they can post things anonymously on the internet. He should turn those over to the authorities and catch them and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law

Obviously most threats are just idiots on the internet, but you can’t take that chance

I sure hope MMP security is at an all time high this year

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Anyone have a subscription to provide how the article details the Red Sox cheating?

msn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.