1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Westbrook Recently called out Harden for having the "worst attitude" on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

A player who yells at others to play defense and doesn't play defense does the same to another = recipe for disaster. Hope I'm wrong.

juanm34 likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@cyberx did the conversation go like this:

Harden: Bro, stop shooting threes, it depresses me.
    WB: You've just got a bad attittude.
    Harty: Can I shoot threes!
    Harden: No!
    House: Can I run sets like you?
    Harden: flck no
    PJ: Can I play less minutes?
    Harden: Do you want to get paid this summer?
    Capela: I got paid!
    Harden: [pats Capela on the head]
    Gordon: I'm not having fun right now
    Harden: stfu, go talk to Cayleigh or sumpin'
    Ben: Can I shoot more threes when you're bricking?
    Harden: For the last time, No!...you shoot Russ's threes
    WB: sigh. you've got the worst attitude on the team, bro​

Next 5 games...WB has only taken 2 threes.

progress!!

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If we couldnt/cant survive with Harden off the floor for a reasonable rest - then we might as well eat the L bc obviously we were/are not well equipped enough for a real championship run... A 1 man show wasnt/isnt going to win us a championship, so we might as well have tried to find some other sparks - cause if we didnt/dont its all moot anyway...

but when you gotta start making excuses for someone not to at least try to do their best in all facets of the game - its rationalizing... and its opposite extreme of the negative trolls... When any shortcoming is mentioned some use numbers as their argument against the concern (basically: "Well his offensive numbers and efficiencies are so exceptional that these other concerns are irrelevant" - or in other words 'this aspect of his game is so great that he can do no wrong...' ;)

My mentioning of turnovers was based on the previous record setting years... I never doubted that Harden could bring the number in line just a matter of when he chose to make it a priority and temper the risk vs reward...

Mentioning any potential area of improvement for Harden has to prefaced with something like "I realize harden is possibly the greatest offensive player to ever play the game... but I wish blah blah blah..."

yes, you did properly identify the only person I have blocked - and aint nobody on his level! lol!

IvanLCPM likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

CP3 did the same for the same amount of money. ;)

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha, who is known to rub ppl the wrong way? I think of butthurt fans than players.
    Many players can take a healthy dose of criticism without getting butthurt.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

Jk

Checks and balances

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Thanks cyber.
    We always appreciate it

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Well, kudos to Westbrook for having the stones, shows leadership but action speaks louder. Westbrook could use some get back on defense mentality too at times, but you know he will at least have the right attitude which is to work the hardest and not get on teammates like Harden does. When times get tough, in the clutch in particular, you can just see Westbrook has the attitude to turn the tide or push to get the lead while Harden seems to have the (over) confident attitude that the team will get it done and doesn't give that little extra. I don't think this will change things necessarily, but let's see.

hakeem94 and bj3175 like this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Good. Wes is being traded.

j/k ... Let's see if James shows up with a better attitude.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is why we needed Westbrook over CP3. CP3 super smart guy Harden could dismiss him but this is the first time in his career that he couldn't and he knows it. To me this is the crossroad moment. James to get the ultimate prize has to decide whether he wants to have just scoring titles or do what is necessary to win Championships.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Passive-aggressive is far from it. It's that I will jack up a three no-matter-what, let me just drive through the traffic is bothersome. Him being a little passive might be a good thing at times. This his averaging 40 thing is making him feel larger than the team I think.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Please make this a thread we need some humor around hear. Especially the Pat on Capelas head. Get some animation to this hilarious

BaselineFade, hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

No, he should call out clutchfans for being penny pinching with their brain usage

DeBeards likes this.
  14. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

dude…seriously you definitely stole the show
    Its highly appreciated that you could make a series of posts separately…in the same fashion, we would have more fun :cool: here

[​IMG]
    guess you are part time stand-up comedian

#114 DeBeards, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    No Chill Rocket and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I thought when the trade was made we could be better short term just because CP3 usually misses 25 games a year. I had no idea Westbrook wouldn't be playing back to backs at this point in the season. I am glad someone is holding Harden accountable, but lets see if it changes things or its just rumors and message board rumblings.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. rockets13champs

Getti Westbrook was good. It’s the only one who can keep harden in check

17. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I told you all in previous posts, James Harden plays when he wants to, offense and defense he has some issues.

Since the lost to Golden State he has just been going through the motions.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Jwise44 and Air Yordan like this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Westbrick plays somewhat defense....James on the other hand plays Olé defense, which would be ok if we had The Dream protecting the rim. But we have 7’9 PJ Tucker holding it down. Results in a easy layup 9-10 times. All we ask is a little effort-
    Thats all.

BaselineFade, jcmoon and Mazulis like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Some of you guys are excited about this and in a good way. Some of yall are excited about this...but in like a bad way. Its like this one post confirms every negative thing you've ever thought about Harden lol.