1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Having we been hiding Hartenstein?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, Feb 5, 2020.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The fact that we gave away Capela without getting back a big makes me think that we have little more faith in Hartenstein than his playing time would indicate. I assume we will be giving him a lot of run once the trade deadline is over.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

1. We are hiding him so no one will want him in a deal.
    2. He's actually in a deal and is going to be traded before the deadline.
    3. MDA just hates centers and will not play him unless he has to.
    I guess it is one of these three options.

joshuaao, eyhab27, rockbox and 7 others like this.
  3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I think they may be hiding him lol then again im just being highly optimistic.

4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Morey could still get a center before this deal is done or in buyout.
    Harden and Russ do need a big for alley oops but a center that could shoot from inside the paint or decent on 3s would be a nice fit.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harteinstein X Factor? :eek:

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

RustyHarden likes this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

Time tells all

Remlap likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Or

4. Hartenstein just isn't very good and that's why he doesn't play.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

The last time he played more than 6 minutes in a game he put up 17 points 15 rebounds 5 blocks on 8/9 shooting with a team high +39 in 26 minutes.

Since then he has either been dnp or garbage time <5mpg. Yeah, must be because he's not very good.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

No, people really think MDA works that way? He just doesn’t trust him.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No now shut up before Tilly trades him for additional cap savings.

The reality is that Mike doesn’t trust him. He just has awful awareness, tonight he checked in, let his man run pas him twice for two dunks, and gave a dumb foul or two, and he didn’t even hit the boards.

Hart is extremely inconsistent, MDA doesn’t trust him and legitimately has very little interest in playing him even with Clint missing multiple consecutive games which is really telling.

The whole holding players out concept is really silly, like if he played well while Clint sat we would have automatically had to include him in the deal lol.

Dacamel likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No. More than likely they would love for the league to have viewed him as an asset they’d want in replace for the 1st round pick. I simply think MDA has a weird fetish for short basketball teams. At some point in his life he was bullied for being short and he has this point he has to prove in life.

MDA has always been weird and incredibly stubborn. The end of the prime years for Pau Gasol would have been dramatically different if MDA didn’t have this fetish. The guy is just never going to change on playing players who are tall.

13. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I suggest to give more time for him and Tyson vs Lakers

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

What doesn’t make sense is Hartenstein is used as a stretch five with the Vipers and does very well. But with the Rockets he is forced to dumb down his game and isn’t allowed to use all his weapons. Hartenstein made 8 three pointers in ONE game with the Vipers, but is being handcuffed as a Rocket by MDA.

MrSabotage and deb4rockets like this.
  15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dantoni would have traded him too if he could.

Dacamel likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harty is a walking foul.

D-rock, Dacamel and FrontRunner like this.
  17. dejamike

dejamike Member

I really hope that you are right. That kid needs to get some meaningful mins. If he turns out to be a bust, then at least we know, so instead of giving him away for free, and most likely we will get him back couple of years later by giving up couple of first rounders like we did in this trade....smdh

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No matter what you think of the kid, when he’s been in he’s produced. He’s shown he’s more than deserving of minutes and can help the team. Yet Dantoni still wants to play vets way too many minutes and stick with a 7 man rotation, I just don’t get it

deb4rockets and ROXTXIA like this.
  19. smp

smp Member

This is exactly what I’m thinking. Which of these options is the truth? I guess we will find out soon enough.

20. dejamike

dejamike Member

There is an audio this morning on the radio of Mike D, he said something along the line that getting out rebound don’t concern him, it’s the second chance points. Basically he said he doesn’t care that the Rox get out rebounded 50, as long as they limit the other team’s second chance point, he is find with that.
    I don’t really agree on that, it’s never a good thing giving other team extra possessions, not only you are more likely to give up second chance points, you really messed up your own team’s rhythm offensively.