1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine scandal Megathread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 18, 2019.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Either that or Peter Griffin. Actually I take that back I could see peter as trump. And Stewie as McConnell.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Trump as Homer: I wasn't reaching for the gummy bear or her butt! I meant to grab her by the...

3. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Wow that looks like 15 pages of testimony carefully spelling out that Trump directly ordered the withholding of 400m in aid for an investigation into his political rival, a gigantic smoking gun corroborating details from the whistleblower, Sundland, and Bolton....

...but surely I must be missing something as I drown in liberal-flavored cognitive bias and emotion? Is there no one here who can point out to me the REAL truth? Deep state?

4. cml750

cml750 Member

Good to know. So obviously you have no problem with me saying you are a bad Christian for supporting politicians who support abortion?

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If a woman wants to get an abortion that's between her and God. We all have free will to do what we like including supporting politicians that lack integrity among other things.

AleksandarN likes this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Please do not turn this into an abortion thread. Unless it's to abort the president from the WH.

Trump will said and do anything.

But what of the GOP in Congress? I honestly cannot see what they can come up with to defend.

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That's the fun of watching this trainwreck, we never know what's next.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, if Bolton testifies......this slams the door.

DD

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It doesn't matter if he is guilty as sin, will the Senate convict?

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don’t get to judge that. You have contradicted 20+ years of conservative moralizing in supporting Trump. You could easily get the same legislative results and Supreme Court justices with a President Pence, but you continue to stand by a man who takes evangelical support and makes a mockery of your values. For a sect that emphasizes the need to be born again in order to overcome our inherently sinful nature, the pain of watching evangelicals line up behind a man who has so much brazen contempt for our faith that he proudly admits he has never felt the need to ask God for forgiveness is a source of unending shame.

Abortions have been happening for centuries. Women have consumed teas, herbs and taken other measures to terminate pregnancies long before Roe. And you know what? They’re going to keep happening, regardless of whatever happens with Roe. So, for us Christians who lament the national shame this man has brought upon our country and feel like we are beginning to belong to an entirely different faith than our evangelical brethren, this is not a “single issue” that blinds us to everything else. When God sees our “report cards,” so to speak, do you really think He is going to care only about your A+ in Abortion Opposition and disregard the straight F grades in “Not Following False Idols, Grifters, Liars and Charlatans”?

#1310 mtbrays, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure god condones abortion in the Bible.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm not attacking your faith, I'm attacking your deceit of your faith.

James 1:22, But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

AleksandarN, Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No problem at all. That isn't attacking my faith just how I practice it. I feel fairly secure in my reasons and will answer to God for it.

Nook likes this.
  15. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

We agree on a lot, but allow me to nitpick: they don't "have to", and what I mean by that is they could shirk their duty and get away with it constitutionally. The senate really really really should convict, but they don't have to. They can run a quick sham trial and find him innocent, and they'll have followed rules, if disingenuously.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Taylor’s comments don’t prove anything. It’s another CNN/WaPo hysteria piece. If Ukraine wasn’t aware of an aid for investigation deal, you’ve got nothing.

Poor liberals’ emotions are being whipped around too much.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Try the National Review. I assume most of the conservatives on here are the intellectual type rather than the evangelical type. Support your party and allow Pence to take over for this increasingly corrupt, criminal enterprise headed by Trump @bigtexxx. Neither party should be able to get away with what Trump is doing. You were Republican before Trump and you will be Republican after Trump.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ne-to-investigate-2016-election-interference/

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

when did Ukraine expect the aid to arrive?

19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...it IS kinda funny to hear from "Christians" how they think their god is keeping score on their lives.:D

...me, personally...

...I can't seem to get over just how much of this stuff is outlined in that bible of theirs in plain English (or, the King's English, if you're old-school ,like me):

from Matthew 25:31-46

"But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. Before him all the nations will be gathered, and he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will tell those on his right hand, ‘Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry, and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you took me in. I was naked, and you clothed me. I was sick, and you visited me. I was in prison, and you came to me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, and feed you; or thirsty, and give you a drink? When did we see you as a stranger, and take you in; or naked, and clothe you? When did we see you sick, or in prison, and come to you?’

“The King will answer them, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ Then he will say also to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you didn’t give me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and you didn’t take me in; naked, and you didn’t clothe me; sick, and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’

“Then they will also answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn’t help you?’

“Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you didn’t do it to one of the least of these, you didn’t do it to me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

@Os Trigonum what's the Federalist's take on this? Are Republicans still keeping their typically sane and cool heads?

Washington Examiner op/ed no likey.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...timony-backs-senate-republicans-into-a-corner

B-Bob likes this.