1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Carlos Mother Falcon Correa

Nook, Rock Block, htwnbandit and 5 others like this.
  2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Steroids helped no matter where you played. Sign stealing only helped at home. Tuve out up better numbers on the road.

buffalobills!!! and BigM like this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Performance pays. If Correa stays healthy either the Astros pay him or someone else does. He’ll be fine.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Man, I can't wait for the inevitable Jeff Passan / Buster Olney report to rip back at Correa where they act like they're the angels of baseball.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm a casual Astros fan. Do players come out and drop supa hot fire like Correa did in this interview often in this sport?:eek: This dude is looking into the camera and telling people to stfu LMAO! wow! SPICY!!

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The Astros should seriously have Correa run their PR department. No matter where Correa ends up when he becomes a free agent he'll get a cheer from me. Hopefully he inspires other Astros to start standing up for themselves.

7. HookemHorns1250

Really proud of Correa for just stepping forward and accepting part of the blame, while defending Altuve as well. I like how he called Fiers out to tell the truth about Altuve while people just continue to bash him. -If- what Correa said is true, and Fiers just says nothing....that says even more about him.

Jake Tower, Nook, Rock Block and 3 others like this.
  8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Well consider me a Carlos Correa fan for life. I LOVE this dude. Props to him for basically throwing himself under the bus to make sure everyone knew Altuve was clean and Bellinger is an idiot.

And if Mike Fiers came out and said Altuve really was clean then I would regain a little more respect for him.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Holy **** CC do you ever have my respect. Love it.

10. adoo

adoo Member

ur confused.

being analytical has nothing to do w using electronic devices to steal sign

sleight of hand on ur part trying to muddy up the issue.

U need to stay on topic which is Cheaters using electronic devices to steal signs. I know that u know that

stealing signs from the dugout, without electronic devices, is different than what cheaters like Beltran had done​

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Carlos came off as authentic. That’s the first time we got a real conversation from an Astro. But he wanted both sides of the story to be true. He wants to take it on the chin, he’s sorry, it was an advantage, anyone can say what they want....BUT oh no they can’t... they still won the championship fair and square too. Well which one is it? That makes no sense. While this is exactly where the real conversation begins, I don’t think he’s ready to accept it on the chin. And that’s fair. He doesn’t have too. But say that and don’t play both sides. It still has a massage like response to it even though it was the first real conversation we’ve had.

lw17 likes this.
  12. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

13. HookemHorns1250

I obviously don't like the fact we cheated. However, all these articles are making me just embrace the hate.

14. TheresTheDagger

Why can't both be true?

They obviously had the system going during the regular season of 2017 and must have felt it helped some players. They've admitted to it over and over again.

On the other hand, with everyone stating the sign stealing was an "open secret" in MLB AND with the playoffs going on and every team being presumably paranoid about stealing signs...I can definitely buy Correa's statement that teams were constantly switching signs in the playoffs and World Series. They would have to be stupid not to, and I don't think the Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers orgs are stupid.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

All they had to do is cheat once to gain an advantage, to tilt the series. Everything he said is likely absolutely true, but it doesn’t absolve when they did cheat. Those runners got on base somehow. And that is where the competitors have a legitimate beef. And he owns that advantage but not the inevitable conclusion. Most will see that as a contradiction, especially the Dodgers, Yankees, our division, and the rest of the league.

#2255 PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  16. mikol13

Supporting Member

Bryant needs to worry about not feeling like he’s entitled and start playing the game the right way. F that guy.

Cannot wait for the F U we are taking it effing back tour to begin.

King1 and Chilly_Pete like this.
  17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It makes sense if you believe him when they say it wasn’t effective in the playoffs.

Nook and htwnbandit like this.
  18. mikol13

Supporting Member

Nope, not really. Insert Nook Laloosh interview when he was called up to the show.

Nook likes this.
  19. TheresTheDagger

Every team attempts to steal signs on every single pitch right? I mean nobody is going to admit to it, but we all know it's true. How do we know the Dodgers, Yankees, and Red Sox didn't get a few signs themselves to gain an advantage? I remember a tweet showing Judge looking at an iPad in the Yankees dugout during the series. Competitors don't get to be the ONLY ones with a beef.

So where does that leave us?

I'm not trying to absolve the Astros of cheating. Neither is Correa. He's simply stating the effect of cheating in the playoffs when EVERYONE is super paranoid about changing signs is negligible. The cheating attempts are bad. But did they REALLY effect the outcome of the series? I SINCERELY doubt it.

Nook likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.