1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ask Me Anything (Except Math Questions)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rimrocker, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

@rimrocker What the hell do you do for a living that makes you come here and act so boss with a thread like this? ;)

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did the government preserve Einstein's brain somehow after he died?

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I don't know that you could make a dramatic change unless you were king, and I would never want to be a king. Nothing of great magnitude happens in DC until the country is ready. So, I would have a few goals to work towards:

The first is creating a path for climate change adaptation and mitigation. It will soon affect everything and the ability to get something done is dependent on so many of our broken and archaic structures. Most of our laws and agencies were created for a world that no longer exists. We need to honestly evaluate the old assumptions along with our current assumptions to see what is still viable. Any new system we put in place must be able to change and adapt to unforeseen dynamics while still staying true to democratic principles. A tough order that will take honest conversation. Also, the one thing no politician will talk about but we must start considering is what areas will we let go and how do we make those decisions in a democracy set up along fed/state/local lines?

Restablishing democratic norms and structures. So much of democracy is dependent on the good intentions of everyone.When that starts to break down, bad things start to happen.

Restablish traditional international relationships. I'm not one for blowing up the post-war order without any thought, consultation, or coordination as to what would replace it. I'm sure not in favor of blowing things up in a way the Russia is the main beneficiary. Use those relationships to hold Russia accountable.

Rebuilding good decision-making processes throughout the government, but especially in State, intelligence, and Homeland Security.

Start the amendment process to change the Constitution so that a president can't pardon themselves or anyone involved in a current investigation into the president and to better define emoluments and what that means for self-dealing from the White House. We probably need one that allows us to call an emergency election if the previous one was crooked, but that would have to written with extreme care. There are likely others that we'll need because we now have to codify some of those democratic norms and practices that used to be accepted by all.

I'd also do everything I could to bring every bit of law enforcement I could down on Nazis. I hate Nazis and they are a danger to this country.

Finally, I'd have a long talk with the NBA about certain peculiarities that have drawn the interest of this board over the past few years.

Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You ever fart so good, you just sit back and have all your life worries just go away?

rimrocker 2020

FrontRunner likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

BigM likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You earned every bit of that like...but still wondering about that last question I asked?

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Do you still suffer from Peyronie’s disease, or have you got that straightened out?

9. PhiSlammaJamma

10. rimrocker

It's kind of cool. I dig the helicopters more though. You don't want to be directly under either one though.

11. rimrocker

I'm retired, but not completely. Just enough to not care anymore. Now, get off my lawn you punks.

12. rimrocker

Yes, and they've done it with a special technology that they have used to preserve other great minds too. It's called books. Thanks Johannes!

FrontRunner, Deckard and donkeypunch like this.
  13. rimrocker

The best ones are the long, drawn out silent ones where you can affect a whole grocery store aisle. I live for those. They bring me joy.

donkeypunch likes this.
  14. rimrocker

Chewbacca had his shot off at the Battle of Macho Grande, but Wookies have a special pouch that they keep it in, sort of like a kangaroo. When needed, they just unroll.

15. rimrocker

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. rimrocker

I'm so big I had to bend it so as not to scare chicks away. I've also quit beating my wife.

17. rimrocker

A most excellent game played with dominoes. What makes it really fun is watching old men get upset when a youngster beats them.

18. rimrocker

Now answered. Patience Grasshopper.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Since you are nearing retirement, would you be the old man getting upset that a youngster beat you at 42?

20. rimrocker

I only play at family reunions, where I am still a youngster.