1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Wojbomb) Rockets talking to several Eastern conference teams about Capela trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Was thinking the same thing.

Mazulis, Rudyc281 and Lurch like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh, I am very much aware that the team is overall worse with Westbrook - but they long ago gave the keys to Harden - and they are going to bend over backwards for him until he flames out.

DD

3. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I would say Bertans competes hard. He doesn’t fade away like Ryno.

I don’t get the Bryant love...he’s not good.

treyk3 likes this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I love his game but Bertans is a rental 100%. There is no chance we would match his market value. He's going to $20 Million a season. He's great on a bad team. This would be an awful trade. Only way i'm dealing with The Wizards is if I get Rui Hachimura.

5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Wait now we have quadruple C's

@ch44 @Codman @cyberx @CHI

joshuaao and BigShasta like this.
  6. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Not many teams have cap space this summer I would we get him on a decent deal.

7. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Teams with the most cap space this summer before extensions.

ATL - 26M
    NYM - 20M
    CHI - 19M
    IND - 18M

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, just to note though, all bad teams, Dallas without Doncic, Miami without Butler, Pacers without Turner, and against the Jazz well, we were without Harden and Westbrook too.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bertans is that kind of player, stretch 4 with poor athlethicism, lenght, not really quick with his feet...i mean, he's not a good defender. The Spurs traded him cause they had a deal with Marcus Morris who is a better defender. I assume he wouldn't start here anyway, coming off the bench his defense wouldn't hurt us as much.

D-rock likes this.
  10. onreego

onreego Member

Ehh...Seems like they're focused on offensive chemistry here which I'd argue that offensively Paul and Capela never quite gelled either.

The other aspect of that CP3, JH, and Capela record was that we had a much better defensive team with personnel that fit the switch everything scheme well in 2017-18. Even last year the record with them, while still good, was beginning to show some cracks because defensively we weren't as good. The WB, JH, and CC lineup isn't as successful because WB isn't as good as a defender as CP3. Also, collectively we do not have great team defenders and subpar 1 on 1 defenders.

D-rock likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst: If Clint Capela is truly available, there's a trade package there the Celtics can put together. If they got their hands on Clint Capela, he would dramatically change their situation against big teams. I'd like that for them. They'd have to do without trading their big five so Daniel Theis probably being in the deal, Vincent Poirier, Romeo Langford maybe and one of their first. (Not the Memphis pick) Houston is trying to acquire a wing. I gotta believe Boston is in the mix there.

Gross.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Keep

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol mmm ok Brian.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah ok Ainge lol

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Agree. What happens when he doesn't want/need to play small?
    Who is going to guard AD, for example? (but then, does MDA really worry about 'guarding'?)

Don't disagree, but hope everyone realizes 'replacement for Capella' will definitely be a lesser player. You don't trade and get a better replacement, plus another good player. ie, could they get someone's reserve center? Sure. And lots of 'reserve' centers in the league really should be back of bench players.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Give me Taco Fall, a true BIG man! We can just use him for 4-5 minutes in case we need a statue to block shots haha

mockster and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. oelman44

oelman44 Member

It's all just speculation, either way, brother. Pretty much the point of fans discussing things on message boards. Don't tell me you don't think trade value has never been a consideration for dictating playing time, especially when we're talking about Morey.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LMAOO!! What a garbage offer. LOL Windhorst.

D-rock, mockster and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that package sucks. let Ainge ride the midgets against Embiid, Sabonis and Giannis.

I bet he had to read Poirier on "his" notes cause he didn't even know he exists.

D-rock likes this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No it has not. If the coach thinks a player is good, he is going to play. The coach isn't just going to hold him back at the detriment of the team. This should be common sense. I understand this is a message forum, but silly speculation deserves to be called out.