1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Profiteering G-7 Summit To Be Held At Trump's Miami Golf Resort

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Oct 17, 2019.

?

Do You support Trump funnelling events to his properties to make money?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    97.6%
  1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He didnt do it once more like 2300 times
    https://www.citizensforethics.org/2000-trump-conflicts-of-interest-counting/

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It's MY ****ING MONEY - it is not nitpicking, I don't want him vacationing and enriching himself at my expense.

DD

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You are arguing with a Russian Bot
    Calm Down. Realize that upsetting you is his complete and total intent.

Even The Forever Trumpers know to just be quiet

Rocket River

Deckard and saitou like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You should file your own emoluments lawsuit

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Quid quo bro listen, Trump is a billionaire -- it's not even worth fighting for.

saitou likes this.
  6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Poll is 41 to 1 atm; pleasantly surprised to learn that there is a line to this even among his supporters.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im not arguing either way with your post as im not concerned with the poll

That being said this board won't provide scientific polling

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I had to click on “show ignored content” to see who you were upset with, DD. I understand being pissed off, but this guy isn’t worth it. He’ll go round and round in a circular argument with you as long as you respond. He isn’t the guy who used to post down here. I don’t know who or what he is now, but my D&D experience improved after I placed him on ignore.

Just a thought.

Andre0087 likes this.
  9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Lol at some of you trying to dumb it down to pgabs level. He get the last laugh by proving he can always go dumber.

KingCheetah and Deckard like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Another dick rider coming in a thread to do nothing but jock ride and being too weak to not at least me alert to said dick riding

If you're going to call me don't hide

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Again you're doing ignore incorrectly

You do this once a month let everyone know you're ignoring me

At least i know how to ignore

IBTL likes this.
  12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Damn pgangsta...chill out and have some respected McDonalds vanilla latte yo

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*chuckle*

Rocket River

Deckard likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. You should be vigilant about more than just outright crimes. All these public servants have jobs, and the job description is more than "don't commit any crimes" and there are other bad things you can do in these positions that are not literally crimes. So, you've set the bar far too low by thinking only about crime. If I engaged in self-dealing at my company, I wouldn't be prosecuted either. But, I would be fired for cause and have my ill-gotten contract nullified.

2. Self-dealing literally is a crime for every Executive Branch employee except the president. And it would have been stopped at the outset of the RFP process and not after the contract award is announced. We exempt the president, not because it isn't wrong for him, but because we don't want to have elected presidents removed by trumped-up criminal accusations. He can be impeached and removed by Congress, but he can't be thrown in jail by some AG. It's a good rule. But, it doesn't cover up the unethical practices that he tried to engage in right in front of our faces.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I haven't set the bar low. I dont think it would have hurt anyone if the event was held at his resort. Its a unique event, a gathering of world leaders.

Its not an everyday government contract. The law is there to prevent a President getting rich from the position but i don't think the purpose of him wanting it there is to make money as much as his country is the host and he ijust wanted to make it more personable

Other than that there is definitely no c in him floating the possibility of having it there to the public

Edit: this doesn't excuse breaking the law

However part of the disconnect for me with others on this overall subject is Trump doesn't need the money he may have made from having government staff staying at his prroperties

I think its pretty ridiculous to expect him to golf somewhere else. Foreign governments wanting to kiss up to him by staying at his hotels aren't bribes. They aren't going to make or break him. On this subject in particular they can stay anywhere its not his decision.

As i stated initially on the G-7 conference i definitely understand the backlash as it is definitely in violation of ethical standards.

That being said i dont care because he didn't run for president to have the G-7 at Doral

If Trump made no money from government officials staying at his properties while in office he would still be a billionaire upon leaving office

Some of the most ridiculous posts on these topics suggest that he really isn't rich and he has been waiting this whole time being a tabloid star for forty years to finally make real money by becoming president

#136 pgabriel, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, that's all it was. When given the option between Trump trying to use his position to make money or be more personable, you opted to go with he just wanted to be more personable. We've all seen how personable Trump tries to be. His repeated personable offerings of fast food to guests that were supposed to be honored at the White House are on record. Trump puts so much effort into trying to be personable.

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That really doesnt contradict what i think. I don't know what he was thinking serving Mcdonalds to Clemson's football team but Doral doesn't serve McDonald's

When i say he wants to be personable i mean he just wanted to show off if that sounds negative enough for you. I would never argue he is a nice guy. My feelings about him personally don't dictate my opinions on these different topics.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But not so hot on punctuation.

Anyway, why not just let this last-word-ism go?

pgabriel likes this.
  19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think we need to continue with counter-assertions. I think this he-doesn't-need-the-money argument is weak. You can only engage in corruption if you're poor? We have one set of rules for the rich and powerful and another for the dross of society?

But, you don't care, which I understand means the next decision you have to make -- voting in 2020 -- will not be impacted by this behavior. And that's fine. Vote on whatever criteria is meaningful to you. I think our electorate are fools to not take it more seriously, but that's our right. I wish I could say that it'd impact my electoral decision but it won't. I already decided a few years ago that Trump himself is utterly irredeemable and there was nothing at all he could do to change my mind. Since then, I've also decided that no one who still wears an (R) next to his name after what we've been through can get any support either until they repent. So, short of participating in a coup, there really isn't much more that I can do to effectuate my displeasure. So you do your thing and I'll do mine and in 13 months we'll see what we have. If we choose to re-elect him knowing everything we know, we deserve every bad thing that happens to us.

RayRay10, R0ckets03 and Deckard like this.