1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not bringing Cole in the 7th Inning...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by astros123, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astros123

astros123 Member

Maybe try throwing the cutter on the inside half so we can jam him for a double play? Dont risk throwing a breaking ball on the outside half where a player with his strength can slap cheap home run.

Everyone would have been okay with Cole coming in and giving up whatever runs he would've.

everyday eddie and King1 like this.
  2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

As Lance said, he threw a great pitch on 0-0 too. Harris wasn't throwing meatballs up there. Sometimes the batter just wins.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

He can learn it elsewhere. You don't pitch Pressly in game 7 of the world series

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

people can say this in hindsight as if it were true but that's the problem. It's likely isn't. Cole has never ever pitched in relief, never ever pitched on short rest. He's also not immune to anything as everyone saw in Game 1. If he isn't lights out, everyone is then saying why in the world did Hinch not bring in relievers who have been great to this point like harris/smith etc. But people will try to play both sides of the fence

Rock Block likes this.
  5. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

While some of your points might be valid in this thread, there is no excuse for your horrific attitude and abuse. Post reported.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

What do you expect Lance to do? Bash his former teammate?

Theres a reason the entire stadium starts boo'ing 1:23. HE SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN TAKEN OUT and if so then it should've been Cole.

nd him calling me a fraud and a wanna be okay? Lol i dont care if you report my posts dude. I came here to talk about the Astros. He made it personal.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol at wanting Hinch gone. That's about as absurd as anything that I have read about this game

The Real Shady likes this.
  8. Stros66

Stros66 Member

I would still take the chance. The bullpen been overused. Harris seems like he’s been in every game and Nationals caught up with him. Actually I wouldn’t even took Zack out of the game. He only gave up two hits. He could of gone another inning.

everyday eddie, jklb and Rock Block like this.
  9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Either way if we dont WIN the game Hinch will be criticized for whatever call he made. We win and no one cares who pitched when. Instead we're b****ing about what day the parade is on.

YOLO likes this.
  10. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

There are things you have to be able to see as a manager. Greinke had a calming aura even after the homer and bull crap walk. 2-1 wins are not uncommon. Let him finish the 7th and let your best pitcher close it out the 8th and 9th. Unfortunately, Hinch wasn’t watching the game unfolding in front him and stuck to a plan he came up with before the game.

jklb and right1 like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe. We'll never know. the what if's will always follow at times like these. but it does go both ways

I also loved what Greinke did last night. Big ups to him for his performance.

12. astros123

astros123 Member

If his name would've been Verlander or Cole then Hinch allows them to finish the inning. Grieneke had looked just as dominant if not more then either last night. The issue with analytics guys like Hinch is that sometimes they cant see whats right in front of them.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  13. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

For all the Hinch talk of "Zack is a guy that can work out trouble" he didnt back it up. Again, if we lose Hinch was going to catch hell no matter who he used if it didnt work out

14. BleedsRocketRed

Man, some temporary band need to be put into effect. Some of you guys need to take time away from here and cool down

Jesus...

marks0223 likes this.
  15. astros123

astros123 Member

We just lost game 7 of the world series when we were 8 outs away from winning it all. Some of you bandwagon fans dont invest the same amount of energy/time as us real baseball fans so yeah no fkin **** this hurts. If you guys dont like it then why post in this thread? Seriously?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah it's tough. you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

17. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

You’re not dealing with facts. We were up 2-1 in the seventh, that’s the reality. Hinch said he wanted to use cole in a winning situation, there it was.

18. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

SAS says Hinch made a big mistake not putting in Cole. What they brought up that for whatever reason I didn't think about was he wasn't wearing the Astros hat and basically disowned the team because he was pissed Hinch didn't put him in. No idea if that's true or not. But I do think it's on Hinch for not letting Greinke finish the inning and giving the ball to our golden guy and instead giving it to a reliever. Martinez gave the ball to another starter rather than the bullpen.

#98 htwnbandit, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Facts: the stros with 10 lob. 9 hits for 2 runs. Wash on the other hand 6 runs off 9 hits.

Facts: The stros situational hitting at home = bad. Wash situational hitting in houston = good

20. Stros66

Stros66 Member

This game kind of remind me of last year WS game four Roberts for the Dodgers pulls Hill who was pitching lights out and have a 4-0 lead and put in Madson the Dodgers go on to lose that game and the series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.