1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. HstnSprtsFan101

Could it be he doesn’t run that well these days? I couldn’t really tell..I think that’s about all he’s got

2. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

1st step is owning up to it. 2nd step is to change it. Hopefully he's useful tomorrow night.

3. SemisolidSnake

This really sits poorly with me. More than enough to overwhelm his 2 RBIs that even made it close.

During the regular season, I usually get annoyed when guys don't run hard to first on a probable out. There are always at least a few outs that would have been safes if they had. However, I'm starting to understand how much guys are trying to avoid injury, and it would be terrible to throw out a hammy or roll an ankle sprinting out something that didn't matter. When guys hit the ball long and admire it instead of running, I also get pretty annoyed, because sometimes it doesn't go out, and maybe you could have gotten an extra base instead of the standard double. In the regular season, that is annoying.

In the playoffs, it's unacceptable. In the World Series, it's unconscionable. There's nothing else left on the table. This. Is. It. Total glory or being forgotten or, even worse, remembered in ignominy. And in a little over 8 days, there will be no more baseball for the season. How can any player even think of taking it easy right now?

Houstunna likes this.
  4. cardpire

cardpire Member

he was jogging all the way until the ball hit the ground before he started sprinting. not sure how you do that on a bloop off the bat in the god damn world series.

they absolutely deserved to lose that game. was an embarrassment.

Houstunna likes this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

We’ve been down 0-1 before. This team, without question, has the heart of a champion. As JBL once said, “one of the greatest teams of all time is about to unleash hell”.

6. Aware

Aware Member

no worst feeling in sports than watching your baseball team lose after sitting on your ass for 4+hrs

Mkieke likes this.
  7. cardpire

cardpire Member

nah watch the play again. you can see him change his stride and switch gears once the ball lands. if he's sprinting off the bat he scores. would've been close play at the plate as it was.

lw17 and HstnSprtsFan101 like this.
  8. Stros66

Stros66 Member

It would be nice to get five or more runs for Verlander for once. It probably go extra innings again. Stros hardly do anything easy.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

3-3-1 would be the only other option.

10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

With the Astros losing Game 1 I’m definitely pitching Cole in Game 4 if I’m Hinch. He’s young enough to go on 3 days rest. You do it so you can have Cole come in for Greinke in Game 7.

11. AB423

AB423 Member

Better than standing

Aware likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not happening.

And if there's a game 7, EVERYBODY is going to be available, regardless of their rest.

arabrocket likes this.
  13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Time for a lineup change. He’s killing us in the clean up spot. AJ should go back to Altuve in the 3 hole and give Bregman a little more protection than he’s getting hitting in front of Yuli. I would go with this lineup:

Springer
    Bregman
    Altuve
    Brantley
    Yuli
    Correa
    Alvarez
    Chirinos
    Reddick

14. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Seven in a row for Nats. Stros has to fine away to slow them down.

lw17 likes this.
  15. cardpire

cardpire Member

if we are down 2-1 or 3-0 you throw a bullpen game?

16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Why? He pitched JV on 3 days rest. Why wouldn’t he try Cole on 3 days rest? He isn’t going to be influenced by the one outcome of JV’s start.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Besides the fact that he's never done it before... he's more likely to pitch just like he did tonight (or worse) with 3 days rest.

18. phasors28

phasors28 Member

I hate 3 days rest. It showed with JV. That being said, its the WS and we are probably going to lose Cole in free agency. Let's go all in this year.

lw17 likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Down 2-1? Sure. Down 3-0? that's a pretty drastic scenario where there's really no right/wrong decision. Nothing seemingly working at that point.

20. Major

Major Member

Maybe I'm not remembering it well, but there was only 1 out, right? He can't sprint from the start because if it's caught, he has to get back to first to avoid being doubled off.