1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

htwnbandit likes this.
  3. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

4. tx2005

tx2005 Member

The hits keep coming from Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich

https://theathletic.com/1374774/201...igns-and-suggested-using-cameras-email-shows/

Won’t post a ton bc it’s a paid site, but here is a bit from inside.

#384 tx2005, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    sew likes this.
  5. sew

sew Member

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

7. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

From another article it said it's not illegal to send scouts to the stands and steal signs with a binocular but can't share any info to the team during the game.

Also even if they suggested using a camera, doesn't mean they did right? But what's also crazy is apparently some scouts were disgusted with the idea and in the same month , 8 scouts were let go and the team decided to go with statcast and videos.

phasors28 likes this.
  8. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Exactly what I thought. Suggested doesn't necessarily mean they went through with it.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

One of my favorite books after the Astros won the world series. I guess there will need to be a part 2 to this book. Someone needs to ask Ben Reitner if he'll put another one out when this mess is over.

[​IMG]

everyday eddie and htwnbandit like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cheated, got caught and deserve the consequences coming their way but there are some real snitches (and b****es) out there!
    Wonder how many of these snitches gladly accepted a ring?
    Snitch, whistleblower, whatever...

11. tx2005

tx2005 Member

Rosenthal and Drellich are like dogs with a bone on this topic. It’s going to be a long off season.

I wonder what sort of punishment, if any, the league will impose on the Astros. The dorks on social media want our title stripped, but I’m guessing maybe fines and some draft picks being taken away.

12. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

I'm afraid what Taubman will say. Even if he was in the wrong and initially they tried to defend him but in the end he got fired. He might hold a grudge and spill out more info or even make up lies as revenge.

It's like what I said in the previous post. Scouts were appalled when asked to use a camera. Voiced their concerns to management. In the same month, scouts got let go. I'm sure they're more than happy to leak info out as revenge.

J.R. likes this.
  13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If I had to guess it would be $4 million fine, 2 first round picks, 1 year for Hinch, and Luhnow banned for life.

John Coppolella was the Braves GM that was banned for life in 2017 for for disregarding MLB rules against tampering with players on other teams and cutting pre-draft deals with amateur players. So it's happened.

texans1095 likes this.
  14. AKVerse47

AKVerse47 Member

Oh God no. We can't afford to lose Luhnow. Man, we screwed up but I know there are plenty of other teams doing the same thing. People seem to really have it out for the Astros

15. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

I'm hoping the title doesn't get stripped but with my luck with sports teams, who knows. If they did, it'll make other teams think about not cheating/stop cheating knowing the title would get stripped if they win. I'm expecting big fines, draft picks getting taken away, less or no international spending money for a few years. Maybe Hinch and Luhnow gets suspended for the year. Heck maybe thr MLB tells Crane, fire everyone and we won't strip away the title. Keep them around and we will. Who knows

texans1095 likes this.
  16. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Yeah this is pretty bad. Sick to my stomach bad. Feel silly for ever trying to defend them bad. Wow. It is beyond the point now of "well just bc it was suggested doesnt mean it actually happened." We now know what the intentions were. If they didnt achieve those intentions with on email, or with one group of employees, they likely got it done with others. Wow.

Now I'm just left hoping it didnt happen in the playoffs.

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No chance

18. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Also, how can you be so stupid to put that in an email

19. tx2005

tx2005 Member

What frustrates me is there is no doubt in my mind that the Yankees do similar stuff. Unfortunately they don’t have the entire sports media and a bunch of ex players and staff members (or even current staffers maybe) putting all of this dirt out there.

It’s obvious what the media, folks like Rosenthal, have wanted to take this organization down since the Taubman situation. Looks we unfortunately have enough skeletons in our closet to allow them to take us down. It’s a shame.

20. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Bingo. Never understand why people reveal or disclose certain things in email. These aren't low IQ people. That's what makes it frustrating.

everyday eddie and htwnbandit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.