1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine scandal Megathread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 18, 2019.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Really? Then why did the ****tard cut funding to international corruption by 40 percent. ****ing bullshit how can you republicans defend this man.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holding up aid to investigate biden is a crime. Trump has to be impeached, and the Senate has to remove him. The WH has admitted to a crime for all to see. If Republicans can't see this, then they are truly idiots

3. IBTL

IBTL Member

we are at the part where it's "get over it"

Oh ya? What you gonna do about it? You talkin to me tough guy?

B-Bob likes this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish get over it was a valid legal defense. “Yeah, I embezzled a billion dollars. Get over it”

Invisible Fan and JuanValdez like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are going to impeach him over it.......and see if the Senate will do it's job......and if not they will hang those Senators with that vote...

DD

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

"Get over it" is a valid "eff you" defense when you know you will never be found guilty no matter what.

Anyone dreaming of a scenario where he is removed from office is... well...dreaming. The Republican Senate will N-E-V-E-R remove him.

Invisible Fan, Amiga and B-Bob like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

rudy's russian crooks sure got around...

B-Bob and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I dunno seems there are some already backing down and considering it.

The GOP stood strong behind "There was no Quid Pro Quo" and now can't even do that.

As the process goes on I can certainly see more backing it. It's like they said with Nixon, he had support...until he didn't.

We have ads now on Fox News..GOP Ads running on Fox News...that are anti-Trump.

I don't think it's that hard to imagine. Guys like Turtle flip flop whenever they need to and at some point blindly backing Trump looks embarrassing and the GOP has more seats to defend in the senate than the DNC does.

RayRay10 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

:eek: whoah, seriously? (not sarcasm)

All that matters is 1) not getting primaried and 2) getting re-elected. So essentially, the individual senators will go as their constituents do. Although polling shows support for impeachment among republicans has grown from 8% to 13%, his approval/disapproval has held steady throughout. That means the conservative media bubble has truly kept the faithful brainwashed. The president and Fox put out a blatantly false narrative and his followers believe, just as they have for years. Only if the people turn on Trump, will the senators follow. We all have already learned they have zero principle.

The one thing that is guaranteed to change that is a recession. Anything else can be spun as lies and alternative facts.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep. This ad ran on Fox News.

Don't know much about Republicans For Rule Of Law though, seems like a new thing, hopefully, it catches on.

I agree too, the people matter here, and hopefully ads like that can change the minds of some people and support of impeachment can grow. Fox News seems to be slowly turning on him. I think what would help is if someone in the party challenges Trump for leadership. Right now for them it's still Trump or nothing. If someone like Rubio or whoever can promise to lead the GOP past Trumpism and into a better place but still fight for conservative principles I think you'll see support for his impeachment go up.

Right now though they understand, it is Trump or nothing.

#1231 JayGoogle, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Another GOP jackass.

13. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...wow...

...that liberal that punched Rand's lights out a couple years back must have really sold him on the creeping dangers of rampant liberalism being opposed at all cost...:);)

Rashmon and CometsWin like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You do know that's not how it works right?

justtxyank and B-Bob like this.
  15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rand Paul is in the Russians pocket.
    If it’s bad for Russia, Paul will oppose it.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, they see it. But we have this gaslight presidency; Mulvaney gets a call from Scump and walks back what we just heard him say.

It's painful that so many people, including Christians (isn't the root word of Christians "Christ", as in, obey the teachings of Jesus Christ?), follow Scump the Pied Piper so blindly. I know they don't read anything (why should they, when Hannity can read for them?), but it's painful.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He's always been an isolationist anyway, but he's also always been a jackass, too, yes.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I heart you.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Who is considering it lol? Haven't heard a single GOP senator say they are considering removal from office.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, never said someone said that.

No one is going to come out and say "I am considering removing him from office." They will simply just vote and explain why they voted that way, but they send pretty clear signals.

Well, there is Romney who already came out pretty strongly for Trump. Murkowski made a pretty strong statement over it. Sasse doesn't seem to be on board with blind Trump approval. There is also Collins that hinted that she's not okay with his actions. McSallay's comments about it have also been all over the place.

Of course, if you are looking for someone to say "I can't wait to impeach Trump" You won't find it, but when a politician constantly talks about how wrong it is or that it should be looked into or that it is a serious matter that tells you they are open to it.

Also, like I mentioned, Nixon was safe until he wasn't. A GOP rep actually said that everyone thought Nixon was a witchhunt...until it wasn't. I just don't see it as some impossible thing that can't happen.