1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Liberal hack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 16, 2020.

1. adoo

adoo Member

this appears to be a political stunt by McSalley

she has been feeling the political heat;

while the uncontested Dem candidate, former astronaut Kelly, has raised ~ 15 M vs her ~ 7 M,

not only is she way behind in fund raising, she may even be primaried by another Repub​

A classless act by a former pilot from Az

A class act by a former pilot from Az
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...an_to_comment_on_every_comment_of_trumps.html

John McCain tells CNN's Manu Raju that he has better things to do than to endlessly comment on everything said by the president-elect,
    when asked about about Donald Trump's assertion that burning the American flag should be illegal.​

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is and it isn't a defense of anything McSally did and you have continued to do. It is merely pointing out that rather than admit the truth she chose this tactic.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I like how we are pretending that CNN isnt extemely biased.

B@ffled likes this.
  4. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Fighter pilot? LOL

She flew A-10s

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Didn't Joe Wilson's campaign donations go way up in the days following his "you lie!!" stunt?

And that was years before the stupidity of Palin/Tea Party/Trump washed over the GOP.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CNN are definitely biased but that has nothing to do with her not being able to answer a question about relevant issues and instead went for an ad hominem attack.

She ignored the relevant and nonpartisan question and instead went for a personal attack on the person bringing up the issue.

7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Isn't the answer obvious ....yes. Then again, I hold journalists to a standard that their reporting should be unbiased. So there's not really anyone left that I wouldn't call a hack.

What's up with all the #FAKEOUTRAGE about someone calling someone else a hack? She thinks he's a hack. If his reporting is biased (he does work for CNN), then I'd consider him a hack too. Period. Given that I haven't taken the time to look up any of his articles, I'm not in a position to make that judgement. But if you work for either Fox News or CNN, then my bullsh!t radar is up and you almost have to prove to me that you aren't a hack. Hopefully, by some unbiased journalism....that would really be refreshing this day and age.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Conant worked as media strategist for marco rubio, and worked for the political campaigns of jodi ernst and tim pawlenti.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i like how trumpublicans think that anyone who is not up trumps ass is a liberal hack. who is more biased in your mind, fox or cnn?

also, if cnn is so biased then why do they have so many trump suck-ups on their payroll and on their shows every night? they give plenty of airtime for trumps sycophants to spew their garbage. their network would actually be a lot more credible if they didnt give so much airtime to political hacks (on both sides).

AleksandarN and jiggyfly like this.
  11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

He's a hack....the lady said so....lol.

Astrodome likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok and?

What does that have to do with the question asked?

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can understand how you feel about CNN but why play the association game?

Can you point out things that he has personally done to call him a hack?

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I base the validity of a question from the question itself. For example, if a left wing journalist went up to her and did some massive framing on a question that was extremely biased against the politician, sure I guess Mcsally's response is within bounds but even then I expect a sharp witted politician who has a deep understanding of the subject matter brought up could eloquently in a quick manner explain how the journalist framed the question in a biased manner.

But here, the question asked was a reasonable question any reporter should be able to ask a politician. If this is what she resorted to, it just shows me that she doesn't have a strong case because I would imagine if I was in her shoes and had a strong case that could eloquently answers that question with some nuance that supports my party's actions, I would much rather do that than say "you're a right wing hack".

Let's be frank here, What you are promoting here is politicians determining what entity is a "hack" which is a subjective call allowing them to refuse answering questions to the press. You are promoting allowing politicians to dodge answering to the public because politicians will always weaponize any tactic they can. And it's obvious from Sally's actions and how you responded, as there are many others with your shared opinion, is weaponizing the general public's distrust of the media to not be ever be held accountable.

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

because all he did was ask a perfectly legitimate question. its a thoughtless, low-energy, childish response from a united states senator and her constituents should expect better than that.

again, all he did was ask a legitimate question. the hacks are the ones who are not only defending mcsalley, but seem to enjoy it.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Fox news employs juan williams and marie harf and both are on air daily. I appreciate their perspective. Who does CNN employ that is comparable? Not saying they dont, but i watch MSNBC more than CNN currently. Fox also brings on liberal guests daily.

18. fchowd0311

Yup there are Fox journalists on the field that are not hacks also.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Even if true, what does this have to do with anything? It was an honest question, nothing "gotcha!' about it, not shouted.

Funny how you never mention anything about FOX state-run TV:

Hannity: "You don't need to see his identification."
    FOX viewers (mostly old, some middle-aged, almost all white) "We don't need to see his identification."
    Hannity: "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
    FOX viewers: "These aren't the droids we're looking for."
    Hannity: "He can go on about his business."
    FOX viewers: "He can go on about his business."

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/business/media/sarah-isgur-flores-cnn.html
    David Urban
    Cory Lewindoksi.