1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SELL DA TEAM! SELL DA TEAM!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Feb 5, 2020.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

Hey, it worked in NY, the Knicks fired Steve Mills! Maybe it will work here and Cal McNair will fire B O'B!

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Only thing that is going to get the attention of Cal is a significant drop in ticket sales

gatsby, fallenphoenix and Fulgore like this.
  3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

lol ballgame, where do you want to start the chant at?

just to play along. With him being quite the socialite I would think being publicly embarrassed by the fans here in Houston would get his attention. Put up some billboards around town stating sale the team or whatever...

Now on to another thread before scarface scolds me again about Cal's money and him not caring about me...

#3 Blatz, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    CometsWin likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

No way they sell the team.

Basically is guaranteed multi generation wealth, and it requires no work and is idiot proof...... it also lets Cal go around town and show everyone in River Oaks his cool toy.

It is a great way for the ultra rich to ensure their dumb children and grandchildren remain wealthy.

5. body slam

body slam Member

and which city will it be moved to?

fallenphoenix and Blatz like this.
  6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

yeah that would really really suck :( and I wouldn't want to take that chance

7. ballgame

ballgame Member

If it's idiot proof, then you mean there's a chance Cal will mess up and sell?

8. ballgame

ballgame Member

Why they have to move? There are other Billionaires in Houston

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LONDON!, Toronto! Living thru the Oilers moving was BAD. Different times though. No way the NFL will let a team move from Houston now. Too much money. Houston will be the 3rd largest city in the US sometime this decade (passing Chicago). Texans have been anywhere from 6-9 on the valuable teams list (media markets...currently 8th....and Metro area...9th..are big part).

Now, on to the sell the team chant. What? NY Knicks HAVE been a dumpster fire for YEARS. Texans have been a playoff team in the NFL (where it is harder to make the playoffs.....quite a bit harder) 4 of the last 5 years. The Bills didn't make the playoffs for what, 19 years? Browns? You are complaining that a team that has won playoff games in 2 of the last 4 years needs to be sold by ownership? Yes, they have not made it to a Conference championship. However, the team is not even 20 years old yet. You should look at playoff histories of NFL teams to gain perspective.
    It took the texans 10 years to make its first playoffs. Over the next 8 years, they have made the playoffs 5 times. No, they had the success we all want them to.....but that is the story of most NFL teams. Sustained success is hard in the NFL. Vikings went to 4 Superbowl in the 70s, haven't been back since. Bills went to 4 straight Superbowls in the early 90s and then went thru an 17 year playoff drought from 2000 to 2017. Have some perspective.

KC went 50 years between Superbowl appearances. FIFTY YEARS. And that is with NUMEROUS playoff teams in the 90s thru 2010s.

The McNairs have never been shy about spending money (One of the problems with the Knicks). The problem with turning over the Front Office every 3 years...like some of you want....is that you can't build anything last. Making a change just to make a change, to shake things up, doesn't work much of the time. Browns, Jets, Chargers, Dolphins, Lions, Bears, REDSKINS, Bills, and Cardinals are examples of multiple changes...with limit success. No, you can't be the Bengals by keeping the same head coach and front office after years of limited success. The 1st 4 years with O'Brien was the obvious conflict between Rick Smith and him (and lack of QB for 3 of them). The last 2 years have had the Texans trying to build something (fixing the Oline was the big issue).

O'Brien now has full control. He probably has 2 seasons to do something or he is gone. Whether he deserves those 2 seasons is irrelevant because he has them. Let's see what the control freak can do with control. He has the rope, let him save or hang himself.

Blatz likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

I'm going to put on my black nikes. I got a UFO to catch.

Blatz likes this.
  11. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yes please.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Houston is a football cash cow.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Don’t give Tillman ideas

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I've long-maintained BOB is fine; like the vast majority of NFL head coaches. And if Cal wants to keep him, OK. Again: he's fine. But to watch your team get their doors blown off consecutive years in the postseason; to watch your offense - BOB's supposed forte - struggle consistently even with (mostly) full health; to watch your pseudo-GM scramble to cover the tracks of his years-long mistakes.... to not force *some* change under the current circumstances - and, worse, to fall back on 10 wins and a division championship as justification for not just maintaining the status quo but doubling down on it - is....BAFFLING.

I did not think Bob McNair was a *bad* owner - but I was hoping his son would bring a different energy/perspective/urgency to the franchise. What we might be getting - if this offseason is any indication - is not just worse but disappointingly worse. It demonstrates a lack of self-awareness; of competitive interest...

We could spend days recounting all the mistakes and bad breaks of this franchise - but I'm really starting to dread that the move to Cal could end up being the worst thing to ever happen to this team.

gatsby and ima_drummer2k like this.
  15. ballgame

ballgame Member

I couldn't have said it any better!

Cal has become the problem by his LACK of involvement, at least Bob McNair would let you know his thoughts. So, you know where he stood, Cal won't even speak to the media!

And if I'm O'Brien, if presented, I'll take the keys to the kingdom too! To me, If Cal heard the cry of the fans, he would have at least made B O'B get a OC outside the organization.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nobody sells sports franchises unless they were just in it to get rich like a junk bonds salesman from new york
    @Reeko

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Even Bob forced Wade Phillips on Kubiak. I mean, if you're not going to fire BOB, OK - but you can't look at the current state of the organization and do NOTHING. It's irresponsible.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

"Shhhhhhh"...let @Hey Now! and @Mr.Scarface do their thing. Fight Fight Fight.

CometsWin likes this.