1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clay Travis on China-NBA-Rox-Morey-Kerr-Pop-LBJ

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BruceAndre, Oct 14, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I just have to say – this guy is knocking it out of the park with his takes. Basically, where are all the “woke” NBA coaches and players when American sovereignty and values are being threatened by a foreign power? Nowhere. Silence. Crickets.

And he doesn’t spare the sports media either. The silence has been deafening from those quarters, including Houston sports radio. And yes, my favorite, CP, is complicit too.

I get only wanting to talk sports. But at some point, and at this level, if the media and players and coaches and the league are silent – the whole thing is officially and unredeemable and corrupt.

And sad to say, I now put the Rox in that category as well.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

American sovereignty. Like when Russia meddles in an election and the person Constitutionally bound to protect America continually calls it a hoax?

****ing Clay Travis. I listen to this guy some evenings, he's the national version of Adam Clanton.

Why is it I only see and hear right wing nuts use the word woke? Y'all try too hard.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly where are all the people upset over not being able to exercise American freedoms when it's the Russians interfering in our elections and attempting to steal them and sway them in favor of Trump?

It goes both ways. Only one of the ways has much more of an affect here at home.

dmoneybangbang and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, I suppose one would have to believe that this was actually a real issue in the first place.

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I did hear Granado and his co-host calling out the NBA and LBJ in particular this morning on 97.5 FM.

So props to them for that.

6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

LBJ saying Morey was ignorant of China/Hong Kong with that tweet and that he needs to understand that his words have consequences and that he needs to think about how everyone is affected when he tweets like that. WOW. I guess when freedom for people may cost you money but doesn't really have anything to do with you otherwise, it isn't really important? Cool...

edit: Ah didn't see this in the garm

7. dmoneybangbang

Some Americans folks prefer the KGB over the CIA. Interesting times...

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True one would have to believe that. Since every single American Intel agency believes it, I don't imagine too many Americans wouldn't

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Both are real issues. I'll even detach Trump from this as most of the foreign social media spam influence was positive towards Trump and negative towards Hillary in 2016. Just so you actually listen and don't shut the argument out I'll leave him out. Russia is massively successful along with other foreign nations in spamming memes and posts on Facebook at twitter 24/7. Understand that a significant portion of this country's population obtains their narratives and news from these sources and most can't distinguish between a genuine American's opinion vs some Russian troll farm just spamming content on our social media sites. It's ingenious in the fact that it doesn't cost much to do this and the return in terms of effect is immense for the cost. And just to be clear, it's just not Russia doing this.

That doesn't mean Chinese government influence on speech in the US isn't a pressing matter that also needs to be addressed. Both are pressing issues and yes I now question Lebron's 'wokeness' as vapid and fake also so you aren't alone in believe this.