1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis disses James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

To be honest that comment during the draft was an innocent dig. Yes he implied he didn’t pass but it’s not like he’s denying he’s a great scorer. Harden doesn’t view himself playing ISO ball as disrespectful. I’d chalk it up as an innocent joke. Maybe he also meant it as a knock but it was harmless. He didn’t say “I don’t want him on my team because I was someone to play defense.”

@malakas The post game comment I honestly don’t think was that innocent. I mean neither of us can know for sure, but Giannis has been around long enough. I don’t think it had anything to do with a language barrier. I think it was a dig, not sure why and won’t speculate but I think you may be letting him off the hook a little too much by saying he was just being blunt and lacked awareness.

clutchdabear, jeevinesh and roslolian like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

CP3 and LeBron would have actually been better options to attack in the post than Harden.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Giannis clearly has a beef with the Rockets organization and Harden by proxy because of the way they handled the MVP award last year. It was a bad look by the Rockets to tweet out that Harden was "da real MVP", and Greek Freak took it personally. Now he feels the need to tear down Harden every chance he gets to prove his point, and cover up his insecurities. Harden won't clap back because he's not the type to do so, but it's obvious Giannis has an axe to grind.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yannis b**** made.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...-only-goal-is-a-championship-for-the-rockets/

Despite the historic production, however, Harden finished second to Giannis Antetokounmpo in 2019 MVP voting. When asked about it, Harden said he was focused on controlling what he could control.

"It’s out of my control. Once the media, they create a narrative about somebody from the beginning of the year, I think they just take that narrative and just run with it the entire year. I don’t want to get into details. All I can do is control what I can do, and I went out there and did what I was supposed to do at a high level. There’s only a few other seasons that anybody has ever done that before."

https://www.gq.com/story/james-harden-vol-4-sneaker-interview

You spoke to a radio station in Houston recently about the MVP race, and how you feel like the media usually goes into the season with an MVP candidate in mind, a narrative, that helps them win that award. Do you think a narrative has already taken form for 2019-2020?

Nah, it hasn’t happened yet, it’s too early. Wait until the preseason and when the regular season starts up again. But they [the media] for sure got some teams they locked in on. We all know. That’s just what it is. You can’t tell me that a guy whose team was a 14-seed at one point last year, and ended up a four-seed with everything that was going on—so many injuries—and who went on a 32-game 30-point streak, eight 50-point games, two 60-point games in one season…and all the talk was about [Giannis Antetokounmpo]? There’s no way.

I just had to look at what I could do to get better for next year. You can’t pout or be mad, and the kid had an unbelievable season, so did his team. But the things I was putting up were legendary. You going to look back in 10, 15 years from now and be like, is that really true? Did that really happen? That’s some stuff they were doing back when Kareem and all those other guys were playing. But I’m happy. We have a team goal of winning a championship, and I’m ready to get going now.

Ernie: Alright Giannis.

Giannis: OK, this is a tough one. I'm between Kemba & Trae Young.

Charles: Wait, you don't want the dribbler?

Giannis: I want someone that's going to pass the ball.

Zboy, clutchdabear, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  5. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Devin Booker and all the 1st timers are the only people to care about the All Star game. Kobe tributes were great but outside to that I don't give a fuuuhhhhhhhhhDGE abut All Star weekend. In the NBA it means NOTHING!

6. macan

macan Member

i didn't hate bucks and giantanus before, but now i do.
    Bucks owner's daughter still hot af tho

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am on record as saying I believe Giannis will leave the Bucks and go to the Heat. That is my prediction.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I really don't know.

What I do do know is that it made him look like an idiot and Harden took the high road (like he usually does).

9. Nook

Nook Member

I think that is the most likely landing spot for him as well.

AroundTheWorld and D-rock like this.
  10. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Damn the h town hate is strong

D-rock likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Oh you got me.

Both players kicked their legs and the rule was aimed at both.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Giannis getting locked up by everyone.

Rockets getting 2 more long athletic 3-D disruptors will be key to stopping Bucks.

As it is, Giannis will be eaten up by Miami's zone. His 3ball is overrated, still too emotional of a player.

Reeko likes this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Jesus who gives a f. Some extremely triggered folks here

jeevinesh likes this.
  14. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

All sports mean nothing.

jdiggidy likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Coming from the guy who hates teams best player, coach and GM.

The guy who criticizes and stigmatizes every loss or FO move.

The guy who wants to trade everyone and start over.

You are the guy telling everyone else not to get triggered?????

LOL

34to11, Zboy, Air Yordan and 7 others like this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I have no idea what you’re talking about? Again, some sensitive ass folks here

17. Homey the Clown

Damn yall are some sensitive fans lol. Never fails.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Get back on your sinking ship you rat.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Zboy and D-rock like this.
  20. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

I hope he tears his Achilles :)

ilovehtownbb, clutchdabear and D-rock like this.