1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Apr 12, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

And then they're going to participate in that new video genre: step brother and step sisters get to know one another. :eek::D

Jontro, Entropy and B-Bob like this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This could work, if kylo is crushed and Rey destroys all the other characters too. I don't want this dragging on through 10-12. Just have Rey kill everything and lead the Empire/new order or whatever, and also go ahead and rename the empire to Disney. I'd pre-order tickets for that.

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This sounds about right, haha. I remember re-watching 4/5 some of 6 before 7, trying to get everyone interested at the house, it sort of worked then 8 happened, haha. Questions of, "why didn't they hyperspace through everything then - using various remote ships? " etc etc.

At this point If they ever reboot the series they could end everything in "a new hope" or before that, just hyperspace a bunch of trash through the moon thing. Hell they don't even need plans for that, that means all the Rogue One was time wasted. Oh well, I'm sure 9 will at least look great still

Jontro likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This was actually a bad trailer.

Then again, previous prequel as well as TFA/TLJ trailers looked great, and they turned out sub-par.

They just need to finish it, and move on. Focus more on non-original characters or stories like Rogue One.

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Perhaps the younger generation isn't as much into Star Wars because of the Marvel juggernaut. My boys like Star Wars, but they love the Avengers. Still, I'm definitely excited for Episode IX. For me, even bad Star Wars (Phantom Menace) is enjoyable. And I have loved the more recent films. But that last shot of Rey didn't do much for me. Seemed an obvious misdirection and it just doesn't make sense for her story arc.

Now the thing that concerns me is over saturation. With all the Disney+ content and then a new trilogy coming in 3 years. They need to give the frahchise a break for awhile, at least on the big screen.

Deuce and Jontro like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

star wars isn't what it used to be, obviously. but will still watch.

i am excite

tinman likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If I run across that flick playing on cable late at night and can‘t sleep, I’ll watch it again just to see that scene. One of the great moments in science fiction film history. Ranks with Arnold stepping off of that helicopter. Charlton Heston was literally a god on screen.

tinman likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Planet of the apes, the original series was the best.
    It’s a great analogy to what humans are doing to the planet.
    And that primitive women are super hot when you return to earth after the apes took over

Jontro likes this.
  9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Probably because they have to exercise and can't drink frappuccinos.

Entropy likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree that Marvel is the Star Wars of today in terms of what kids want to see. Me personally, I have been Marveled out. ButI am all in on Star Wars. It has that nostalgic pull.

I think the over saturation IS a thing. And that is why they are moving these side tales to Disney+ (Mandalorian, Cassian Andor, Kenobi). So it will be like 4 years off the big screen before we see another "SAGA" Star Wars movie on the big screen. I think this is a smart move. I bet the Disney+ Star Wars shows do REALLY well because of being bingable and all of the back story they can provide. Perhaps really BUILD UP new characters for a new generation.

JunkyardDwg likes this.
  11. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Final trailer up, plus tickets now on sale

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

The new trailer looks pretty good I must admit.

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's all over the place and reeks of pandering. No originality. But I am still gonna watch it with excitement. I must finish this.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

will watch regardless of how bad it could be.

but would be better if in the end thor, hulk, and strange doctor come to save the day.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could be snapped into one reality.

Jontro likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

Disney can't possibly end a trilogy with the darkside winning. Yes. Super interesting. But No way. Can't happen with Disney. And I think it will be hard to bring Kylo over to the light side, but it's been done before, and it will likely happen again. The actor has given him enough latitude to make the transition. Although I hated him as Kylo in the first movie, I was wrong, he has given this more or less unredeemable character some redeemable and likeable quality. Well done and well cast. I can't wait to see how it turns out, but it should be predictable with the rebels pulling out the victory and leaving us with hope.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Trailer looks awesome...but so did the trailers for the last one.

Of course I'll see it - but expectations are not high, which ironically will probably make me enjoy it more.

Still John Williams, right?

mikol13 likes this.
  18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Looks amazing. And that scene with C3PO gave me all the feels.

mikol13 likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think I came.

(He checks.)

Yeah, I came.

20. VanityHalfBlack

Jesus christ that trailer looked incredible. The purpose of a trailer is to sell you the idea that the movie will be good.