1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else feel encouraged even though we lost?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by icewill36, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well, we have a very weak schedule until we play the Clippers (GSW is also not very good according to last night) next month.

You can see more in the next 9 games.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Harden EG and Russ shot 13 of 49. And it was a close game. So the sky isn’t falling. But a big reason they shot terribly was because of Milwaukee, and that’s a team we have to be better than to win the championship. So let’s not get too comfortable either.

I watched the whole Clippers game and they damn near look perfect. Hate to say it. And that’s without Paul George. Who I definitely can’t see hurting the team.

Lots of work to do. Happy Rockets basketball is back.

MrSabotage likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's not much to see. we all know what you're getting from chandler and he showed it last night. I'm glad hes on this team. he should of chosen houston last year instead of rotting in LA

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It was what I expected. Good offense even with some off games for key players.

But bad defense

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'm encouraged that Westbrook will work well with the unit of shooters around him but I'm extremely concerned about the lack of length we have on this team.

We can't be using PJ Tucker every night guarding bigs, opposing contenders will dust us in the paint everytime.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm most impressed with:
    1. PJ--the defense is still top-notch and the shot looks better/quicker.
    (Tie)
    2. Coach- I loved the challenge, passion and most importantly, the rotations. If only we had Gerald or my guy Trev back...
    2. Tyson--The backup we've tried to get for years is a great fit, esp. with Westbrook
    3. TS/BennyBoom look to be good role-players. Thabo needs more shots and he'll be even better.
    4. Westbrook* When he pushes the pace, our snipers have more space than ever. (Also, the sky-high rebounds. We've lost series because of defensive rebounds...Hi, Yao vs. Okur...WB was amazing on the boards.)

"What Happened To That Boy?"
    1. EGo--seemed a bit slow
    2. Clint--39 year old TC looked like our starter
    3. Austin: Why not just shoot the ball? Stop trying to break every defender down. He didn't play to his strengths.

itzIce, lilbird20, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am very excited!!! I saw way more positives than negatives.
    MDA needs to wake up from his fantasy "midget world conquers all" mentality and see us all waving the Bulls**t flag in front of his face

8. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i feel discouraged, to be honest, because in crunch time i don't feel confident or comfortable with our defense, and that's been our problems the past 4 years, and this team still lacks the discipline to maintain leads and take advantage of other team's misfortunes, just look at what happened when durant went down last year in the playoffs against, we would say oh if Yao/tmac wasn't injured, we would have won a chip already, then look at this team, i know this team won't do nothing, because they just don't have the killer instinct

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed. Despite our top three offensive players building houses pretty much all night, we were really on a few D'Antoni blunders away from victory.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

We'll finish top 3 in the west and have all the pieces necessary for a title contender. I'm not about to give up after one game but man the refs were pretty bad with a couple of those offensive calls against Harden.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with you for the most part but I do think it worth pointing out that the Bucks length and athleticism had been bothering the Rockets the last few seasons and had a whole lot to do with them missing many of those shots.

12. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Yes but what do the Rockets do if a "fluke" happens in a Game 7 like it did in 2018? You can't rely on threes without elite shooters.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

That is how Westbrook will play in big playoff games. It should concern Rockets fans that they had a good game by Westbrook and lost.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

there were so many factors that contributed to that, mainly cp3 injury and really terrible officiating we got on our home floor.

we were already at a disadvantage going against such a stacked team its hard to overcome with that added on.

like i said, the difference between that night and tonight, the offense was NOT stagnant. there was plenty of drive and kick action we just had the worst shooting night maybe ever between james and EGO.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm just ready for the next one.

The loss sucks but I'm more upset that Dumbtoni fumbled down the stretch than I am with player performances.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Kind of silly to think westbrook having a good game is not something out of the ordinary. Your statement implies that a good game by him is not to be the norm.

I didnt see Westbrook do much that I think he cant do consistently well. In our wide open offense and him being encouraged to run as much and as fast as possible I think what he did can be replicated and even built upon.

It's not like he was out there draining a bunch of threes or knocking down a bunch of shots.

Westbrook "having a good game" is something I think we can count on.

17. PeppermintCandy

YOLO's post on the game thread:

Without the overseas trip and fresher legs, they probably make more of these shots. So this bodes well for the team.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Good point.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Honestly the game pissed me off. The officiating pissed me off and Harden seemed to give up. He has a tendency to give up when officiating is tough and shots arent falling. thats a big problem. He needed to put his head down and attack. He never does that when its really sorely needed in a tough game playoff atmosphere. That being said i disownwed the Rockets for a couple of days lol and got over it. If anything my feeling now is that they are not winning the chip and i am finding my peace with that. Im just hoping for an enjoyable watchable season and at the very least a second round exit anything after that would be a pleasant surprise.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

How could I feel encouraged when they got the chance and didn't capitalize. Look at the stacked West. 1 game might make a big difference.