1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Shooting In Fort Worth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobrek, Oct 13, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He was 12 year old boy.

And he was threatening nobody.

You really are a special kind of idiot.

CometsWin and Rocket River like this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Malcolm Gladwell has a new book out called Talking to Strangers. He writes about the Sandra Bland situation. As usual, really interesting stuff from him.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Ge had what they thought was a gun which they were told

Do 12 year olds have a sign displaying age. He weighed 195lbs

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So they're free to express themselves as private citizens. Thanks

Dont know what you're arguing at this point. This doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to crub it or not to express political o or other opinions.

Its not about the public but about working relationships.

Did you actually read it?

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The caller told the police it was a toy gun and that he was a juvenile.

Since when does weight impact whether you should shoot someone in under ,10 seconds?

You make no sense.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you just ignored the rest.

Why do I keep trying to converse with someone like you?

I will just smile an nod from now own.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If he was 35, he still shouldn't have been shot.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And the dispatcher didn't relay the information.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The policy isn't about the public. I don't what you're arguing

It doesn't say in caae you shoot someone and your name hits the papers

Its a functional policy about working relationships.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If a 35 year old has what's thought to be a gun and is told to drop it?

Admittedly this is they're claim but there is tape

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@jiggyfly

I did stop reading before the policy says negatively affect public perception of the department.

So you're right they can't post things that will make the department look bad but they can express their opinions. Thats a very thin line but i would not arg post negative views of minorities.

That being said i would still argue that being police officers isn't the same as being a police chief or any other public official and they aren't asked not to have opinions. They can have political or opinions on subjects of race. They can't be offensive

Just like the corporate world the policy is to protect the organization. It isn't about in case you get in trouble

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

A school teacher is a tax paid employee. If their social media for example showed a malice towards children with down syndrome, I wouldn't want that person teaching children even with full mental faculties. They'd be just as likely to indoctrinate children in their class to discriminate against people with down syndrome. Not something you'd want to risk from a teacher that ideally is supposed to inspire the minds of impressionable children while educating them on a subject matter.

Likewise, if a police officer showed malice towards a certain group of people, not even relating to race, but say showed a discriminatory nature towards the elderly for whatever callous reason, I wouldn't want them patrolling the streets either.

Given the fact that it was a black woman that was murdered unarmed in her own home by a white man in a police uniform, they absolutely should be subject to scrutiny if there is any social media that would indicate a bias towards discriminating against people of color.

Perhaps you'll find that that the cop attended a church with a heavily black population every Sunday, often dated women of color, helped poor minorities in his free time and that racial bias had no motivating factor to it at all, and that it was just an inexperienced cop hired for a position they were unqualified for caught in an unfortunate situation where their adrenaline mixed with fear was at an 11/10 and they woefully regret the trigger happy incident they created by assuming the worst from their target that's a victim.

A smart thug would keep their opinions to themselves to create doubt. That said, if a dumb goober is willing to publicly disclose their hatred towards another group of people on social media, they absolutely should be scrutinized for it, especially in light of a crime committed, like murder.

#114 London'sBurning, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    mdrowe00, CometsWin and Rocket River like this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No one is arguing it isnt up for display at the same time if they have time to scrub and do so its their right

Its not evidence. The debate started on having an opportunity to scrub it.

Edit: when i said they dont make enough money to be subject to everyone on their social media that's the meaning i was driving at. Yes its out there but they shouldn't be forced to keep it up and thats what the poster implied

He totally misinterpreted as me saying because they dont make a lot of money they can be racist

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@London'sBurning

As bad this police shooting is what gets under my skin is that people act these guys signed up to shoot a black person

Their actions maybe influenced by negative stereotypes and they may deserve a murder charge they still didn't sign up to shoot black people

(I realize some relish the opportunity to use their weapon)

Im going to go ahead and risk being an ass and assume the guy who shot Tamir Rice isn't happy about it

Excuse me for my faith in humanity

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

See, ideally social media would be investigated beforehand to help weed out bad apples that may show a discriminatory bias. I can say for certain Travis County practices this. If applying for a position with the police department for example, with the City of Austin, expect to answer questions on your job application regarding social media activity, like if you have a Facebook account.

If you indicate that you are active on social media like Facebook, expect at some point during the interview process to have someone ask you to log into your social media accounts, to step outside of the room where the computer was located you logged into those accounts, and have an employee from HR go through your personal messages and social media postings to be sure you're on the up and up.

At the same time, a smart thug, upon reading job application questions like that, would delete or deactivate their social media or simply make it unsearchable from search engines like you can set up on Facebook for example, and be averted from any personal intrusion into their public social media from their potential tax funded employer.

To be honest, as bad as it is when the dumb goobers get caught on camera like this dipshit cop did, I really end up fearing the clever ones that don't give a tell towards their discriminatory biases similar to a blank faced expressionless person holding a winning hand at a poker table. It's the dummies that outline their motives. The clever ones leave enough room for doubt and get away with it. If this murderer is stupid enough to go on social media and openly discriminate against black people, then yes it should absolutely be used as evidence against him when his time in court comes.

CometsWin likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's a Russian Bot . . . took over a good brother's account and is now bismirching his good name

Rocket River

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Amber Guyger's personal texts about an MLK parade and working with black officers is what was used in her trial

They weren't overly offensive and im sure plenty people say so.e racist things in texts.

People act like she was texting the notes from the last KKK meeting