1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Westbrook Recently called out Harden for having the "worst attitude" on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 28, 2020.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It should at least be noted that we're way past talking about stats as x/y/z on fg%. CP3 was and is the more efficient scorer, even though he had a slightly lower FG%, because of course of the 3 pointers and FT% and how those weight into efficiency. That's part of the reason CP3 had a 118 ORtg with the team last year, compared to Russ' 106 this year. Russ also turns the ball over more... in fact at a 45% higher rate per 100 possessions. I also think CP3 is the better defender.

That said, Russ is much better with regard to rebounding, pace, energy, etc. Notwithstanding his resting on b2bs this year and CP3s amazing health rejuvenation, Russ is the better bet health wise and age wise going forward. Russ is equally good at finding open players imo... in a completely different way than CP3, but surprisingly good way. I think the rest of the team hasn't been "as good" as I would have hoped hitting shots off his passes unfortunately. In that sense, especially in his first year, CP3 was playing with a Rockets team with better supporting cast.

As much as I might want to believe we'd be seeing this year's CP3 here if he had stayed, I don't think we would have. And more than that, the main thing about him this year has been that he's been clutch and healthy. Otherwise better than last year, but not light year's better, and not better than his first year with the Rockets, imo.

If Russ can by virtue of his relationship with Harden, help with the attitude more than CP3, that's probably worth the price of admission, because otherwise I think its kind of an even trade and the bigger issue will remain what it's always been - forwards and defense.

As an aside, the 4-some of Russ, Harden, Clint and Tucker have played 33 of the 46 games so far. It will be nice to stay healthy for a stretch if possible.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

appreciate your insightful analysis of their ids.

Plowman likes this.
  3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Exactly... lets just get all the chemistry stuff sorted out... we can beat any team any day... yes even the lakers when we're clicking on all cylnders.

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

Obviously, you're upset. Why, I'm not sure, because we're just DISCUSSING Basketball Player's leadership qualities or lack there of. The strange thing about leadership is, no one way is right or wrong! Some lead with an "Iron fist", some lead with a "Show You" quality (I'll show you how it's done).

Kobe, Jordan, Bird and Magic were all Iron fist types and LeBron and Duncan are/were Show You types. The reason while I say Harden needs help, because he doesn't know how to be a leader. He is unselfish, however he also voice his opinions on the court BUT the one thing ALL of the after mentioned leaders I just stated above did was THEY LEAD!

I've personally seen Harden pinpoint to an area on the court where a player should have been on Defense or something they should have done, when he doesn't play defense all the time. And it's nothing worse than a player calling you out in public. I think he should wait until we get to the bench or talk to them at halftime. I don't know what all Harden does or not do, but for Russ to pull him aside and tell him, it's HIM and not anyone else... that's major!

And don't you think it's funny how Russ has taking over more recently and Harden has been fading of late and now this comes out!

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol you missed the point of his post 100%

DeBeards likes this.
  6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I will leave the lying to you.

DeBeards and King1 like this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

I was talking about LEADERSHIP in both post, so who missed the point?

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

smh

10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Kobe won 5 rings being a dick, clearly it worked and is part of the reason he's among the greatest. Jordan was a ******* too. Every leader isn't holding hands singing Kumbaya in a love circle

alpha7283 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

2002 WCF game 6, 2000 WCF game 7 (two of the most blatantly rigged games in american pro sports history)

contrast with 2018 WCF games 6 & 7?

kobe was the beneficiary of economy of scale (southern california) making great financial sense for the league office. harden, not so much.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Could someone please tell me how I can search a thread for the amount of posts by specific users.

IE: search this thread to see if cyberx has followed up from his opening comment.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He answered someone’s question if we’re still interested in Iggy, “Does a bear s*** in the woods?”

I do a Search Forums and look for posts by username. Sometimes posters will pop up in other threads, especially Codman.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'll give it till the end of the season. It's always the same with ol' Hardhead. He just cant stand not taking the lead. Even when its obvious that he can't. No star is safe with Harden.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Kobe is a top 20 player but pretty clearly he was the 2nd fiddle on the first 3 championships plus the beneficiary in 2002 of some of the most blatant league mandated officiating in NBA history.

And then obviously 2nd fiddle to Adam Morrison on the last 2 rings. (kidding)

Kobe is a legendary player and probably a pretty effective leader but his style isnt a prerequisite to success. I don’t think that if you exchange him for Harden on the exact same teams, we have any more success.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so the leadership for you is to have the the game rigged for you to win?
    and lacking leadership is when the refs dont give you fouls you have legit earned?

DeBeards and pippendagimp like this.
  17. farhen

farhen Member

jimmy be like more dribble dribble dribble

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really like having a dick next to Harden though. Not my dick, but a dickish player on the Rockets. His dick.

19. fattz

fattz Member

The best employee is usually not the best manager. The effects of a leader depends on the ones lead. Not one person responds the same way to the same thing. Yes, simple commands can be followed by most, but to be inspired extrinsically varies from person to person. Some my like the leader while other are trying to sabotage their efforts.

PS a-hole or friend just win.

#239 fattz, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    kjayp likes this.
  20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I really hope so, man. I'm starting to wonder if Harden cares more about his stats than winning, his actions haven't looked like someone who cares about winning above all.