1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Supporters (or anyone): Is Character Important?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jayzers_100, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I’ll play devil’s advocate and say the economy has done well under Trump...we need not get into why or assume that the economy would’ve done just as well under someone else. For argument’s sake, let’s assume our climate will be just fine and we won’t enter into another war during a Trump presidency.

All politics aside, how can Trump’s behavior be excused? The constant ridicule of others, forcing a doctor to say “Trump is the healthiest president of all time”, sending hundreds of tweets in the middle of the night to defend himself, referring to others using childish nicknames like “Shifty Schif, Crooked Hillary, Little Mike (Bloomberg)” etc. telling a young girl she has anger issues? Telling members of congress to go back where they came from?

I could go on for days. I DON’T CARE that he’s republican or hates democrats. I’m not salty that his politics don’t line up with mine. I’m a state attorney and if I went into court and acted even remotely similar to how Trump conducts himself I would be unemployed by the end of the week. If a CEO displayed such volatile behavior, stocks would plummet and they would be removed. An elementary schoolteacher would be fired if they acted like trump.

so tell me: based on attitude/temperament alone, how can Trump possibly be fit for the office he holds?

#1 Jayzers_100, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I just want to see the reaction from the left if he does win the 2020 election

BigDog63, Astrodome and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

4. Roc Paint

I’ve got character coming out of my ass

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, it is everything.

You can't put a guy who FRAUDS charities into the Whitehouse, he only cares about lining his own pockets, and not the rule of law.

Trump has no integrity and if you support him neither do you.

DD

edwardc and deb4rockets like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Your character is really shitty.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. Roc Paint

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Seems to be the primary motive of most Trump supporters I know in real life.

They determine whom should manage the world's largest bureaucracy and command the world's most powerful military by chosing the guy who pisses of people they don't like the most.

Seems like a method that might lead to some civil strife.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Have you seen what his opponents have called him?

Second, what type of dipshit would care about decorum over the economy?

ktex likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

A life long grifter who skirts the law his entire life?

I don't know. All I know is presidents get called names all the time. Usually we have presidents that have the emotional maturity to know how to ignore the white noise.

Do you think Obama gave two ***** what Ted Nugent said about him? Do you ever see him tweet about it? Do you think Bush Jr gave two ***** what the Dixie Chicks say about him? Trump not only lashes back at political actors who criticize him but also private citizens who are non political actors because he is very thinned skinned and believes that his banter against the "leftists" is more important than reading intelligence briefings, understanding healthcare policy in nuanced detail etc. Presidents before Trump understood that that type of banter was beneath them. They also understood the influence and power of their words and wouldn't nonchalantly throw out terms like "deep state coup" or "enemy of the people" which can rile up a cult like base to do bad things when things don't go in favor of the president. He is creating instability in political discourse in this country. He is doing in spades what racist conservatives accused Obama of doing, dividing the nation.

The show is more important to Trump than understanding the polices he advocates for. It's a different style of leadership, the type you expect from a grade schooler.

We can have a entirely separate debate about the economy also and how we are seeing consumer debt levels that have exceeded the levels witnessed right before the 2008 crash along with one trillion dollars deficits when in theory 3+% GDP growth would entail more tax revenue, less people on unemployment etc which leads to deficits shrinking but the exact opposite is occuring.

Your framing tries to paint this as mere "decorum". Ofcouse by your framing, a president who can be quirky and untraditional is far less important than the economy. But that's why your framing is in bad faith. his quirkiness and unconventionalness is only part of the story. That isn't why he is dangerous. He's dangerous because he labels criticism of him as "enemy of the people". He claims there is an active coup in the US government. He makes up false claims of religious minorites celebrating terrorist attacks in American cities. So on and so forth. That isn't a "lack of decorum". What he is doing is splintering the nation.

#11 fchowd0311, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  12. fchowd0311

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's very likely to get reelected but if he loses the Senate it really doesn't matter. That's the best possible outcome IMO. Stop the rampant appointment of judges from him, stop any possible supreme court nominations, and look very very closely at any cabinet level positions. Dems should and I would encourage them to pull a Boehner and stop everything he attempts to do. Yes, I would enjoy that more than Dems winning the presidency and it's the most effective way to halt his worst impulses and Make America Great Again!

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The ones that voted to impeach Clinton? Now that the shoe is on the other foot it's a whole different game. Talk about hypocrisy...

15. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Trump supporters in the years before Trump would tell you character is important

Post Trump it doesn't matter

God sends imperfect people to do his bidding

When he's gone, character will be important again if the left wins

BaselineFade, BigM, superfob and 4 others like this.
  16. fchowd0311

Perfect example of a cult of personality. Individuals in the cult shift their principles and ideology to fit the cult leader.

Though I would say this argument only applies to the 50+ year old demo of Trump supporters. The millennial Trump supporters are the type that embrace the **** talking. It's a feature for them because they were raised poo flinging on the internet (yes me included). To them it's a game. Their desire to "own the libs" in the realm of the internet turns into a tangible desire to support someone tasked to manage the world's largest bureaucracy and be as symbolic leader to a nation to lead from a standpoint of owning "the libs and globalists" which from a presidential standpoint is deviststing because the president is charged with being a president for all Americans, not just the ones that support him.

17. Roc Paint

quote me all you want b****es

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Are you saying Clinton was impeached for lack of decorum?

Try three years of Dems Senators and Congressman falsely calling him a traitor and Russian puppet.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What kind of selfish ******* only cares about his own pocket over the good of the country.

The President literally has NOTHING to do with the economy - but so few people are aware of that.

DD

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

Never forget tan suit Obama.

TheFreak likes this.