1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/27/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

guys always just tossing out the word “adjustments”...the way they talk, coaching sounds so easy anybody can do it, yet they’d probably get mopped by the local middle school coach...

just call timely timeouts, play 10 guys, yell out move the ball, and that’s it...they should send in their applications once MDA is probably let go this summer...arm chair coaching is a popular past time on here, so is being an arm chair GM while doing things like saying to trade Gordon even tho he can’t be traded this year or devising trade packages for AD centered around Clint Capela like the Pelicans would ever take that nonsense seriously...

D-rock, Remlap, Gray_Jay and 2 others like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

there you go... these are the last photos taken of him
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and heres where my cat found the rest of them doubters and haters
    [​IMG]

DeBeards and Remlap like this.
  4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Ingles/Gobert

Remlap likes this.
  5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I like the win. I like the ball movement and the bench proving they're actual NBA players.

I don't think this result is very repeatable though. Not really talking about Gordon's shooting either, though that has been mostly fantastic lately. They went to the line 49 times last night, with the Jazz only going 26 times. That's the most foul line shots in two years for the team. And it was two years between that game and the previous time they shot 49 times or more. As someone wrote in the thread, 'the refs actually called all the fouls committed against Houston tonight'. Think that'll happen again?

That said, W beats L, and it's nice to see MDA drawing up moves that confused the other team at both ends of the floor. Even played Tucker less than 35 minutes, go figure.

Let's continue to let Harden heal, see how WB fits into this new look Rockets, and continue to try and find a 4 for poor PJ.

B-Bob, ak99999, malakas and 2 others like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro....so this about timeouts and not shooting threes? This is the whole like, lack of adjustments thats all it boils down to. And playing the young guys(who were very very bad last night). When James Harden is struggling, what do you suggest we do? Bench him? This affecting our championship?

Im not attacking you bro, Im sorry if i came across that way, my fault. But its just....I've yet to see criticisms here that tangibly affects our success. Its all about a bunch of hypotheticals and lack of understanding people throw out there.

Remlap and hakeem94 like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

If I could like this twice I would.

Remlap likes this.
  8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Gobert has been weak defensively on the perimeter for years. We've consistently taken advantage of it. Whether it was Luc Mbah a Moute at center, or CP3 in the PnR or switch, or now playing House or Tucker at center we can always draw him out. Playing a traditional center plays right into their scheme. It feels like when they used to punish Yao with Okur or Boozer.

malakas likes this.
  9. JackLordsHair66

Id be willing to bet a million that had Harden played no way we get that many fouls called in our favor !

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More like the Dubs .... but Strength in Numbers rite?

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Comparing Pops, Riley and Jackson to Dumbtoni is like comparing Kobe (rip) to Carusso. Yeah they were both among the best bball players alive at one point. Yeah they were both Lakers at one point. Yeah they were both starting caliber players at one point. In the same all these people you mentioned are all NBA head coaches.

But the "coaching" Pops, Riley and Jackson do is def at a different league vs Dumbtoni. If all of them had the same talent and had a round robin vs each other pretty sure Dumbtoni would come out last and probably wouldnt even win 1 match. So your comparison doesnt really make sense cuz while all these coaches have their own system, MDA would get outcoached by the others in an actual game.

We all know Dumbtoni sucks at adjustments. People who pretend he's good are just lying to themselves. We all know he isnt exactly the most open minded guy, if he hates a dude he hates a dude aka Melo, Faried, Dwight etc. He doesnt seem to take the work to get to know his bench as well, guys like Clark, Clemons and Hartenstein glued to the bench when they could play. His PHX teams have always fallen short even when they were the most talented team at the time and his Rox teams has as well.

So all y'all Dumbtoni boosters gimme a break man, I havent seen a huge diff from MDA's coaching vs Mchale's. MDA just has a better system and better talent on the team but in terms of roster mgt and tactics the Rox players look as lost then as they do now. It's even more obvious now cuz the Rox roster doesnt have a clear 8 man rotation, the coach would actually need to use lesser known and equal level players and decide who among them could help at a given time. That's way too hard for Dumbtoni thats why his default is Tucker for every position.

#1053 roslolian, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Gordon alone, attempting over 15 shots, is teh Formula to a Championship.