1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Westbrook apology thread for Clutch,Yolo, et al

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheking, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw man. Green Bell Pepper Hot. Clutch is not a facist. This was a pure basketball call out.

RudyTBag and hakeem94 like this.
  2. mario_v

mario_v Member

Westbrook will have his off nights just like harden is having now.

The thing is, Westbrook at his worst is still better than Cp3 past his prime.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

you must not have been keeping up with westbrook the last 2 seasons then if you believe that

malakas likes this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

To those saying it’s too early... it’s never too early to tell @LosPollosHermanos to EAD

IBTL likes this.
  5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I said this time and time again..BEFORE and AFTER it happened...without a doubt...with no hesitation.

I also said, CLUTCHFANS, as usual will backtrack and realize how idiotic they were with their horrible take on Westbrook joining this team.

I TOLD YOU SO.

Thank God he is a Houston Rocket.

6. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Last 2 seasons he was with a different team with different players/coach. He would have to run the offense almost every time and team lacked 3-pt range. As long as he keeps sharing the ball, rebounds and making smart decisions like he has been the last 3 games, I think rockets will be good. Fingers crossed!

FrontRunner and hakeem94 like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would agree only if the Rockets defense becomes respectable as the season goes on. Right now, it's damn pathetic.

travfrancis likes this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We'll see if he can continue playing controlled all season., and whether the team as a whole starts playing better.

Until then I stand by this not being a good trade long term for the franchise. I'll be ready to eat my crow in June, not October.

hakeem94 and YOLO like this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

WB will have games we will call him Westbrick, but ultimately he is exactly what was needed as a near perfect Robin to Harden's Batman. An all-out 100% metal-to-the-pedal who will help this team on nights Harden seems like he spent too much time at the local strip club.

I was hopeful before and I am hopeful now for this team. Team defense is definitely a concern and MDA and team needs to figure that part of the game out.

bilaal14, Plowman, jcf and 2 others like this.
  10. smp

smp Member

To be fair, our defense has been a problem for a while now. Westbrook isn’t going to help that but I don’t think he’s going to hurt it either. Remember everyone scapegoating Melo to begin the year last season?

Firing the one coach on the team who cared about defense is going to be the biggest problem I see. Maybe they will beg coach B to come back like they did last year.

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lmao yolo one of the dumbest posters on here

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah you definitely got that. Sounds about right. Grown some balls and tag if you got something to say

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not blaming Westbrook. I blame it on shitty scheming (I thought we were going to go away from switching all the time !?!?) and I also blame it on Dantoni's stubbornness of running the damn small line up.

smp likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

It’s also funny they’ve pulled the westbrick games are coming so it’s gives the prepped excuse to not start kneejerk threads just like this at game #3. A year ago the team went months before people were finally going to accept something was wrong. Oh the inconsistency. You hate to see it

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you forgot
    this guy
    [​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. smp

smp Member

I agree man. The defense is frustrating. There is no emphasis on it and that’s what we need to be a champion.

JVG’s eyes would have giant black puffy rings around them if any of his teams played defense like this.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yolo is not in the same class as the higher ups, elitist, or important people. @LosPollosHermanos

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah people who post things like “the league wants to make the games closer for entertainment” belong there. Oh wait dummy

19. PeppermintCandy

The Rockets have a winning record, but they did beat an injury-ridden Pelicans and OKC on the second night of a back-to-back.
    I'd like to see how they perform against better teams before passing judgement on Westbrook and this current lineup.

It isn't easy to switch starting PGs, especially when the two players have such different playing styles, like WB and CP3.
    So I'm going to wait and see how they're doing after about 10 to 15 games into the season.

FrontRunner and Little Bit like this.
  20. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

The team needs a lot of work to increase the level of play and improve substantially on the defensive side. Westbrook seems to feel more comfortable game after game. I still think that to be an elite team we need a real PF.

vlaurelio likes this.