1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msn

msn Member

The Astros better hit .402 as a team this year. ☹️

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Only people that are idiots will look at me like I am an idiot.

It's not like that example at all, hitters still had to actually hit a pitch and they did not know the location of the pitch.

If you think that's an apt example well maybe you are the ------------.

edwardc likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody cares what you consider a championship.

Get the **** out of here.

crose, AWIN, everyday eddie and 6 others like this.
  4. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't think this would be an issue if they'd beaten, say, Toronto in the ALDS, Seattle in the ALCS and then San Diego in the WS. But, they embarrassed MLB royalty...all of them...the big three. And self-righteous baseball writers just couldn't let that happen.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Astros beat the teams with the 3 highest payrolls in baseball in 2017. MLB is all about a select number of teams having major advantages (outside the game itself) over others.

Astros are fighting 2 fronts thanks to that fake Beltran niece tweet. Look at the hate Harold Reynolds got for simply talking baseball yesterday with Springer's and Altuve's 9th inning at bat. If this fake buzzer nonsense wasn't around, things would be a lot calmer.

7. Handles

Handles Member

I know this is besides the point and a meaningless tangent, but something funny I've been thinking about since I heard the rumor. How many times do you think your phone vibrates in your pocket, only to find that it wasn't vibrating? Happens to me often. No way I would be able to tell whether the buzzer was going off or not. Especially in the heat of the stressful moment lol. I'd probably think I was feeling a vibration and would watch a high heater blow by me.

RayRay10, SS0101 and marks0223 like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

It isn’t going to be a big issue down the line. Cole is in New York and no one is saying anything. The Dodgers just traded for two cheaters.

crose and RayRay10 like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its loud mouth fake bullies like this guy who talks tough but would never actually do something that are the most pathetic and deserve more ridicule than the targets of his anger.

BigM, everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

exactly the hypocrisy is incredible. Part of the issue is that no one in the media has separated the facts from the fiction and the players around the league believe everything released.

11. DCRocket

DCRocket Member

So now players are allowed to publicly rant about the Astros “deserving a beating”?

I mean really? Really? At some point MLB has to put some of the ridiculous ranting in check here...

whiskeyred, mikol13, BigM and 3 others like this.
  12. awc713

awc713 Member

Markakis needs to STFU with his calls for violence. Jesus Christ. I feel like we’re in some alternate reality. MLB dug it’s own grave in 2017 when it failed to take appropriate measures for what was clearly a league-wise issue at that point. Are we supposed to go back and cherry pick every WS winner? Cheating is as woven into this sport as the game itself. If he wants to be mad at the lack of ramifications, call your MLBPA.

whiskeyred, crose, jklb and 2 others like this.
  13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I can't believe Skip Bayless is the sole national media voice of truth.

14. JazzLakerHater

Despicable thug

15. Handles

Handles Member

Do it, Markakis. If you want to act hard and you want it done then do it. Talk is cheap.

BigM and everyday eddie like this.
  16. conquistador#11

Everybody is taking aim, guys I've never even heard of.
    Need one of those John Wick Continental coins find safe passage

Rock Block and BigM like this.
  17. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I would like to add that stealing signs is inherently this way. I think I have said this to some degree before... I played through HS and have coached HS baseball as well. Stealing signs, even at that level, is part of the game. BUT, even when you have them...you dont ever REALLY know that you have them. Which is why some, like Altuve, would just rather hit and not add the extra "ifs" to their thought process. People have broken down the data a bunch of different ways from the work that Tony Adams did and there is strong evidence that supports that everything evened out and that this didnt really help. This mental aspect helps explain why it didnt. Baseball players know this. Baseball players also cheat a bunch or are/have been around guys that cheat in some way all the time. The ones speaking out like Trout, Bellinger, and Markakis are just feeding into the mob at this point.

I even had a kid when I coached that liked to pine tar his bat a little further up to the barrel bc he claimed that "he wanted the added backspin." I just rolled my eyes lol. These guys read, see, think of all sorts of things. Baseball players are cheating hypocrites. Every last one of them!

alethios, whiskeyred, mikol13 and 4 others like this.
  18. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

this is just like the whole steroids stuff all over again... when steroid abusers were telling off the players who got caught just to avoid suspicion.

funny that of all the teams complaining, the yankees, who won a world series when arod was injecting his ass with all sorts of PEDs... and the dodgers who had manny ramirez and eric gagne (who btw said that 80% of the 2012 dodgers team did steroids) are going full r****d on this. this on top of the fact that both the dodgers and yankees were known to use video and smart watch tech to steal signals.

and if alex cora and carlos beltran really were that involved in the whole sign stealing scheme, they played for so many teams including the yankees, redsox, dodgers and the nationals... combine both cora and beltran’s teams and they literally played for half of the teams in the league... you can sure bet they learned from teammates and influenced all of those clubhouses when they were playing.

everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Would think it would have already been done, but manfred apparently doesn't have the nuts to do it

Might take an onfield brawl to put an end to it, a couple of Astros get beaned, they fight back and whip someone's ass, get long suspensions, and then manfred steps in and shuts it all down?

First 9 games are against the angels and athletics....team who think was we did is bad but seem ok with killing their teammate, and another who employees the rat

everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  20. right1

right1 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.