1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to Hate the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

BAN HIM! BAN HIM! BAN HIM!

Patience, Nook and deb4rockets like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Reeko, Patience, Nook and 2 others like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

#1 James Harden does not play well after rest days. The numbers are striking and he has said as much, it effects his shot. Couple that with heavy minutes the night before and travel, it isn't surprising that they lost. With normal Harden and Gordon there is a good chance they win that game. Capela is banged up as well. Also the Thunder have been a good team this year.

#2 The Rockets don't run a gimmick defense and it isn't to keep Harden from being exposed. Also Harden has been a better defender than the starting PG and SF.

The Rockets are 7-3 in their last 10. Better than the Lakers and Nuggets and Clippers and Mavericks. Better than everyone in the West except the 8-2 Jazz AND the 8-2 Thunder.

The Rockets are 1 game from the #2 seed.

I had the Rockets pegged for 48-50 wins and so far they are above that pace. They have been playing better and Gordon is back.... they will make a move for rotation help at the deadline so lets see what happens.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Me too!!!!

D-rock likes this.
  5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

c'mon now his kind of thing that we need to stop. Yesterday was a shameful effort by the team. Its a time for accountability not jumping off the bridge. There is some discontent and lack of discipline and focus on our team. All of this is correctable and by the way every team has challenges this is ours. The guys need to look in the mirror and fix it

6. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

You are right, but it's not hard to understand the critics. Between injuries and load management, we don't really know what team we are and our set rotation. We just waived a guy that played minutes 2 weeks ago. Sometimes BenMac is playing as the 6th man, earlier this year was Austin.
    Defence is worse than bad, yesterday we were a joke from 1 to 5.
    And the real bad part yesterday was not even the point differential, but the quality of play. Ferguson did an amazing job on Harden and we don't have any other option. James and D'Antoni reluctance to have a traditional playbook, even small for nights like this it's hard to even explain after so many years of losing this way

Rockets have became so Harden centric, we have accepted a System that helps him to reach an historic level while hurting development and opportunities for others. We don't have a plan B for nights like this.

And let's also talk about the lack of chemistry development between Russ and the rest of the team. Again, you may be right in the big picture, but let's not act like these feedback comes out of nowhere because it does not. There are reasons to be worried and if you look at the contenders, there are even reasons to be sad and convinced we are living the last year of an era.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What does this have to do with Hong Kong

D-rock likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hate is too strong a word, use it wisely and less frequently!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The most concerning aspect you two didn't mention is discipline.

They can't or won't play 4 quarters equally well, they normally play 2 good quarters, one mediocre and one bad one.

They let one of the worst team, the Hawks come back within striking distance.
    They also had problems against Nola, GSW, the Nets, Detroit, Sacramento, Spurs, Mavs, Washington and even young Memphis when they weren't that hot.
    And now OKC.

They played the Clips well, I give them that.
    One of the most confounding, inconsistent, undisciplined contenders out there.

#49 daywalker02, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    BaselineFade and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We have played every contender well. Raptors at full strength, Denver, 76ers, Bucks

Patience, D-rock and Nook like this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

See you around

D-rock likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

That is the case with the NBA in general. It isn’t unique to the Rockets. Also when you are an average defensive team inconsistency happens. Improve the defensive personnel and you will see more consistency.

Reeko, slothy420 and Patience like this.
  13. macan

macan Member

Clutchfans is the most exciting place to be in after a Rockets loss

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I love my Rockets like I love my son whose dream is to get paid to make Mukbang videos on YouTube. :/

harold bingo likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In 2017-2018 the discipline was much better, Chris, Luc and those guys ensured it.

So dun give me that, give me just better personnel.

Those were special, smart players you cannot just get on the market every year.

For some of those players, it were their last years of relevance, Chris has just declined a little bit, got more injury prone than ever.

Special timing I guess.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Uhhh you just admitted it is personnel related.

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans certainly enhances MY enjoyment of every game :D

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A major fear of fatherhood for me is having my son/daughter tell me that they want to be a youtuber or a twitch streamer. How would you feel if he succeeds? What if he wants to drop out of school because he's making your annual salary every month by recording himself eating the entire menu from Taco Bell in one sitting? These are strange times. The internet was a mistake.

dc rock likes this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Is there an 'I have grown to hate' I have grown to hate threads???

burlesk likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You got to lossen up Harold, and give thanks if that ever happens.

Just make sure he goes to the gym regularly and enjoy the extra cheddar.