1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Batman = Robert Pattinson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, May 17, 2019.

1. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Someone needs to give Taylor Lautner a job

Jontro, DreamShook and BigM like this.
  2. Outlier

Outlier Member

He does have the look. Never even considered it since he was on Twilight

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Different movies.....not tied to one universe. Late 80s/90s Batman is different than Nolan's Batman. Batman is a character that can be explored over and over because of his comic history. He is probably still the most grounded and arguably the most well-known comic book superhero.

If you didn't have Batman from 1989, you don't have the Marvel Universe were A-List Actors jump at the chance to star in these movies. That Batman started the "EVENT" movie as we know today. Stars Wars and others like it were targeted at kids and families. Batman was a blockbuster that was aimed at a more older audience too.

Jontro likes this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’m more surprised by there being another Batman than this casting.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. hooroo

hooroo Member

nolan is overrated.

is this new franchise based on this cartoon?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When I saw this headline I genuinely assumed it was for one of the DC licensed shows they run on the WB. I feel like there are 50 of them. Surprised to see he got THE Batman role. But I don't know anything about his acting and I never saw Twilight, so, not really worried about it.

It's just weird to keep seeing them churn out Batman. I think we're over it. Marvel has the balls to move away from the characters that grew their movie franchise. DC needs to figure something else out too.

7. PatBev

PatBev Member

Either have the writers from the animated movies help out, go into Batman beyond, or just stop.

The new Batman animated movies with Damien Wayne are actually really good. DC kills it with the animated movies but drop the ball with live action

I would actually love to see them start a new with Damien Wayne or go into Batman beyond which I loved as a kid as well

Blurr#7 and tierre_brown like this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

ECD8BC77-FABB-4908-97B3-61D19A08460B.jpeg I’m actually okay with this. I think he will do well.

Hated BA from start to finish as Batman

9. Buck Turgidson

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is Good Time the prequel to Good Times?

Jontro and BigM like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

From Pale Vampire to Batman, he was also in talks as 007.

12. Buck Turgidson

Good Times 2: The Goodening

13. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I wonder how many times they'll reboot Batman in my lifetime. Looking like no less than 25 times.

jev5555 likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Batman vs. WuTang Virus: The Reckoning

Jontro likes this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Batman is the ULTIMATE superhero for movies and tv because he is "mysterious", he doesn't have super powers, he uses his mind, is flawed, and has "wonderful" gadgets and vehicles at his disposal. With the right storyteller, You get the "Dark Knight" is considered the greatest Super Hero movie all time based on the quality of the movie. It is consider a GREAT CRIME DRAMA over being a GREAT Superhero movie. The 89 Batman by Tim Burton started the rebirth Comic book SuperHero blockbuster as an EVENT movie. And now you have Batman's main villain (as played by Ledger and Phoenix) with 2 Oscars. Batman has cache in Hollywood and Warner Bros. knows it. That's why you can't get a Batman TV series or Batman appearing (for more than a few seconds "Gotham"), because WB doesn't want to diminish the box office future revenue.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

18. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

More solid RP roles if you need some: High Life, The King, and the Lighthouse

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

That theme song is rockin. It sounds like the Imperial March. I hope they go that haunting route with Batman

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I agree with most of this except

-not having super powers: batman is far beyond ‘gadgets’ at this point and leverages tech to a point of having powers, from an entire building worth of ‘sonar’ from cell phones to wearing iron-manesque power armor to take on superman.

-dark knight being the ‘greatest’ superohero movie: subjective, and maybe when DK came out, but Marvel has kicked the bar into high orbit with it’s movies and I wouldn’t put DK in the top five now. Again, very subjective and there are some that contend the first ‘modern’ Superman way back in 1978 is the best comic book movie ever.