1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[clutch conspiracy] Are officials punishing the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 13, 2019.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

My baseless theory is that the league/refs are firing a serious warning shot at the Rockets. They are telling us to shut the hell up. The publicized reports, the complaining about unfairness, and the "tweet" embarrassed the NBA. No one likes being publicly called out repeatedly. Harden's sudden dip in free throws is a silent warning. NBA Refs have long memories and have always held grudges. Refs being "disciplined" for the dunk mishap couldn't have gone over well with their union considering it was the Rockets and Morey pushing the issue.

The NBA defended Harden when everyone called his step back a travel. Harden continued to get calls from the refs regardless of how much the masses complained about it. Now the NBA has said f-it. Since you guys want to call us out at every turn, let's see if your math can survive if we eliminate a certain # of free throws for the team and especially Harden.

I hope that this doesn't last all season but it might. I don't know if this helps toughen them up for the playoffs as others have suggested, but I hope it does. I'm looking for any silver lining. But if the league really wants payback what better way to serve it up than in the playoffs? I think it could get worse in the postseason. Payback is a b****.

RocketsFido, D-rock and pippsux like this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

What are the refs going to do? Lower the Playoff free throw rate of Harden even more? He already has the biggest ref disparity in the entire league from regular season to playoffs.

malakas, D-rock, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

If any other team had Harden, we’d be complaining too. Sucks when you’re the most unguardable player in the NBA and is effective at keeping his team competing at high level throughout his career people automatically gonna hate. That hasn’t changed ever.

D-rock likes this.
  4. smp

smp Member

This is the one positive thing from them swallowing their whistles right now. It won’t be a big surprise in the playoffs.

It sucks. A foul should be a foul but there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Just like illegal D the Sonics used to play.

D-rock likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

In the Cleveland game when they went back and took off 3 points from Tucker 5 minutes later, that was a direct flexing of muscles at the Rockets.

"We will apply the rules whenever and however we please."

#85 napalm06, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    plee, pippsux, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. He will get even less calls. The whole team.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It seems to me that teams are purposely trying to avoid fouling him. This has given him more open looks at the basket (hence the back to back 50 point games). There were some missed calls in the last game, but that’s nothing new. Even when Harden was getting 15-20 FTs a game there were a number of questionable no-calls.

Sajan likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

The officials “report” by the Rockets to the league office is leaked by the Rockets...the league has to take it serious but at the end of the day let’s everyone know they pick who officiates...

The Nene contract..... not upheld, not voided but modified to be fully guaranteed..... league sends a message to Daryl Morey.....

The Daryl Morey tweet on Hong Kong. Ultimately Silver stands behind Morey but it caused issues.... I’m sure the league expected the Rockets to go low profile.

The Rockets Protest an obvious basket... they go public with it, potentially setting precedent... the league says we messed up but too bad....

Morey and the Rockets are a thorn in the side of Adam Silver. When the Rockets made protests quietly nothing changed (including complaints in earlier playoff rounds). When Morey leaked it to the media... it didn’t change. Morey needs to stop.

This doesn’t even cover his complaints about the aborted Gasol to Houston trades (public and private... mostly private to the league).

To some degree I am sure the league connects Hinkie to Morey as well.

Look at Cuban... he learned to shut his mouth after the league made it clear his team would be punished.... Some day JVG will say what the league told him when he complained about the officials with the Rockets. They met with him and he never complained again.

joshuaao, malakas, smp and 4 others like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

The league sent a message with Harden getting zero free throws in the first half.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think it is pretty clear the Rockets need to shut their mouths. Cuban is a good example. He used to talk ALL THE TIME...but he has gone SERIOUSLY low profile. Especially after that damning #MeToo story.

Rockets internally just need to worry about adding talent and coaching to their team.

D-rock, Nook and BaselineFade like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

imo it was a hopeless situation even before morey opened his mouth. harden has been problem #1 for silver in the west in terms of threatening his script for the 3rd/4th rounds of the playoffs. morey could literally kiss silver's ass on Inside the NBA and it wouldn't make any difference. silver is still going to aim to max out his revenue #'s no matter how we behave. so might as well blow up his world w/ leaks every week

francis 4 prez and Richie_Rich like this.
  12. pippsux

pippsux Member

And a T, you forgot the T..... It was a stfu T.

Deuce, D-rock and Nook like this.
  13. pippsux

pippsux Member

I'm not surprised, from the get go I told y'all Morey's tweet was gonna make us "enemy no. 1". It was the straw that broke the camels back.

Surprised it took y'all this long to see this.
    This team has to play through it, but I don't see it.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Just to be clear. I do not blame Morey for finally drafting a report during the Warriors series. We were repeatedly screwed and going to the league office did nothing. I don’t even blame him for the Nene contract or the appeal of the Spurs game.

I do however believe that the league office has made it very clear that nothing is going to pressure them to act differently. At this point Morey and the owner need to take a page out Cuban’s book and Try diplomacy. Cuban knows the league is corrupt and feels the same way he did 15 years ago... he just knows he will get closer to what he wants by kissing ass.

Deuce and J Sizzle like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

"If you shut up, the rape won't be so bad. If you continue to speak out, the rape will be unbearable! Either way, we're gonna continue to rape you and not give you any calls so just bend over & take it!"

Yeah, pls don't shut up Rockets.Continue to call out & expose the corrupt NBA.

LOL @ "If the Rockets just kiss the NBA's ass, ESPN's ass, TNT's ass and be a good little soldier, they'll kiss the Rockets ass in return and the Rockets will suddenly be liked, get calls, and Harden/Morey/Tilman won't be mocked."

[​IMG][​IMG]

Handles, Blurr#7, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  16. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

J.R. likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So basically . . .. the admission here is
    The league is WWNBA . . . there is not fair
    Everything is rigged

Bohica . ... because the NBA is a business and it runs best when The hand picked teams are winning
    so the NBA will continue to hand pick the teams and narratives
    If your team is not one of those team .. . just sit down . .shut up and watch hulk Hogan beat Andre the Giant
    just enjoy your team be fodder and enjoy the undercards
    until its your team's turn .. . .if it gets a turn

Rocket River

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets out here getting raped by no-calls, players landing under their star, made baskets not being counted, points randomly being taken off the board and they're supposed to stay quiet, bend over and take it.

[​IMG]

Blurr#7 and Air Yordan like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Life isn't always fair desperate housewives GIF-source.gif

J Sizzle likes this.
  20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Taking away a 3 after several minutes because of an out of bounds already happened this year in Brooklyn (they got Harden).

Of course it's ridiculous that they apparently could not simply add the points against the Spurs from the replay center (they could, they just chose not to).