1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to the Manimal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DuuMaCuaMay, Oct 20, 2019.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It's MDA's fault none of the other 29 teams in the league are offering him a vet minimum contract, just like Melo. MDA is the career killer. MCW somehow survived and is on a roster.

2. rocketseagles07

Lol how many times are you going to ask this he doesn’t like the way he was benched in the playoffs.

Anyways I’m not “blaming” mike but for all his weaknesses he was solid for us. As a BENCH GUY he was better than some of our other options

D-rock likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pacing back and forth, endlessly, in his cage?

RichieBanks, topfive and GermanRoxFan like this.
  4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Better than which options? Manimal doesn't do anything better than Capela, who already struggled against GS's offense. What was Manimal going to do that wouldn't be served better by just playing Capela more? It's the same reason why Gerald Green went from playing 20mpg in the regular season to 7mpg against GS. EGo does everything Green does on offense better, while also playing defense.

I've liked Faried's game since he was in college, but he's a huge liability and hasn't had the best attitude. That's why he's not on a roster right now, not because the Rockets are stubborn.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA benched him the playoffs for no reason and now he hates the Rockets. MDA will just put people in the dog house for no reason because he needlessly clutches to his dumb 7 man rotation.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Useful player. 15-10 off the bench is not something to smirk at. He can help you win regular season games at worst.

djperm, hakeem94 and jboslett like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Somewhere with Michele Margaux

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Useless player for a team starving for defense and in need of some 3pt shooting. Everyone can provide something, but I can’t think of a less compatible player.

If he were worth much he'd be on another roster right now.

Vivi likes this.
  9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Suffered the same fate as the original Manimal - canceled after half a season:

Deckard likes this.
  10. SemisolidSnake

MDA killed him.

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Post the link

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Just another guy that some clutchfans posters will blame MDAs ineptitude for why he wasn’t used or not currently here.

While back in the real world he’s there for ANYONE to have and no one is biting.

His defense has reached unplayable status.

13. 34to11

34to11 Member

Saved our season???
    More like the Rockets saved (what was left of) his career.

Dude was relegated to the end of the bench in Denver despite them paying him $13M a year. He got traded to the Nets and promptly ended up out of the rotation there as well before they finally decided to buy him out and let him go.

Houston was a virtual lifeline for him.

And while he can choose to feel slighted by being dropped from the playoff rotation, it's worth noting that the ghost of Joakim Noah has garnered more interest from teams around the league than Faried has this off-season.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Apparently so is the rest of the NBA.

34to11 likes this.
  15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

To be fair, the guy has never averaged one of 15ppg OR 10rpg in a season his entire career (whether off the bench or starting). He had a pretty good 15 game stretch here, but he was SO bad defensively!

Might also have a bad attitude? Seems to get shunted to the end of the bench on every team he ever plays for...

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Incorrect sir. I encourage you to watch all the games, and follow the Rockets better before challenging somebody who does. At the time we got Faried, Capela had just went down. We were struggling & not really much of a playoff team. Capela got hurt, Nene hurt, and Hartenstein was a rookie. The Rockets were DESPERATE for a big they could effectively run pick & roll with & rebound. Faried came in & played that roll good enough to keep us afloat until we got healthy. Without him we may have not made the playoffs

djperm, Bshaud, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I was kinda pissed with Mike for benching him when Clint couldn't literaly run/jump, but overall, like Mathloom said the guy is just a meh fit in today's game, he can't play the 4 cause he can't spread the floor and guard small players, but at the same time he doesn't have the size and instincts to play the 5 efficiently so, yeah...

Fwiw, pretty sure there were rumors about him being a bad presence in Denver's lockeroom after he signed his new contract.

18. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

It seems like he splashed every 3 he took tho

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn’t he basically averaging that for us when he played?

Regardless, I don’t miss him much. I wish we would have given a bit more leash in the playoffs.

20. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Faried played well when given the chance. I’d love to see him re-signed but I don’t think MDA cares for him. Funny that everyone points out his poor defense but look at the other bench players. No one off the bench plays defense with the exception of Gordon.

Personally, I can’t stand watching this small ball lineup. It drives me crazy! If not Faried then sign a damn PF or SF in the mold of Crowder or Izzy for defensive purposes. No way this lineup is a contender until the defense improves with guys that can guard bigs down low.

Bshaud likes this.