1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros New Manager and GM

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by SooneRockStro, Jan 13, 2020.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Didn’t know it was official

texans1095 likes this.
  2. K1TCH3NS

K1TCH3NS Member

3. Nook

Nook Member

Chris Speier.

Fiah likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh lord, no.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The least analytically driven manager on the most analytically driven franchise.

Oh boy Jim Crane has a horrible flight or fight response to adversity. Dude is ******** the bed horribly.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

They’ve been together for a million years. Literally. They are both over a million years old...

Nook likes this.
  7. raining threes

MLB hire

Thanks Manfred, please allow Crane to hire a better GM.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah well I was told Dusty wants to bring him with him. I know little about him.

raining threes likes this.
  9. raining threes

?

10. Nook

Nook Member

He didn’t have as much choice as some fans think. Not a huge fan of Baker in 2020 but the truth is, as long as he isn’t terrible with the staff; he doesn’t harm the Astros chances of a World Series title.

11. Nook

Nook Member

I know nothing about the man but that is who Baker would like to bring to the Astros.

12. Fiah

Fiah Member

Bakers bench coach of choice.

13. raining threes

He used to be a good defensive SS for the Giants back when I was a kid growing up. I didn't know he was connected to Dusty.

14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

We have each other and our mutual sports related spiral

RustyHarden likes this.
  15. msn

msn Member

Ya, because "time" magically "heals" broken bones and torn cartilage. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the circulatory system, lymphatic system, and all the incredible inner workings of our body. "Time" will heal it. #dumbsayingsaredumb

16. msn

msn Member

Wait, so not only do we not hire Espada, but we're kicking him to the curb for the new geriatric manager's favorite septuagenarian bench coach?

This just keeps getting better.

RustyHarden and htwnbandit like this.
  17. msn

msn Member

Geez this post comes off as rude. Apologies.

My point is, if someone has an injury the best thing isn't to lay around hoping for time to proverbially heal all wounds but to get off one's arse and get busy with treatment and rehab.

The Astros have a self-inflicted wound. Rather than passively hope it goes away in time while they back away from the system that's produced the greatest era in their history, the better treatment plan is:
    - Take responsibility and own their **** like men, regardless of how it plays or gets twisted by media or fans. Do what's right, come hell or high water.
    - Kick some serious ass. Right now. Win 102+. Destroy the Yankees in the postseason. And have fun doing it.

Winning doesn't cure all, but it sure does help.

RustyHarden and BMoney like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

@Nook What is Jim gonna do with all the brownie points coming his way? Is he gonna brag like Bob McNair? :D

The 29 other owners said we're close and on the right track and it's just...it's just so incredible to hear them say that!
    The 29 other owners, MLB and MLB media applaud this Dusty Baker hire! It's just...it's just so incredible to hear them say that! If they're pleased with the hire, we're pleased with the hire.

“I was just sort of overwhelmed by the comments that our competitors had to say about our team, because it had never happened before like this,” McNair said.

“The level of respect that they have for our team and how close they think we are to really being not just a good team but an outstanding team, it was nice to hear your peer group say that about you. So I just wanted the team to know how close not only we think they are, but how close our competitors think they are, to being an outstanding team.”

McNair was asked if all the positive remarks from other owners would have an effect on Texans coach Gary Kubiak’s future with the team.

“I think what it does, it’s sort of an affirmation that we’re on the right track,” McNair said.

Nook likes this.
  19. msn

msn Member

Pshhh. I don't want to be liked. I want to WIN.

20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Don't forget about Baker's history of epic post season choke jobs.