1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis with the Metta World Peace move

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by latebloomer19, Feb 17, 2020.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Clearly extends the arm. Clearly dirty. Will get a pass because he's a media darling.

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This ain't nothing. I love Giannis' need for attention. I loved the pregame dig at Harden. I loved the intensity in the ASG. I loved the little in game rivalries. I loved Harden defending the post. I loved Lowry flopping everywhere.... and I love that Giannis got shut down in crunch time and lost.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I doubt he threw an elbow to the throat of Harden on purpose. Is it possible, sure but there is no proof he did and then we would have to question every single elbow in the game and that is a fruitless exercise.

If those really were the instructions given by Nick Nurse, then he really hasn't been paying attention to James Harden. Going at JH in the post is largely futile, he is one of the best post defenders in the game. If you want to go at him, try and go at him in transition. Honestly though, his defense has greatly improved, especially with Westbrook absorbing some of his usage rate.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

same. this is very entertaining to me. the league definitely needs a bit of I don't like you attitude. There's already more than enough you're my best friend forever going on across the league. The game needs more actual competition and a little hatred doesn't hurt at all. In fact the NBA needs more of it

5. malakas

malakas Member

Those were Nurse's instructions he clearly said it, it wasn't his own idea to go after Harden in the post.

6. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Hard to say anything of value with just one angle and grainy footage. It's ok to not be sure of everything guys.

I have been really annoyed by Giannis comments about James since the draft. But not ready to start hating yet, I love basketball too much and Gianis is a unique player, I'll hold before going full hive mindset here.

7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I literally didn't see him do that. Pretty disgusting..... and it was only an All-Star game.

He definitely doesn't like Harden at all. It's pretty obvious now that he intentionally threw the ball at Harden's head last season. He could have ended Harden's career with that.

Imagine if Harden said and done the stuff that Giannis has done to him. It would be all over the media.

clutchdabear, D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  8. napalm06

Amen. Let's get some real "I want to beat you" stuff back in the NBA instead of pansy ball. This All Star Game was a good start. No more Kevin Durant NBA.

Richie_Rich, DeBeards and YOLO like this.
  9. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Big Giannis fan and a bigger Harden fan... to me it looks like he clearly locates Harden, then pretends to look for the ball before going out of his way to throw a bow at Harden's throat...No way you can say he was going after the rebound. That is not a box out.

Edit: Not even sure that was a rebound. Whatever the case, he was less interested in the ball than he was at getting a shot in

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Since when does 1/3 = 1/2??

Not to be "that guy" but there's only 28 games left. I guess if you include the playoffs...

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

to those in the NBA, the AS break has always been referred to their halfway point of the season. that's the only time they get an extended break to finish out the season

malakas likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Seriously his beard literally saves him from serious injury to the face from opponents. It's like a sponge on his chin.

Literally opponents are getting cheap shots in on James Harden. Draymond Green is at the top of the list, Giannis is looking like he is 2nd on the list.

D-rock likes this.
  13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

all the way to the 2019-2020 NBA final…, (1/8) 7+(1/4)7+(1/2)7+(final)5= 26
    If you really really wanna cal it …lol

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

That offensive foul call at the end was fascinating: the best player in the league at drawing fouls vs the game's most accomplished flopper, 1-on-1 for all the marbles at the end of the All Star Game.

Pretty easy to see why the whistle was late: It took the refs an extra second or two to process what they were seeing. And they still got the call wrong.

15. napalm06

Shocking that they'd wave off a 3 in an all-star game for that. Shows you that even the refs, who are normally completely unaware of their surroundings, could see that everyone wanted to win that game.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  16. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Look - Giannis knows that he didn't actually WIN the MVP from James. He was given it be a media that ignored the fact that James had a season that ranks with Wilt / Jordan while Giannis had just a run of the mill annual MVP caliber performance. He knows in 10 years, his MVP will be lumped in with 50 other guys, where Harden's narrative will be different and elevated above that.

So even though he won the MVP, he's knows that Harden deserved the award and that eats at him and causes him to act like a guy that came in 2nd place.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol, yeah right.

He's about to become 2x MVP back to back. Giannis' MVP legacy will exceed that of Harden coming this summer.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How is this GARM? Do we even have moderators on this forum?

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I’ve always like Giannis even before he was drafted. Fame and success has turned him into an entitled **** head. I wish him nothing but failure in his basketball career.

SORF, clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Another fake NBA player who is labeled nice, but a p@#$#@head inside.