1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Maybe, Just Maybe, Bill O’Brien knows what he is doing.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

One good game of play calling followed by two bad ones. Then another good one against the Pats, and now another clunker. I expect next game against the Titans to also suck. Then we will beat the Bucs, to set up that all important final game to either be 10-6 and win the division or 9-7 and lose it.

juanm34 likes this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

No he doesn't.

juanm34 likes this.
  3. Texanstradamus

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bill O’Brien somewhere eating tacos...

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He thinks he knows everything, which is why he'll never learn

Houstunna and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I wish O’Brien knew how to resign................

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Amazing. Where was these responses after the Colts and Pats games?

Yeah...y’all shut up after wins.

O’Brien will succeed or fail on his own. No need to whine about it.

Last 3 games will show alot.

8. DCRocket

DCRocket Member

lol it’s not even about whining. This franchise is a joke. BoB is a joke. I’ve accepted the insane level of mediocrity that has somehow convinced some that this is a good product. I don’t expect any level of actual, measurable success from this franchise. We are going to get romped in the playoffs, because that’s all we are good for. Meanwhile, let’s please continue to waste the prime of every notable player on this team. BoB needs to go back to wherever he came from. He’s a good guy. But he’s an awful NFL head coach. I pray he gets picked up when he gets fired so we are not on the hook for his buyout. Let him dupe some other franchise. This guy is the 2nd coming of Hue Jackson

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  9. vonbock

vonbock Member

I was going to respond after pats game that was a terrible win. Pats had the flu and their offense was terrible. I was going to post but I was vacation. I do apologize.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

No one said they would never win a game. Just that they are a team with a "win now" strategy when they are nowhere close to contending

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

See...that's the thing. This is not win now. Only people who hate O'Brien think that. Again...giving up THREE picks...basically, (the 3rd rounders are being replaced) is not mortgaging the future. Giving up 1st round picks that are likely between 22-32 and getting your LT for probably a good 6-7 years atleast, another WR....is smart. Go back and look at the bust in picks 20-32 for the last decade. You are so hung up on those picks when the offense line is probably fixed (give them an actually offseason together....with Tytus back). Except for Hyde, every play acquired by O'Brien has at least another year on their contract. That is not win now...it is smart business.

12. vonbock

vonbock Member

I agree, if you are 1 pitcher away like the Astros in 2017 then I would trade to get that 1 pitcher to win now. If you are not even close, why would you gut your future for 1 player and you wind up with with worse record than the year before. Plus no future draft picks. You trade to get better. not worse.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Yes it is mortgaging the future. Two firsts, a second and a third. Plus Watson and tunsil have to be extended soon. And many other free agents upcoming.

Horrible asset management. I don't know how Morey and lunhow fans can think otherwise

14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I’m down to blame BOB overall, but damn, that defense was so bad. Watson and Tunsil also sucked.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Has Scarface ever actually presented an argument or anything salient about why Obrien should be coach? It's really easy to fill pages of a forum just taking the opposite stance of other people. I hope the embarrasment is flowing.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well...BO’B escaped again with his job, thanks to Deshaun.

I was rendering judgement before the end of the season (game).

Needed to be fired for that first half.

Texans scored 22 points in the 2nd half and OT on a defense giving up 16.2 points a game this season.

It is FRUSTRATING to see this offense struggle in the 1st half of games.

18. Mr. Space City

Bob stay making his defenders look stupid

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

**** BoB apologists.

20. Mr. Clutch

Can't wait for the draft!

Who should we take in the first round?