1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Staffer's Outburst at Female Reporters Illustrates MLB's Forgive-and-Forget Attitude Toward D

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Pringles09, Oct 21, 2019.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yuli was remorseful and apologized (in his own way) and then the story went away forever. If an apology is sincere, it usually does the trick.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It’s amazing, if you act like an adult and take responsibility for your actions (Yuli, Trudeau, etc). People accept it and move on

Astros front office needs to grow up

ima_drummer2k, Hey Now! and Nook like this.
  3. Major

Major Member

Hmm - I'm not sure if there was a generic MLB+DV article out there? The article in the original post was an MLB+DV article that seems inspired by the Astros' Asst GM's comments. The Astros were given the opportunity to comment before that article was published but they chose not to. From the original link:

The outburst was offensive and frightening enough that another Houston staffer apologized. The Astros declined to comment. They also declined to make Taubman available for an interview.

4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

likestohypeguy likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

#245 J.R., Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Exactly right. Pretty much can’t stand the news, whether it be Fox News or CNN. It’s all garbage pissing contests between the neo cons and the commies, and no one wins.

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  7. noppeper

noppeper Member

Maybe he meant: "Thank God for Osuna, as if he wouldn't have blown the save, we wouldn't have had Altuve's walk off".

<Shrugs>

If he was taunting the female reporters for the reasons implied in the SI article, then dude is a certified douche.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

SJW's gonna SJW.

The idea that no one can ever rise from their mistakes and that the media's job is to beat them down about their past is equally as poisonous as domestic violence. Neither should be condoned or make anyone feel good.

If Social McJustice has a beef with Osuna, they should deal with it through the legal system, not try to drag down random passersby for not feeling as bad as they do.

mario_v and Handles like this.
  9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Ah. I may have misunderstood. I thought there was initially an article about MLB culture that was mostly focused on Chapman?... And that this became a second story?...

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Do you.... maybe wanna rethink this?......... Take a walk, clear your head.......

Major and Nook like this.
  11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Lol no. I don’t think people have accepted Trudeau’s garbage apologies. This dumbass wore black face MULTIPLE times. He’s just another left wing racist, like many people on the left. The big dirty secret is that there are racists on all sides of the political spectrum. I mean hell, just look at the city of Boston, it’s one of the most racist cities in the world and predominantly democrat. But the MSM would have us believe that only republicans can be racist.

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

Crane said to make up for it, baby shark fin soup will be served to all media members in the clubhouse.

13. napalm06

Go ahead and highlight where I promoted domestic violence, we both knew this comment was coming. I'm not accepting any arguments in favor of domestic violence or in favor of publicly shaming someone for past mistakes like we're entitled to play judge and jury for everyone.

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Because there are absolutely no flaws in our current legal system with regards to domestic violence situations and cases....

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't you know, everyone's a little bit racist....

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. napalm06

Our legal system has a ton of issues. What do you propose we do about it? Make each other feel miserable by arguing, or try to get random people fired? I don't think either will prevent future cases of abuse.

raining threes likes this.
  18. raining threes

I'm embarrassed you're an Astros fan

As far as the reporter goes, toughen up buttercup or don't enter the locker room.

The guy was supporting Osuna after a rough outing. More of the SJW crowd ruining a beautiful night.

fiersdownbelow and SooneRockStro like this.
  19. prospecthugger

I think the majority of people believe in second chances. If I'm the one deciding on whether or not you get a second chance, I'd like to see acknowledgment that your actions were wrong, and a commitment to changing your ways. Osuna's lawyer made sure to clarify that he has no remorse for any of his actions, just the situation surrounding his joining the Astros, and Taubman basically said I'm sorry you got mad.

20. Handles

Handles Member

Wtf? This thread is about Taubman. As far as I know he didn't domestically abuse anybody.

Do you think it's fair that Taubman's name is forever dragged through the mud on social media and on the internet where it stays for all eternity? Is it fair that casual fans now hate the astros organization because of this situation which has been compounded by SJWs in the media and on twitter? Does anyone truly know the whole story? Or should we all just hop on twitter and make ourselves look good by conflating two separate issues?

fiersdownbelow and SooneRockStro like this.