1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Brantley's Double Play

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rocketsjudoka, Oct 20, 2019.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I kinda want to see a side-by-side of Bruntlett/Everett and Altuve/Correa 4-6-3 DPs. Both slower hits requiring quick turns. Bruntlett had to fire harder from further I think

2. Elienator

Elienator Member

Reddick’s diving catch was incredibly ballsy. Sánchez (slow) was on second and had held up waiting on the play. So fielding it on a hop was probably bases loaded and no runs, and if it gets by him on the dive it’s probably two runs scored. Diving and knocking it down is probably one run as you said.

3. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Goodness, you're certainly in riding in full ******* mode.

SLRokJok likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Brantley's catch reminded me of the heartbreaking Benintendi catch he made off Breg last year. So glad hou was on the other side this time around

joshuaao and Madmanmetz like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Here is the 2005 play

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Thanks. Yeah my memory served me well...the backside of the play is very similar to me. Quick turn, velocity of throw, 1B stretch direction and closeness of the out at 1st. Love it

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The main difference between the two is that the 2005 play was a bit questionable... although he was out.

8. dejamike

dejamike Member

Uncle Mike said “hold my beer”.

9. Nero

Nero Member

I really wish there had been a close shot of Judge after he got doubled off. He was clearly really upset that it happened, you can see his reaction from behind in the shot we got, but no one seems to have had a camera on him from the right angle.

Unless someone has seen a shot from that side?

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Right?! Osuna settles in to close out the rest of the batters after that home run... Springer laid off a 3-1 pitch... to put the best bat at the plate. That’s why Altuve gave props to his entire team for that performance.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The Altuve fade to Correa's 94.5mph rocket to first for a double play was more impressive IMO. The reason the Brantley catch, while phenomenal, resulted in a double play was primarily due to poor base running decision.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Eating turf sucks, but the result made it all worth it. It kind of looked like his pathing to the ball was bad though.