1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is ANYONE excited about the upcoming Season??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Oct 22, 2019.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm markedly less excited than I have been in years past. Not optimistic about the pairing, so there's that.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

What he ^ said.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why not?

No overly stacked team to deal with this year

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If WB can abandon that pull-up from 18 ft, sure. I'm super stoked.

If he plays some real defense I might poop myself too.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm excited to see Westbrook land his first monster dunk and for House to take over the starting spot.

It's gonna be a lot more fun than last season.

jcf likes this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

WTF is this thread.
    I'm very excited, and I'm going to enjoy this season very much.
    Sorry for you guys.

jcf and D-rock like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Not that excited given Tilman’s selfish mural, look at me book whoring, not seemingly willing to pay up, Green’s injury, China stuff with Harden’s reaction making me care very little about the guy, Westbrook not healthy are all reasons to be a bit uncaring at the moment.

Most importantly though: we still play the same way, the all switch defense being the most depressing part that confirms my lack of faith in our coaches. I also don’t see Harden willing to do anything off the ball, still wasting time as Capela tries to get it to him, so you just know everything said about making it work so far was horse **** and MDA is set in his coward ways.

Westbrook I cannot judge yet given the injury and I still like the trade as I never liked CP3 here given his childish whiny attitude on the court and inability to be a leader last year’s playoffs. Part is his not his fault but Harden and MDA.

Seeing Westbrook in action has me excited a bit, but we have to wait months for him to be 100% and I fear he will show his ugly side before the end of november. I am right now excited about House, Gordon, Thabo and potentially Tyson and Clemons in action.

9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Excited but the combination of the following has me a little less enthusiastic than in the past few seasons:

-The unknown of the Harden/Westbrook pairing.
    -The situation with China.
    -The Astros World Series run.

We'll get there but it's early.

10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I think most people outside of this depressing downer of a "fan site" are.

jowman and sirbaihu like this.
  11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Cool? Then don't let us bring you down then man.

I'm sorry some of us aren't sold on the pairing, see a porous defense as what it is, and aren't jumping for joy to see a team that's banged up a bit head into the regular season. But, you do you man.

12. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Same for me. I have disliked Westbrook as long as he's been in the league. I get that he is a talented guy, and super athletic, but in terms of his impact on wins/losses, I think he is the most overrated player of the past 20 years. I don't think he's good and I think he's a significant downgrade over the current washed version of Chris Paul. I was devastated when he got traded here and I'm still pretty upset about it.

I'll still watch every single game and I'll root for them, but I can't say I'm excited or optimistic.

ronclone and treyk3 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is the Hangover after the Excitement.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's the saltpeter after the fireworks

Mazulis and daywalker02 like this.
  15. RocketRed84

RocketRed84 Member

Westbrook has looked like TRASH all pre-season so I really have tempered my expectations for the Rockets this season.

16. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Or Denton. OP hasn't backed up his opinions with graphs and statistics. He's a charlatan who should be flogged and run out of the town square.

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I know this is crazy but I truly believe our team will be better, especially in the playoffs if Harden doesn't feel the need to go HAM for 4 quarters. I think he can pick his spots in the 4th quarter and take over but the 1st 3 quarters we should have enough talent on this squad to put up points and run some semblance of an offense and also GET OUT ON THE BREAK FOR EASY BUCKETS!

He needs to trust his teammates more than he ever has and allow Westbrook to take over games when Harden doesn't have it that night. I love the guy and see the need for him to score 44 every night last season but this is a new season with more depth and athleticism so he needs to focus on getting people involved and picking his spots on offense. I really hope we have enough depth that we lacked last season. Depth needs to be consistent so we don't lose faith going into the playoffs. Rivers, House, Thabo, Anderson, Chandler, and some extent McLemore were either not on the team last year or played half the season so our depth definitely improved overall. Just think we need to maximize our potential with Russ in order to be a true net plus due to the departure of Chris Paul.

The season also hinges on how well we play defense as a team and I am definitely a little worried at if we can be a good enough defensive team to make a lot of noise this season. Hopefully they gel quickly on offense and defense.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Ask me again after Game 4.

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Im excited to see Rockets dancers, true professional cheerleaders.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member