1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Staffer's Outburst at Female Reporters Illustrates MLB's Forgive-and-Forget Attitude Toward D

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Pringles09, Oct 21, 2019.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Now this at least makes sense

Houstunna likes this.
  2. elrond

elrond Member

To me the Astros are clearly in the wrong, and the dude is pretty much a douchebro. So what if Footer tweets hotlines, etc every time Osuna pitches? That gives him the right to randomly yell/curse at her? I wonder why he takes it so personally? Is he the one who lined up the Osuna deal in the first place, or perhaps has had domestic issues in the past?

So far the quote from Hinch seems to be the only 'right' response to me. "I didn't know until the story came out," he said of the incident. "I'm very disappointed for a lot of reasons. It's unfortunate. It's uncalled for. For me as a leader in this organization...I take everything that happens in the clubhouse to heart. ...[you] should never feel like you're going to be uncomfortable or disrespected."

The nonaplogetic apology from doucheman doesn't really count, and the initial attempt by the astros to discredit the report is worse.

Personally, if I'm Osuna, I take this opportunity to turn this situation into a PR win and reiterate how I've learned my lesson, etc., etc. It's easy for me to understand why Footer and others continue to take issue with this because, how often have we seen famous people get caught at something and offer a half hearted BS apology? As much as I hope Osuna has learned not to beat women, only time will tell whether or not he has changed. The fact that the Astros try to position themselves as champions against domestic violence is what exacerbates the whole situation even more. There are few things that annoy me more than hypocrites.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You didn't promote it; you equated it to being the subject of intense media scrutiny and, uh... that is not a good look.

prospecthugger, Nook and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  4. likestohypeguy

If she has such a problem with the organization & their practices, she can get out. Particularly during a celebration, no need for her to be there. Go home and tweet something.

These are the kind of antics that hurts the cause she purports to champion.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Are... some of these responses.... satire? I hope they are......

6. jcf

jcf Member

If the reporter is allowed to express her opinion both as a reporter and personally through posting hotlines etc on social media every time osuna plays, why can't an astro's rep express his opinion as well?

CometsWin, J.R. and likestohypeguy like this.
  7. elrond

elrond Member

Frankly, it depends on what his actual opinion is. If his opinion is just I'm glad we got Osuna because he's a stud on the baseball field, then yes, he should be welcome to his opinion. If his opinion is that domestic violence is ok, and Osuna is a stud because he beats women, then I would like to believe most people don't think it is ok.

Additionally, it's the way he is expressing his opinion by cursing and yelling it at people. If one of the other people felt the need to apologize for him right afterwards, then it gives an indication that the way he was expressing it was probably not ok.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

- Prager U postgrad galaxy brain geniuses start blathering on about virtue signalling, snowflakes, triggering and SJW's
    - astros recant their previous denial, issue public apologies

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

news flash. Houston is a democrat city. I’m born and bred here not some rural ass podunk town.
    The **** it does. How does her being in the clubhouse hurt DV causes? You have got to be a bigger douche than this Ass’t GM to think her being there does anything.

guess what? If this idiot would have just kept his drunken mouth shut this wouldn’t have been a story and this thread wouldn’t exist

Fyreball and Nook like this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

"I'm telling secrets to the one guy I shouldn't be telling secrets to." -Russell Hammond .

Not every member of the press is going to be our friend. If they are in the clubhouse, where they are allowed to be, they are looking for a story. They are not our friends. They are the enemy. Think she told the truth, but what he did isn't grounds for dismissal. His opinion was ok as he was just defensive of the organization. Just poorly executed in it's expression.

jcf and jiggyfly like this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't you be busy defending Cardi B for using sex to drug and rob people ??

Look, Taubman was a douche and insensitive. But he didn't attack her personally or call her out of her name. She just couldn't handle some pushback.. minor pushback at that. He was supporting his employer and member of the team.

#331 Houstunna, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

I must have the bet bait to trigger you fools.

13. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Whatever makes you feel pretty, sweetheart.

14. Nook

Nook Member

The Astros need to stop lying about what happened.

They need to apologize for lying about it and they need to punish their executive.

Arrogance is why this has become a big.

They could have simply said they would investigate the matter at the conclusion of the World Series and say they take the allegations serious.

Suspend him for a month and then move along after pulling him aside and asking him "What the **** is wrong with you?"

Hey Now! and Major like this.
  15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Lol what a **** show. This is such a stupid story.

Handles and Houstunna like this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Sam your permaoutrage never ceases to amaze me

jcf and jiggyfly like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

I can return to the Cardi B thread and smack you clowns down again if you wish.

I don’t wanna see you uttering a rap lyric for the rest of your life if you wanna die on that hill though

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody called her a liar.

I see you are just being dramatic.

19. Houstunna

Supporting Member

All you did was deny/omit things that didn't match your narrative.

Such practice is commonplace during disagreements.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I still dont see why this reporter wanted an apology.

She says herself that she could not understand what they were yelling and why would saying we are glad we got Osuna leave anybody shaken?

Can somebody please explain what was not right?

The fact that he screamed at them?

Ok not exactly tactful but nothing to cause all of this angst.

Its obvious she was looking for a way to right about Osuna as shown by her saying the bill has come due.

Houstunna likes this.