1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 1/27/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2020.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I'm getting used to webpage stuck now and then, guess too many fan jumping on the bandwagon, after the win.
    the cf web server overloaded.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

MDA knows more about basketball than all of you, that is a fact. Raja Bell has literally called him an offensive genius.

Remlap, D-rock and Patience like this.
  3. Mattician

Mattician Member

Well that was surprising.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

House dunked on Gobert twice ... one in early 1st, too. I guess this Game Thread mostly didn't see it

The fastbreak miss after whistle happened. The other was a foul on his dunking forearm...and whistled. Like most all the other big misses (due to fouls)... like when he hurt himself.

D-rock, bro2044, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

After last night the Rockets have 4 players in the top 37 in ORPM

D-rock likes this.
  6. lionaire

lionaire Member

7. JW86

JW86 Member

Not a dunk on Gobert buddy ;) he stepped aside.

saleem likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

He's put in a system sure, but actually coaching during a game and playing his bench, not so much. Also he was a genius back then because it was all new, now that everyone has caught up and he's ridden Harden and Morey's non-layup & non-dunk twos strategy, so there's no genius there.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Inexplicable and improbable win. Wow. Thank you Rockets!

Now, build off of this!

DeBeards, joshuaao, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

DUde...all great teams need great players to win, you saying "Oh hes just riding Harden" has never meant crap. You guys dont even know what adjustments look like. Everyone thought the small ball(including yourself and me) would fail,it was great. Yea we stick to our game plan our offense serves us well, check our efficiency. Now go check our defense. No one here knows more about basketball on CFs my guy.

D-rock likes this.
  11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

So.....

Ingles is the worst flopper in the NBA today, correct?

D-rock likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lol this was also based on a 2-3 minute sample size

MDA is tired of being questioned on anything. You question why guys play hurt ... he deflects saying “I can’t hold guys out when they want to play.” .... you question why a young player doesn’t play and he also deflects .

I have no problem with him starting tucker and going small last game . But he also has some BAD (imo) tendencies like playing guys into the ground .

We saw Frazier last night ... I wonder how his development is handled going forward . Not that I think he’s a particularly great prospect , but you’d like to see him put in a position to succeed. He’s on a 2-way right now . So was Clemons .... we used chris a ton when he was on his two way , and now that we converted him he doesn’t get any PT. Same thing with Gary Clark last year ! We used him sparingly in the beginning , he looked good , we gave him a full contract , and then MDA benched his ass

I think MDA might be ****ing with the front office at this point .

Yeah his reasoning for not playing Hartenstein “well he didn’t play too great in the 2 minutes I gave him after a 5 game lay-off.” All MDA did was try to confirm his bias.

The fact that we won the game is great , but it’s nothing special . The jazz clearly weren’t prepared for a Russ , Clint , AND Jamesless rockets . We had some players play well and hit some shots ... the Jazz were a bit out of sorts and didn’t . We won .

But the part about the win that makes me feel bad is I knew we could win ... anyone who has been watching the nba for a while now knew there’s a chance . There’s always a chance , any ****ing game . So now that there is proof , this season, that we can win without relying on James and Russ ... even if it’s only 1 game .... maybe just maybe WE WONT ****ING PLAY OUR ROSTER INTO THE GROUND .

13. JackLordsHair66

I had to recheck the scores today to make sure I hadn’t hallucinated that win last night ... I think the Jazz were caught off guard a bit and we got literally every foul you could possibly ask to be called in our favor, plus Ego, Rivers, and even House were on fire, but the best thing was that defense, why can we not play defense like this when Harden, Russ, and Capela are on the floor ?? Makes no sense ... I figured we would get curb stomped, boy was I wrong and am glad that I was, but the way they played as a team last night was really great to watch even if short lived, because when Harden comes back that will change ... yes I know we go nowhere without Harden this, or any year, but his style of play has hurt us this month there is no denying that. Let’s hope the rest sees him revert to form and we make a push to climb the seeding in the West !

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ridiculous take.

EGo had a career night because of MDA system AND he was hitting his open shots. He had all the space in the world with small ball 5 out line up so he could succeed at things he does well - shoot 3's and drive to the rim.

MDA also called timeouts and pulled players quickly who affected spacing.

Played 9 players (for all the teeth gnashers that bemoan the short rotations) and beat the hottest team in the West with their 6th man, role players and G League bench. And they beat the fully loaded Jazz convincingly, this was no close game.

If you cannot see that then your hate has blinded you. Give credit where credit is due, pick another time to spew your ignorance and fury.

Rockets won and it took the efforts of the entire team, including the much maligned coach.

DeBeards, joshuaao and Remlap like this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the only explanation i can come up with regarding the 49-26 FT disparity...

UTA was getting too close to LAL in the standings and silver ordered the loss

16. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I have officially added "50-Burger" to my vernacular.

lionaire and D-rock like this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

Isn’t it crazy we look better coached on a night without 3 starters? And yes it means something. Every coach relies on their star player, but also put in a system of trust, makes adjustments and makes the calls when he sees his star player is struggling. When the team is struggling I’ve rarely seen timely timeouts and giving our guys instructions to change things. 0-27 was not the only time we’ve needed that.

So while I don’t doubt MDA has put in a system that allows us to win and deserves credit for last night, we haven’t seen it enough. Lack of trusting young guys is to me a sign of inability of MDA to adjust too. Going off on your role players and not your stars is also not the best sign for a great coach. But who am I? I guess less of a man than you given your attitude that we all don’t know.

18. Remlap

Remlap Member

I hope James and Russ were taking notes on how to properly run this system

[​IMG]

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Remlap

Remlap Member

Some new ones may have jumped on the bandwagon,
    but some of the haters haven't shown up. LOL

Say. . . . . anyone seen BasketMAD??

DeBeards, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

1. read cf's

Remlap likes this.