1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would u give up 15% of your income to support HK protest?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingLeoric, Oct 16, 2019.

?

Would u give up 15% of your income to support HK protest?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

96 vote(s)
    76.8%
  1. malakas

malakas Member

Xi Jinping is your boss.

1/10 on a good day.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I dont make China money and from HK gate im willing to pay more just to not buy their makes

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

[​IMG]

malakas likes this.
  4. Lovemachine2000

Fair enough, but people on this board have this perverted notion of wanting to define LeBron's dignity. Millions of black men have been incarcerated in the US in the past decade; unarmed black men, women, and children are being gunned down by police on a regular basis; yet some clowns think LeBron has completely cost his dignity for not standing up for Hong Kong protesters? How out of touch can you be?!

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Wait what now? At best people think the guy looks like a hypocrite and feel like his actions undercut his ability to do good in the future. The man has rings and money, I think his dignity is quite alright here.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

Not standing up?

LMAO you think we are fools who can't listen to his words for ourselves?

He attacked others who DID stand up.
    He asked for their heads.

He attacked free speech with his own words.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No one is telling him he needs to stand up for Hong Kong. What is discrediting his dignity is blatant hypocrisy of trying to silence ANOTHER human trying to express his speech on what he believes is important by crying about how it will hurt him financially. THAT is why people are losing respect with Lebron over. It's a direct contradiction over his view of someone like Kapernick protesting and being silenced by the NFL and now Lebron is trying to do Morey what the NFL did to Kap.

Also, making a statement about China's atrocities doesn't take time away from his activism in poor urban communities. It's a stupid argument.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

basically,

LeBron can say it's Okay for Kap to protest at his job, in the NFL, at games on TV where millions of people can see him kneeling

but

LeBron thinks it's not ok for Morey to tweet his protest on social media, where I'm guessing he had 100s of followers at the most

apparently one or some were accounts from China

ghettocheeze, malakas and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. Lovemachine2000

I've been reading some of the posts bashing LeBron, and some are questioning LeBron's dignity and then some.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

11. Lovemachine2000

LeBron thinks it's not OK for Morey to tweet about politics and suffer no concequences while Kap has been completely ostracized from the league for kneeling. There is clearly a double standard here, and race may be part of it.

12. fchowd0311

Exactly. I agree with Kap's activism but I can understand an argument for him doing it on the clock on NFL's dime rather than on his own time. But still I agreed with Lebron's stance in support of Kap expressing his thoughts.

Morey tweeted on his own private twitter account over a matter he cares about and Lebron has the audacity to try to cry to Adam Silver that repercussions need to placed on Morey for him expressing his opinion on his own time because it hurts his bottom line?

Disgusting and anyone defending this with whataboutisms with "wHat AbOuT tHe PoOr BlAcK pEoPlE?!?" are either very dumb or being disingenuous on purpose.

malakas likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Yes and rightfully so. He's trying to silence someone's right to express their opinion on a human rights violation because it hurts his bottom line. That of course is going to cause people to lose respect for Lebron. He's earned it.

malakas likes this.
  14. Lovemachine2000

Morey did not tweet about Xinjiang, he tweeted about Hong Kong. Do you know what are the "atrocities" happening in Hong Kong? The worst violence in Hong Kong in the past few months have been carried out by the protesters against their fellow citizens and the police, including attempted murder and lynching.

15. fchowd0311

What the **** are you talking about?

Lebron was advocating for Kap NOT having consequences for his activism and that he should be heard and not ostracized by the NFL. That is a direct contradiction to his view of Morey and what makes it disgusting is that the contradiction comes from a motive to maximize profits.

malakas and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  16. fchowd0311

I just think you can't comprehend my argument.

The validity of the activism is IRRELEVANT to the argument I am presenting to you. Do you understand this you Chinese government bootlicker?

malakas likes this.
  17. Lovemachine2000

Here are the facts, Kap's political activism led him to become ostracized by the NFL, while Morey's little adventure in online political activism has yet to land him any real repercussions from his team or the NBA.

18. Lovemachine2000

Look, another holier-than-thou champion of free speech resorting to personal insults.

19. fchowd0311

And? The point is Lebron WANTED consequences for Morey expressing his opinion. Hence why he was one of the leading advocates to Adam Silver in trying to punish Morey and all because it hurts his bottom line.

Pizza_Da_Hut and malakas like this.
  20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Because it isn't the same league. The NFL is regressive and disgusting. Ownership and fans are out of touch with modern progressive views.

The NBA is a progressive league. We canceled an All-Star game in Charlotte because they had out of date and hateful views. Sorry, but progressives also support HK, they support giving the voiceless a voice. So yeah, he shouldn't be punished because that's not our league. There's always handegg if you want hateful old country views.

malakas likes this.