1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Your claim of me praising reich as a great coach who only makes great decision was all bs/made up. Theres more but im not gonna humor u

Sooty and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

"Not good" is an understatement even before considering he's had more roster power than most coaches.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

No more excuses. And I don’t wanna hear crap about last week. Broncos no name QB beating us by 30 at halftime. Disgusting.

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said in game thread. This team not making playoffs could be beneficial. That's the only way this joke of an organization would feel compelled to fire buttchin and his regime.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Today's game is why u shouldn't knee jerk, bud and believe in our mediocre coach . He will always disappoint us somehow even after a great game against the Pats.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It is once again time to fire Bob O'Brien?

J.R. likes this.
  7. AstrosRockets1818

Naw we should just fire the GM.

8. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Fire the SOB BOB

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm willing to forfeit the playoffs for Bobster's departure.

Easily

10. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Yeah it’s been that time for a long time. It’s long overdue

juanm34 likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's actually worse than you think.

Look at how short Cam Newton's prime was. DeShaun Watson is always a play away from permanent destruction.

His prime is now and the clock is ticking down, and it's BOB at the controls.

That should scare Watson to death

12. DCRocket

DCRocket Member

Yes. We absolutely should fire BoB. How is this even a question?

13. Texanstradamus

He should have been gone idc about the pats and chiefs wins we won’t even be able to use the tiebreakers anyway

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The coach and the GM.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Make no mistake, we are gonna win this division. Then they will be able to sell beating the Titans as a major accomplishment. Lower goals then meet them, that's how they get you if you aren't too bright.

Back to back 10 win seasons is basically equal to a super bowl for our ownership, that bought him a few more years. If we somehow actually advance to the AFC championship game he will be crowned coach for life.

This is Texans football, everybody should be used to it by now. A coach who even a generous person would call mediocre has the job for a decade and is the GM. He has complete control of football operations, yet everything that goes wrong is someone elses fault or just bad luck.

red5rocket, RayRay10, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I came here to jump on the trains, fire BOB. But the more I think about it, this loss was a team effort. That defense was absurdly bad. Fire RAC. And no back to back 10 win seasons shouldn’t be considered a Super Bowl, but I would love to see any of you be a fan of the sub .500 teams this year. Goodness, there are some actually horrible teams that can’t even say the word playoffs and you guys are complaining about a mediocre first round exit. Today absolutely sucked, but the blame is all over. If BOB gets credit for the 5th loss, then give him credit for the 8 wins. If Watson or defense gets credit for the 8 wins, they definitely get credit for the losses. Just be consistent.

Hey Now! likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yep.

And I knew it would be the Texans thing to do is beat New England on prime time then turn around and lose to the broncos.

Such a Texans thing to do smh.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gooooooooood morning Billy O fans.
    Defend your man with honor!

[​IMG]

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

He's not 23-21 with Watson - but this is what you do... Watson missed 9 games in 2017. They are now 22-13 in games started by Deshaun Watson.

I don't like him... I just don't hate him. I think he's a good - not great - head coach.

If Kansas City called you right now and offered Andy Reid for Bill O'Brien... would you take that deal? What about Sean Payton? Pete Carroll? Mike Tomlin?

All four of those coaches have a better regular season record than playoff record. Reid is actually under .500 in the playoffs (12-14), and the other three have Super Bowl runs that augment their records. I'm not minimizing those, of course - but Payton is 5-8; Carroll is 7-8; Tomlin is 5-7 is all other years they did not win a Super Bowl. They won Super Bowls... they're better coaches than BO'B - but... they lose playoff games *a lot* - far more than they win Super Bowls.

So I'm not going to ignore a much larger sample size to focus on a small one.

BO'B.

No head coach - other than Bill Belicheck - wins "consistently" in the playoffs (see above). Winning a championship is *hard* and it's why (other than Belicheck) most coaches max out at 1 - and that one is probably as much about luck as it is great coaching.

I think John Harbaugh is a great coach - but his one Super Bowl win was riding a miraculous run by Joe Flacco that was pure luck and fortunate timing. He has the ring and deserves a lot of credit - but he couldn't win another Super Bowl with Joe Flacco if his life depended on it.

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm convinced the vast majority of fans don't pay close attention to the NFL at large. Every team - even great ones - have a black-eye game or two on their resume - and I mean, in most cases, ugly, beat-down, otherwise inexplicable losses: Green Bay has lost to the Chargers (11-26); New Orleans has lost to the Falcons (9-26); Kansas City has lost to the Colts (13-19); Baltimore lost to the Browns (25-40)... the Patriots won the Super Bowl last year and had losses to both the Lions *and* Dolphins (not to mention a 24-point shellacking from the Titans).

There's a reason teams don't go 16-0/15-1 very often.

It's a bad loss (to a *very* good defensive team, btw) for many reasons - but it's not (yet) season-derailing by any means. And it's not totally unprecedented for an otherwise good team to lay an absolute egg.[/QUOTE]