1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Tulsi Gabbard for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

After running for President

ryan_98 likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

First reports:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...20-democratic-candidate-tulsi-gabbard-n964261

More details from more recent article, and she doesn't at all deny that it's happened:
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...n-support-they-agree-its-better-when-were-not

My guess is there's nothing nefarious but that Russia likes that she would be fairly isolationist.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Such heartfelt concern for Tulsi -- it's touching.

4. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hilary gone senile...

MiddleMan likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I won't say I agree about Gabbard being groomed to run as an independent, although I can see why she appears on FOX News from time to time. Her "regime change war" mantra in the last debate was a joke; if we were in Syria for regime change, then we certainly didn't go about it effectively.

She also is the most hesitant to endorse impeachment of Trump.

She was also a Bernie supporter (and many Bernie fans wouldn't cross the fence and vote Hillary) and still claims to be.

Since she doesn't have a hope in hell of even becoming Vice President, I do sometimes wonder about her motivations, because she acts like a Russian asset, as people claim. She took Assad at his word when she met with him: "I didn't gas my own people, the U.S. wants regime change here," or whatever.

6. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Her appearances on and odd support by the Fox crew is puzzling considering how liberal she is and that she was Bernie's VP choice in '16. I just find H's accusations, like most others, to be baseless. Tulsi has said she isn't going to run 3rd party and will support the Democrat nominee.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Get her Tulsi. :)

MiddleMan and ryan_98 like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

I don't say that Gabbard is some Manchurian Candidate after her meeting with Assad, not as I believe that Charles Lindbergh was a Nazi sympathizer, but I can see why FOX and Putin are so eager to focus on her.

snowconeman22 and Andre0087 like this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So Clinton puts out a goofy conspiracy and Tulsi responds with one of her own. Maybe they've been running as candidates in the wrong party.

Nook, MiddleMan, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

This isn't exactly new. Russian has sowed divisive strong discord as part of their divide and conquer. Throwing material out there to hook in a candidate and follower is absolutely something they would do. That's really not in question.

Everyone is vulnerable to their technique, but especially those that has buttons easily trigger and those that susceptible to believe in conspiracy theories.

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Maybe they both need to shut the **** up and stay in their lane.

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah , you never know it might work for the Democrats too lol

But this is crazy talk lol . The whole “you, leader of corruption and decay”

Just the leading with YOU ! Lol

****ing Hillarious

Also bookers reaction was fantastic

13. ROXTXIA

And Gabbard is either too naïve or too proud to know she's being duped. Ego is a hell of a drug.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You can tell how inflated her ego is by using her military experience as Commander and Cheif level experience.

Ya, she was a mid level officer doing administrative medical work. There are literally millions of Americans with more valid military experience than her.

Nook likes this.
  15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The Russians worked VERY hard to do many things in 2016, but the one thing that happened that most don’t talk about is how they propped up Jill Stein.

It doesn’t mean she was a Russian asset, but that definitely happened.

Gabbard is a terrible candidate and one of the biggest flip-floppers out there. It wouldn’t surprise me if she contradicted herself and ran as an Independent to boost her brand.

Nook, B-Bob and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. fchowd0311

I have no idea what the facination with her is. She just spews easy platitudes such as "we shouldn't be the police of the world" and doesn't really expand much beyond that. She has hardly any relevant experience to be president also.

baller4life315 and B-Bob like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Have people I do consider friends who voted for her. It was some Bernie folks who were completely disgusted with the DNC, and to an extent, I understand that. It felt like a "clean" vote, but I told them I felt it was a masturbatory or even a childish vote. Adults have to make hard practical decisions that influence the lives of other people. Voting in 2016 definitely was one of those decisions.

TheFreak likes this.
  18. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Tulsi is ok. On some points about foreign policy. But that is about it. Let her expose the left.

19. fchowd0311

What do you mean by "expose the left". Her foreign policy is the most vapid platitudic generic pandering I've ever seen.

20. WNBA

WNBA Member

She represents the best Americans.

that's why she won't win the election.