1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

K2SO robot will also be in it.

NotInMyHouse and MadMax like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Couple new scenes in this bit.

FrontRunner, ROCKSS and Falcons Talon like this.
  3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

This is the least excited i have ever been about anything star wars. I will still watch it in theatres within the first few days.

Dark Rhino, Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  4. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

NO. Im not joking when I say it may be the worst movie ever made. It had no ending and no purpose. It was so bad Disney canceled other stand alone movies

VanityHalfBlack and Jontro like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

"We're all in this" featuring Jedi Ghost Luke, Digital Ghost Leia and Hollywood Ghost Billy D Williams.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It bombed because people were angry over the terrible Episode VIII and the movie also barely had any promotion, plus Disney foolishly brought it to cinemas against Avengers:Infinity War instead of the usual Christmas time.

Disney even wanted to do a sequel and set it up really hard in the final scene of the movie.

People that watched it nearly unanimously liked it and for most it's the 2nd best of the Disney Star Wars flicks.

If you really think this is the worst movie ever, you may be extremely biased and already hated the idea of a Han Solo movie before even watching it.

Eric Riley, marks0223, K mf G and 2 others like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Disney has done the impossible: made people apathetic about Star Wars. Amazing.

8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I would rate it a 6...maybe 6.5 out of 10. I enjoyed it, but definitely not all that memorable. I'd rate Last Jedi no higher than a 3.

I think Yung-T summed it up best. If you want to check Audience scores, most people seemed to like it, and on many sites was even rated higher than Last Jedi. Make no mistake, Last Jedi is the movie that damaged the franchise (not that it's suffering all that much).

MadMax and Yung-T like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Solo is good enough for a Netflix movie, but bad enough not to waste time or money at a theater.

Like El Camino, it tells a story that people didn't need nor wanted to know.

Dark Rhino, TMAC3 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Saw it last night. Was awesome!!

Jontro and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  11. VanityHalfBlack

*** a rottentomatoes, I got clutchfans with the real takes, lol. How it do baby!!!

Jontro and J Sizzle like this.
  12. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

I used to be the biggest star wars fan ever. Opening night every movie kinda fan. But its incredible how Last Jedi and Solo completely ruined it for me. Now Im not ever excited about it.

That being said Im praying JJ saves the story in ep 9 although from what im reading online Im not encouraged. I am enjoying the Mandalorian.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  13. BleedsRocketRed

I really wanted to like TLJ. I left the theater really wanting to.
    I get home though and think it over and I couldn't convince myself it wasn't absolutely terrible and the story/flow is a damned mess of a movie.

I really home JJ fixes it with 9.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What’s odd for me is out of the prequels and the last two movies most of the stuff I like is the Jedi/Sith stuff. Otherwise they are all mostly letdowns in every aspect.

But then out of all the movies since the first 3 the rouge one is my favorite easily out of all them that had none of the above until of course the very end.

so it stands to prove that if they made a movie as good as that one that was all bout Jedi/Sith I would be very happy.

I think I’ve already made a post recently saying this already. My bad if so.

Jontro likes this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Did they flesh out the Snoke character more?

KingCheetah likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'd like this post twice if I could.

Hollywood Ghost. Got-DAMN, you funny

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Couple new scenes here. Including The Knights of Ren and a Sith Trooper.

18. Buck Turgidson

Put it in a spoiler in case I decide not to know, not that it really matters, but which are the red guys and which are the black guys (no racist)?

Deckard likes this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The Last Jedi plays like someone watched the Force Awakens and said “Nah. I’m going completely the other way.” And they ****ed it up. I watched TFA last night and I still really like it. Fan service that **** up, I don’t care.

It seems like they’re just making this story up as they go when they had years and years to plan.

Eric Riley, J Sizzle and mikol13 like this.
  20. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The problem with the new trilogy is that without George Lucas' input, they don't have a single vision and narrative arc like the previous trilogies. And it shows. Now for the most part, it doesn't bother me because I loved both TFA and TLJ. But Disney and Kathleen Kennedy really made an error in not creating a unifying vision for this trilogy under which the directors and screenwriters could operate.

Seems quite the opposite. Advance sales are 2.5 times more than The Last Jedi. Most people actually enjoyed these films, Solo notwithstanding due to franchise fatigue.

BigM and Jontro like this.