1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hinch and Lunhow FIRED

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Air Yordan, Jan 13, 2020.

1. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Thinking back to the greatest game ever, game 5 2017 ws, kind of sucks that it's tainted

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Well, there you have it, now that Beltran is out, I believe that should be all the "guys" associated with the scandal...Let's just move forward, nothing to see here...

3. Beezy

Beezy Member

Lots of stuff out there on social media about how well the Red Sox handled the situation and how classy the fans are compared to the Astros. Astros are the only team that are going to be smeared once this is all said and done.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

No one likes Luhnow as a person. Everything relates to the Astros front office is very cutthroat wall street type of business model, my way or the highway, every extraneous employee fired, evaluations that lead to almost drafting Luke Hemlich and trading for Osuna as arbitrage opportunities. Even the analytics people have been leaving in recent years. It's a successful front office but it certainly isnt a friendly one.

5. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I get all of this and ain’t saying it isn’t true

but it’s horse poop that the Yankees were basically celebrated for pulling off the Chapman trade, people said how smart they were to buy him cheap......and then the Osuna trade is used as an example of how bad of a person Luhnow is

No Worries and RustyHarden like this.
  6. meh

meh Contributing Member

When did anyone praise the Yankees for trading for Chapman and then signing him again? I know the Cubs were definitely blasted when they traded for Chapman. There were Cubs fans that donated to charity in order to lessen their guilt of needing Chapman to help them win the WS.

And this isnt an isolated incident with the Astros. They do this type of stuff all the time. It works, but it doesnt make you friends

7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

the ESPN and MLB Network guys were praising the Yankees deal for Chapman immediately, I listen to Mlb on XM every morning and have for years. All they wanted to say was how smart they were for buying low

Them trading him to the cubs and then resigning him was, in fact, very smart on their part

And I’m not one of the ones who thinks Houston teams always get a bad rap from the media, I just find it funny how differently the media treated them trading for Chapman as opposed to Luhnow getting Osuna cheap

DoitDickau, BigShasta and RustyHarden like this.
  8. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I've come to the conclusion that people in general aren't capable of discernible thoughts revolving anything that disrupts their sense of reality. NOBODY ****ing pricked or prodded issues that affected the GOAT teams who've they banked on for articles & stories

9. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Oh well, atleast the Dodgers didn't get a ring lol

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'm actually (mostly) over all of this.

What do people love more than building you up? Tearing you down.

So stealing signs is ok in baseball, so long as you don't use technology.?
    You're gonna hate us for being tech savvy??:D.......but we relayed the data old school via trash can beating and whistling.;)

So cheating is ok as long as you just use the naked eye. Well, this is the 21st Century and you expect people/organizations not to use technology- not realistic. Jk

In the end we proved that cheaters do win, Amirite??? Jk

Every MLB team cheats- we just got ratted out by Mike fuking Fiers. That fuker needs to give back his ring.

I hope people rat out other teams. Force the MLB to come down on other teams. *** it. *** em all.

#310 Tfor3, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

... this is what the media told you.

Luhnow is not universally hated by every single person. If anything, people expect him to be a certain way thanks to the media image portrayal... and they are shockingly humbled when they actually sit down and meet him.