1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thunder/ rockets record comparison

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jan 30, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Westbrook won’t fall off? Who has more guaranteed years left?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

reaping what? but cf's said he already fell off

one team that will be reaping for sure is okc with their boatload of picks

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

yea westbrook will eventually, but he's 3 years younger than cp3. not sure what you mean by guaranteed years? contract years? westbrook has 1 more.

besides, westbrook has been playing great.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Technically Westbrook has 2 more guaranteed years, but I think everyone believes Paul is opting in to his last year so effectively it’s 1.

And if you look at this year in it’s totality, not just the calendar year of 2020 this is Westbrook’s 4th year in a row of declined play. Now if he continues to play at the level he has in January throughout the rest of this season his season long numbers shoukd eventually buck the 3 year downward trend, but technically his “eventual” decline started years ago.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Peeps forgot what mad hops was.

This version of Russell is just one Third of the legendary Westbrook who still couldn't win it all.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Regular season doesn't matter.

If we cared about the regular season we wouldn't have made the trade.

htownrox1 likes this.
  7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This is the biggest thing to consider. Before the trade everyone assume CP3 was untradable with his contract, much less to get any kind of star for him.

We forget that top 20 nba players are not always available, definitely not necessarily when it would be perfect to trade for them, and they don’t always want to come to the rockets.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  8. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

This has to be the dumbest debate I’ve read in a while. Do people really think CP3 is the sole reason OKC is flourishing? Yes, he’s having a good season but their success has a hell of a lot more to do with the other acquisitions they received through their trade with the Clippers. The guys they got in that trade are killing it. Not to mention they have multiple draft picks to improve the team through other trades or the draft. If you want to talk about the stupidity of Morey trading for CP3 to begin with, then that’s a good debate, especially when there were other guys that could compliment our PF Harden. You don’t give up picks and multiple players for an aging injury prone guy that doesn’t fit your offense. And while he’s showing some grit right now, he’s on the downside of his career. He’ll likely miss games when he’s injured again. Would’ve been a real problem finding cap space to sign another player while trying to wait out his contract to expire in 3 years.

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

the stupidity was tilman. morey didn't want to trade cp3. tilman made the decision

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

But the reality is that Paul is their biggest contributor to wins. Leads their team in wins above replacement and win shares. Their other players are having great years as well, doesn’t change the fact that Paul has been the leader and best player.

Westbrook like Paul is also on the downside of his career. Westbrook unlike Paul is currently missing games because of injury recovery.

Swapping one for the other did not change our cap situation for this year or the next 2.

This trade only goes down for a win for Houston if Westbrook can continue his January performance for the rest of this year and a year or two more. At this point the most optimistic view of Westbrook vs Paul as players would have them as essentially a wash. I don’t agree with that viewpoint, but I’m willing to entertain that idea. But it’s going to take a lot more from Westbrook to make up the difference of all those picks and the 1 extra year @ 47 mil I believe.

YOLO likes this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

CP3 will end up ranked much higher than harden on all time lists.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don’t see how this is even possible.

Harden will without question end his career in the top 25-40 range. Take Bill Simmons opinion for what you will but he re ranked him as of this season like 32 overall I believe? Still has a handful of high end seasons left still.

Is Paul going to be top 5-10 when he retires? I guess if he gets out of OKC and grabs a couple titles and he is a finals MVP one of those it’s possible.

Think it’s more realistic that Paul finds his way in the 20-30 range with not much of any chance of finishing higher now that he’s gotten older and I don’t see how that could be viewed as “much higher” than Harden.

Both will finish higher than Westbrook.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not...dude is just talking out his ass moving off emotion instead of logic

CP will be ranked much higher? Yeah, in your head maybe. In reality? Hell no. Stop the nonsense...

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Paul is already top 25 and that's before this year. Could be top 20.

Harden may not even be too 30 yet.

16. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

still mad we didn't win it all in 2018

Air Yordan and Remlap like this.
  17. Remlap

Remlap Member

But now we have Russ who doesn't play B2B's.
    Not much improvement in games played there

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Look man the moment Cp3 starts showing his age I will make sure to @ you, Yolo, Jordnnn and whoever joker keeps denying Cp3 34 turning retired to remind you how dumb you sound today singing Cp3's praises. It's a joke y'all have been posters for years but still act like the whole NBA ends after this season.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's coming off arthroscopic surgery. If Cp3 was the one who came off arhtro he'd be retired not missing B2Bs.

20. dmoneybangbang

Big yawn from me.

This is far more complicated than current records, as it would seem to me the Rockets worst streak is due to Harden's poor play.