1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jump siding with LeBron, hating on Daryl

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Yordan, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Perkins: MOREY WAS SELFISH, NOT LEBRON
    Fat Rachel and Geek nod in approval.

D-rock likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kendrick: When LeBron interviewed, he didn't agree or disagree with Daryl's tweet. He didn't say he was right or wrong. All he said was the timing of the tweet. He spoke not only for the coaches & players but Dave, Rachel, you guys were in China also. He spoke up for y'all's safety. If you've been to China, once you step foot in their territory, they're in control. You have twins at home, you have a family, you want to get back home to your family. He spoke up for safety. He didn't say whether it was right or wrong. People took it out of context and went at 'Bron for not speaking up. They have to realize he's the face of the NBA, the face of Nike basketball and whether or not if he speaks up on that, he's gonna get backlash. It's more on the NBA to speak up. It's Adam Silver's job to control the situation. This ain't on LeBron.

NBA players go through media training, social media training and they tell you different things on before you hit send to rethink this. Maybe GMs should go to media training. Daryl Morey, outside of Magic Johnson, is one of the most active GM that tweets all the time. I follow Daryl Morey but I never once seen him tweet about things happening in his own country. Why take a stance when they're over there in China and decide to send out a tweet like that was very selfish and you weren't looking out for others. LeBron isn't the selfish person, Daryl Morey actually is.

McMenamin: LeBron is as savvy as a player we've seen. He owns a media company. Usually we see him tap dance around issues, sound eloquent, well thought out, he wasn't that last night. Had he not used words like misinformed & uneducated when discussing Morey, had he just said Daryl didn't think about the ramifications of what this tweet would mean to his team, to me, the league, I don't think we'd be having this discussions. I don't think he gave his most eloquent thought out response. Some of that could be he was so frustrated with Daryl Morey. His team goes to China, they're worrying about their safety, business opportunities are disappearing into thin air, meanwhile he has a chance to be in a meeting with Silver a day before the game in Shanghai and said 'You know damn well if a player made a tweet like this, there would be repercussions coming from the league.' The response he got from Silver was I'm going to defend the freedom of speech Daryl Morey had even if it had unintended fallout. To think about that for a week, what he had to go through, his teammates & their family had to go through...he was asked the question what should the league do about Daryl Morey and because he didn't the answer he wanted to hear from Silver, he tried expressed the answer he would have.

Rachel: Who is now responsible for what? If you make any comment on any social issues, do we expect for you to comment on everything? Are we gonna ask Daryl to comment on the border in Texas? I'm not saying we should. I'm curious if we've crossed a line with athletes where we now everyone has to comment on everything if they're going to speak about anything. Have we gotten to that point? I don't know.

Kendrick: I was just making an example (about the Dallas police shooting). My question to Daryl is why? You tweet so many things. You respond to people on twitter. At this point in time in China, why did you feel the need to speak up when I never heard you speak up about things in America? Why at this moment did you speak up about China when we're in China? China is one of our biggest supporters in the NBA. It's not all about money but end of the day, y'all were on their territory and safety was the key part. My thing is why? I've never seen you tweet about anything else. You don't have to tweet every time something happens but if you look at Popovich, Kerr, they tweet about everything happening in the United States. It's consistent. How all of a sudden did you decide to step in? It was confusing to me & at the wrong time. I'm with LeBron. If it was a player, they would have gotten penalized in some kind of way. Just like players go through social media training, GMs need to start doing it too.

McMenamin: Slippery slope if we expect to them to speak on any issue. Problem I see here is where does this end? This could be something attached to LeBron's legacy forever more.

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

People watch that show?

4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Calling her fat Rachel honestly makes you look like trash more than anything said in the video.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

About half-way threw watching this

OP's thread title seems exaggerated/defensive.

SWTsig, motleydeflep6, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

cilantro is delicious

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I lot of good and bad stuff in this. The worst was when Perk said Morey was selfish, but not as bad as this thread made it out to be.

daywalker02 and BaselineFade like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Guys, you can't have cilantro in the meat and then have cilantro in the rice and then have cilantro in the pico.. It's over kill!! Where is the depth of flavor!? I won't be getting the Carne Asada any more, once was enough.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  9. Mr. Space City

"The Jump" might as well be called "The LeBron".

It's daily LeBron propoganda by Pro-Lebron reporters. Rachel is a LeBron Stan who has a close personal relationship with LeBron. Notice how they also brought LeBron's boy and former teammate Kendrick Perkins (who is rarely even on the show), to fall on the sword for his boy.

LeBron is not perfect. He's a human just like you and me. He's not God. He's not Jesus. It's perfectly fine to criticize him. Its alright to say "LeBron was wrong.

For Perkins to use that "Morey speaks up about China but won't say anything in his own backyard" is a trash take and the same talking point white supremacists make when they bring up "black on black crime" when black people bring up the topic of police brutality. I can't believe he would use that.

Morey can talk or not talk about whatever political issue he wants to talk about, just like when LeBron didn't want to talk about Tamir Rice being shot and killed in his own city.

xtruroyaltyx and D-rock like this.
  10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Kendrick Perkins is the one that comes across like an idiot in the segment. LeBron’s statements had minimal to do with player safety. He was upset that Morey cost him a lot of money and that primarily drove his response.

This entire mess falls at the feet of Adam Silver and the NBA’s leadership team. The league should never have formed a partnership with a country that doesn’t share a similar political ideology, money be damned.

11. macan

macan Member

rachel is thick af

12. Theking

Theking Member

Peoplw of Hong Kong side with Morey. Burning LeBron jerseys

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m not really getting the point Perk thinks he’s making?

Why should any person who cares/has an opinion on 1 certain topic have to care and have an opinion on EVERY topic?

14. PatBev

PatBev Member

Shannon sharp turned on Bronny

He pointed out his original comment was more focused on the financial impact and also admitted with the trade deals China wouldn’t have the balls to detain the lakers and high profile people like that.

Once lebron saw the hate him and everybody else are trying to play it off that he was just trying to protect the players who were in China

I’m proud of sharpe for seeing right through that bullshit

If China tried to hold the lakers against there will they know **** would have got real real ****ing quick

D-rock and malakas like this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Kendrick Perkins HATES Morey and Nichols loves her some Lebron so shocked not shocked.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

Get Hulu

17. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Separation of sport and state, pleassssssse! Everyone with a platform is either really ignorant and speak with expertise or have business interests in China. How the last 2 weeks played out has shown how bad it can get when politics is discussed on any other platform. I may be in the minority that believes Morey tweeted in ignorance not anticipating the backlash but I definitely don't want that coming from LeBron, who clearly says anything that'll fill his wallet - super disengenuous. The only ones I can really stomach an opinion or reaction on this matter here is from either local media outlets and anyone else with no business interests in China.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Perkins is now the Beard.

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

They shouldn't. That's the point. But if LBJ is being held to this ridiculous standard, then why not every public figure who speaks or tweets about social issues? Perk wants Morey to give his thoughts on the latest shooting in Texas. Since the goal posts have been moved, he should have to answer it or be labeled a coward and a sellout.

When you remove the name Lebron and replace it with Morey then all of a sudden it sounds ridiculous, which it is.

Lovemachine2000 and D-rock like this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Start a thread with misleading information on a television segment, without even a link to a video or a transcript of that segment for others to see for themselves.

Bad form, OP.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.