1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Tulsi Gabbard for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 11, 2019.

1. dmoneybangbang

I suspect a lot of support is just giving the Dems the middle finger.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Tulsi is too anti-gun imo to really run as a Republican. Her fatal weakness. Her religion is way less of a sticking point since Hindus are not seen as being hostile, like Islam, to the evangelicals. That said she could pull moderates like crazy if the Dems ran her. She would win an election against Trump hands down because she is the only one young enough and sharp enough to properly handle his verbal assaults. Plus the optics would destroy him. But no the Dems want a far left person so have fun with that.

Side note, anyone else notice Mark Zuckerberg sucking up to the right lately? He knows Trump is likely to win reelection so he's already getting his ducks in a row. The left is in trouble when big tech starts hedging against it.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What makes you think Tulsi isn't "far left"? Where does she get the moderate tag from? (What policies are particularly moderate from her?)

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/tulsi-gabbard/

I'm pretty sure everybody outside of Bernie, Warren and debatably Yang are further right then her.

I'd say Tulsi has mostly leaned as you would describe "far left". That being said, much like Yang, her overall policies and how serious she is about them are pretty damn difficult to get a read on, as those two candidates are mostly one-trick pony's (one policy candidates). Tulsi is strictly focused on being anti-regime change war, Yang focused on automation/UBI.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

David Duke endorsed her LOL.

At least somebody else besides Russia wants her to be president.

mdrowe00 and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

She isn't stupid. Her IQ is likely high.

However she has been in a bubble for over 30 years and no longer in in touch with "normal people".

Couple that with her having become a very resentful and self entitled person.

Even 25 years ago she would have gotten away with it because of the internet, podcasts and the 24 hour news cycle did not exist then.

I don't know that she really cares if the democrats win unless it somehow makes her look important or relevant.

6. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Here is how that conversation would go.

Ottomaton likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Come on, now. I know the dude-hate on HRC is especially high, even on the left, but come on, now. To not care if a Democrat wins is to not care if Trump gets a second term. A lying criminal "pompous stuck-up giant scumbag f*****ce a****le" (Otto, A Fish Called Wanda). Which is scary beyond belief.

jiggyfly and baller4life315 like this.
  8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

9. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I was contemplating make a post about just this one smear because of how ridiculous it is. How is it that so many media sites make the same irrelevant claim. She can't control who endorses her. This is obviously a concerted effort and one of the talking points. Even Stephen Colbert, instead of giving her a light-hearted interview, smeared her, including bringing up David Duke.

And the funny thing, Duke never endorsed her. https://davidduke.com/dr-david-duke-no-i-did-not-endorse-tulsi-gabbard-for-president/. But you can't let that get in the way of a good smear campaign.

This reminds me of the Craig James killed 5 hookers meme, except they say it straight to her face. She can call him a dick over and over, but it makes her look bad just by mentioning it. Its no wonder she is losing it.

The smear campaign is more interesting than her candidacy. Who is directing it and why?

#389 Agent94, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    TheresTheDagger likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I’m not personally smearing her, I’m just mocking a terrible candidate.

And Duke reversed his stance on the endorsement? Sounds like he took a page out of Tulsi’s book.

I don’t think there’s any sort of mass conspiracy to smear or dismiss a candidate that’s polling at 1% nationally. She’s irrelevant. Hillary mentioning her name gets her some headlines, so she is probably loving this.

She’s polling at 1% nationally and in jeopardy of losing re-election in her own district for a reason.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

13. TheresTheDagger

The "smear campaign" sounds like it's being run by the powers that be in the DNC and its monetary support who don't like being challenged over who gets to select the nominee. Sorta like Trump did to Republicans except Trump tapped into voter frustration better and had a MUCH higher public profile. But just the amount of attention and attacks a 1% candidate is receiving tells me how big of a threat she is seen as being.

Hakeemtheking and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Hit Dog Holla.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I did not know about her actual exp, she is definitely fugazi.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Are you really equating Hillary to Trump?

Yes she comes of as sleazy and patronizing but she is nothing like Trump.

Its easy to see why she lost some people have an irrational hate toward her and thought that Trump could be no worse.

TheFreak likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Very well put.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I chuckled but too be fair not your best work.:p

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's not a smear if its true.

What part of that do you have an issue with?

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or there is actually no smear campaign and she is a terrible candidate that's not projecting a good look.

I admit the smear campaign and useful idiots are both conspiracy theories at this point but one has a lot more smoke.