1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dennis Queed marries 26 year old

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Relationships are multi faceted, especially for women.

She probably is attracted to the fact he is famous, he has lots of famous and accomplished friends, he can take her to lots of places she has never been. He has the time to spend with her and he is financially sound and confident......... that is likely how she looks at it, rather than just "he is rich".

I also find it funny that it is perfectly okay for a man to date or marry a woman because she is very attractive...... but if a woman marries or date a man that is wealthy, she is suddenly a w****.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Read Ladder Theory, buddy.

jcf likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Depends on the state but I will say this.

A judge in many states does not have to follow a prenuptial.

There have been a number of them thrown out because the unequal power of the parties when they agree to the contract.

It's really simple, do not marry a woman unless you are willing to lose half your assets and pensions/40lK.

That is basically the cost of doing business..... I have friends that are constantly afraid and I tell them to get a vasectomy and either marry a wealthy woman or never get married.

Make sure that you really know who you fall in love with, not just who you want them to be...... if you have a good family and friends, trust their opinions of your girlfriend. If everyone is telling you she doesn't have your best interest at heart, then consider that she may not.

Also if your chief motivation is consistent sex, then don't marry........ marriages have different degrees or frequency of sex, but a woman sex drive goes up and down as she ages, has kids etc....... if it is sex you want, then just date or have a FWB.

CCity Zero and Xerobull like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You're assuming her motives are vain, acquisitive, rapacious, etc... instead of actual caring and love. To assume all women (or her specifically) are incapable of true love, intimacy, caring, etc... is facked up.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. ipaman

I feel sorry for you, @justtxyank, and the rest. My high school sweetheart crazy in love wife loved me when I had absolutely nothing, got something, and everything in between. Never loved me any more or less during our many many years of being together.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think what's great though, is that as a normal person - so not star status/making millions + a year, you have to follow some of these rules or be careful because a divorce will wreck you. But with these guys that are now older and have so much FU money... They can basically screw up repeatedly and be fine, still above all of the 99%ers even after losing 1/2 a few times.

Don't get me wrong losing money like he's lost in a divorce probably sucks (but I mean it'd be nice to even be in that position to lose it), I mean he's been married 3x - going on 4, he likely isn't worried since he knows he can't take it with him.

Hopefully he's found one that sticks and it works out, if not though, at the end of the day he's living a fantasy life that most of us can only dream of.

Nook likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is pretty rare. My business partner is in the same boat; his wife was his HS sweetheart. That's a lot drama and growing to deal with. I think it's probably just a great personality match in that you both satisfy each other to the point where you aren't looking (seriously) at the singles market. But I think you can probably agree that since you haven't seen both sides of that coin, you're not the best to judge since you've only walked a mile in your own shoes. I'm happy for you, though, sincerely. My number one rule for people I'm around is that as long as they're happy and not hurting other people, I fully support them in their endeavors.

CCity Zero and ipaman like this.
  8. ipaman

I can respect that we're lucky and others haven't had that experience. That said, it hasn't always been easy, we had to do our share of work ourselves. Reality is there is no such thing as fairytales, no matter how good any couple has it there is always work involved.

Also, my wife is my best friend and like best friends we always have conversations about this person or that person being "hot" or "sexy." We're never looking seriously obviously but we have that confidence to be ourselves in front of each other and neither of us are insecure about ourselves or our relationship.

Xerobull likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is positive to say you have never been an NBA player, a lead guitarist or vocalist of a popular band.

You probably never had to deal with superficial females/gold diggers.

As an actor or director you have a pool of women.

You'll lose yourself in that life. You had it good.

#49 daywalker02, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why are you lumping me in with ladder theory people?

All I said was I don't object to people doing whatever they want with their own bodies/relationships and that this nothing new.

BigM and daywalker02 like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't assume any women are incapable of love, etc. Unless they are damaged psychologically of course.

She is certainly capable of all of these I would imagine and may even have those feelings for him. I have no idea and never said otherwise. However, when a 65 year old dude asks a 25 year old girl out they both know the situation to start with.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you guys need to watch this

heypartner and justtxyank like this.
  13. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Less words more pics.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

I used to care about age. I recall breaking up with a girl when I was a jr in college and she was a senior in HS because it was just too weird. In fact, most of my girlfriends have been a few years older.

But now that I'm nearing 48, I honestly couldn't give two ***** what your age is, as long as you're attractive. In the past few months I've been with a 61, 53, 47, 39 and 36 year old.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Nothing wrong with this legally or morally, she's practically 30 and accomplished, is from a rich family. Quaid is only doing what many other guys (and some gals) do or dream of, being with much younger partner.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I knew Dennis's little half sister(same dad) growing up in Houston. She said her mom was about the same age as Dennis and younger than Randy.

daywalker02 likes this.