1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only the Rockets and the Kings .....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He gets a lot of regular season wins, hell I want another championship banner.

jsingles and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Kevin Durant has a TV show?

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Isn’t Hartenstein playing well we he does get mins? I’m not watching as religiously as I used to but that seems to be the consensus on the board. On the back of a back to back why in gods name would MDA not give him some run?

this team is going nowhere.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

Who has the final say on who plays and who doesn’t? Dantoni or Morey?

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah lots of questionable decisions by MDA. I don’t get why he likes the small ball lineups. It’s not working. I don’t have stats I just have the ol eye test and it’s not working. Without a big teams are slicing the lane and poor PJ is defending big dudes and playing huge minutes. I don’t understand why hartenstein or even chandler doesn’t get more playing time. These guys literally play 3 minutes on some nights as a breather for PJ or clint. Just really odd decisions. I think hart can play of given more consistency in playing time. Seems like he did good things when he started or played. But one thing I have seen is he misses defensive assignments, fouls. Lot and needs to increase awareness on defense. Crazy as it sounds I thought the faried capela lineups last year were effective in rebounding and defending. Not sure why they let faried go. He wasn’t best defender but he was a big body who clogged lanes and brought energy and instant offense.

6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

The dude is a genius, right? "Let me play my key players to the ground and then wonder why the defense falls apart in 4th quarters and the legs get tired in other games." His excuses seem to be convincing for the idiot front office though.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree with you. Clemons, Hartenstein and Clark are all playing better.with a little playing time. More minutes
    results in improved consistency. Clark didn’t play so well last night imo but was a plus 4. Clemons a plus 6.
    (Side note: Rivers a plus 9. Everyone else was a minus: Capela -6....others -10 or greater)

I disagree on the team going nowhere though. Harden is all-world, **Westbrook looks healthier now since knee
    surgery and getting better, Eric Gordon will help fill the rotation as far as perimeter role players go.

Watching M Morris last night makes me hope for that type of 3-4 position combo player by the
    trading deadline. Rockets won’t matchup well with AD; but if the Rockets could hold LeBron, Kawhi
    and Paul George to under 26 points a game (each).....then I think we have a good shot. AD can go
    for 40 points and the Rockets still be victorious.

**Harden gets doubled, Westbrook droves to basket (looking real good now). Earlier in season teams left Westbrook open at the 3 and he missed many a three point shot. Team is gelling as the season goes on.

*Yes i know LeBron is on a different team than Kawhi/PG. Keeping them under 26 points in order for the Rockets
    winning the series (vs each team) remains the same. IMHO.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

There are players who have proven to be useful time and time again on out bench. But it's irrelevant anyway this guys gone after the year thank God

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

PJ Tucker is a high risk candidate for injury because of minutes and fatigue.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and diet

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Someone has to be on Servant's level.

12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

MDA has trust issues and I can see it costing him his job. I thought that he would definitely be back next season but I’m thinking that’s less likely after every game I watch.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

This shouldn’t be the last time I see the Rockets and kings in the same sentence

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

GMs do not build benches. . . . . COACHES DO!!!
    GMs buys the groceries. . .. . . . Coaches have to cook the meal!

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

What if the groceries are old and past their expiration dates. What if coach/chef has fruit that has ripened yet. The meal may not turn out so well.

#35 BaselineFade, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.
    But I need to see that the fruit has is green and unripen . . .some can be ripened.

Rocket River

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Me too.

I don't see it working with MDA - it almost did though... we can hope! Championship or bust for him this year. Someone else gets a shot next year. At least we have a window open I suppose

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, yall are really gonna get a rude awakening once Mike is not the coach anymore, its gonna be real funny. You guys remember all the "good games" the guys had in limited minutes and never the bad games they have. Then you complain about them not being in the rotation being the reason we lose, like its why we lose the games in the first place or its why we lose in the playoffs or something...when thats not true at all.

Sheesh man, its not even like reasonable discourse, its just trying to put blame onto Dantoni when we lose, lol like these "adjustments" you guys think do or dont happen when you cant even percieve half the stuff that is happening on the court is hilarious too.

Nook, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.