1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dating At Work

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da_juice, Feb 15, 2020.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Good news Clutchfans! I start my dream job at my old company on Tuesday and I'm very excited.

I don't want to turn this into a D&D post so I'll keep it relatively vague; but I'm going to be working in digital political advertising. So if you see your 700th million Bloomberg ad on facebook or an ad for Annise Parker* (who I've had the pleasure of meeting; very nice and smart woman); you can thank me.

Annise Parker isn't running for anything to the best of my knowledge, she's just a good example.

Anyway, I'm very very excited to see all of my old friends at my job. However, it wouldn't be a da_juice post without something complicated.

One of my old friends there is a very attractive basketball fan who I had a massive crush on when we worked together. I always suspected the crush was reciprocated but never wanted to act on it because I worked there as a contractor and she was a full time employee. I was living paycheck to paycheck, and I figured I could ask her out at the Big, End of Busy Season Company Party™.

What I didn't know is that the Big Company Party™ was more than just a cake and a bottle of wine in the breakroom for 30 minutes.

The Big Company Party™ was in fact, just that. The organization rented out one of DC's biggest nightclubs for the whole night. Free food, open bar. And because it's a start up, I think the oldest employee there was about 40. I don't remember much, but I remember one of my co-workers puked in her purse and I drunkenly stumbled into the mcdonalds next door at like 5 AM. That was the end of my contract, and I figured I'd never see her again.

But I'm seeing her again on Tuesday and probably close to everyday from now until the election which we're both excited about. The only catch is that she's since been promoted and instead of being co-workers she's going to be my boss. As in she's going to be my direct supervisor so there's a clear potential for conflicts of interest etc there.

She is too professional to ask out a subordinate. I'm too professional to ask out a boss. But I don't want to let what seems to be a divinely intervened second chance be squandered. Other than being a Laker fan, she's everything I look for in a woman. Smart, funny, compassionate, driven, kind of nerdy.

It doesn't hurt she also has nice long legs and very pretty eyes. I won't post a photo of her but I will give you horny ****ers a nice handmade drawing of her. I have the drawing skills of a toddler so if you can track her down from that you've got way too much time on your hands lol.

2. Fantasma Negro

Don't **** where you eat, don't get #metoo-ed. There are plenty of horny women walking around your neighborhood h.e.b or at your gym that will **** you if you don't have bad breath. **** them. Go to work, do your job, say as less as possible to this woman

whag00, rrj_gamz, jboslett and 6 others like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

as long as you two set strict ground rules of no secks during office hours, i don't see what could go wrong.

Yung-T and No Worries like this.
  4. calcium

calcium Member

I'd wait till the job is finished/over.

Both of you have more to lose than gain right now.

5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

No, No , No.............she could get in trouble for dating a subordinate. I am sure its tempting, but I have seen to many office romances even on a peer to peer level go sideways and it usually doesn't end up well.

Anyhow, good luck on the new job and find someone else ;)

B-Bob and Blatz like this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The good news is you're going to have lots of opportunities to get in her good graces and lay the ground work for a potential relationship.

The bad news is you're a damned fool if you so much as even think about asking this woman out while she is your superior.

It's a risky idea to date a coworker, it's an out-and-out stupid idea to date a supervisor or subordinate.

Ask her out the moment you are no longer in that boss-employee relationship.

Also, DC? Nice. Imma crash ur next office partay.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

LOL I was not expecting all of this advice so quick.

I definitely was not planning on doing anything more than like playfully flirting while I'm on my contract, but yeah definitely going to wait until after the election (which I would have done anyway because neither of us are going to have time to sleep let alone go on a date with ANYONE. I've been given strict instructions by her to fully enjoy every weekend before we start to get busy because I'm pretty sure I'll be pulling 6 or 7 day weeks starting as soon as April or May.

With that in mind, I'm going to a mardi gras party tonight and am going to try my luck with some LSU grads who work for the "other team". Depending on how much I can swallow my pride and grit my teeth tonight I hopefully will break my dry spell lol.

As an aside: DC is a lot of fun, but it can also be incredibly stressful because everyone works in politics and some people...despite working 40-60 hours dealing with politics - still feel the need to talk about it on the middle of a Saturday night. I'll keep my eye out for any Houston transplants and clutchfans members

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

If she sounds perfect, she's probably a man.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Sex and love are different.

Find someone to have sex with, preferably multiple people.

If you are still attracted to this woman after having other available sex partners, then you can try dating her when your employment is up.

Wear protection obviously and work smart and not hard finding suitable sex partners... but there are plenty out there. Do not lie to them, do not date them, be a gentleman but make it clear you are not interested in serious dating. If they begin to deviate in their affections and you do not feel the same, stop seeing them and stop having sex with them.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Split, hit, quit.

rrj_gamz likes this.
  11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

So you're the reason my friend was pissed off lol
    [​IMG]

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

**** those ads

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Real talk; I've been in DC for 6 years now. I love it here. Met my wife here, my son was born here. I'm down to watch some Rockets or whatever.

Sounds like you're in an interesting, if not somewhat crazy line of work. My job has nothing to do with the government or politics or elections, so I'm very lucky in a sense given that everyone I know here is in that vein. I do not envy their stories, both professionally or personally.

Speaking of DC dating... this article should sound familiar to you

25 Incredibly DC Dating Stories—From Meet-Cutes to Nightmares

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Are you familiar with the female of our species?

REEKO_HTOWN, Jontro and da_juice like this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If she wants romance, no.

If she wants friends with benefits, maybe. Remember, women lie ;)

da_juice likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Maybe....? That could lead into more problems. She could get attached and not respect the guidelines laid out. Just leave that cookie in the jar to marinate.

REEKO_HTOWN, da_juice and No Worries like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

I think this is all the sign-from-above you need. Just picture Kurt Rambis's face on top of her neck, and you'll do the right thing.

FrontRunner likes this.
  18. da_juice

da_juice Member

Good advice but I dont think cookies marinate bro.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Oh, this one will.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

• Send her a link to this thread
    • ask her: could men be anyworse at giving advice or understanding what love is!
    • Ask for pay raise