1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah j*zz: Dante Exum reportedly storms out of practice after scuffle with rookie

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

[​IMG]

Dante Exum reportedly storms out of practice after scuffle with j*zz rookie
    Marty Fenn October 13, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Utah j*zz guard Dante Exum stormed out of practice on Sunday after apparently getting into a scuffle with rookie teammate Miye Oni.
      Oni fouled Exum during a 2-on-2 matchup and things escalated quickly from thereon, according to Andy Larsen of the Salt Lake Tribune.

Larsen notes that Exum was visibly frustrated throughout the course of the scrimmage, and it was clear the j*zz point guard was not at his 100 percent.

Exum averaged 6.9 points and 2.6 assists in just under 16 minutes per game for the Jazz last season.

The fifth overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, Exum has failed to live up to expectations during his time in Utah. He entered the league as a point guard with good size and length, but he has not been much of a playmaker. Moreover, his inability to shoot from the perimeter dooms Utah’s spacing concept when he is on the floor.

Exum also tore his ACL during an exhibition with the Australian national team in the summer of 2015, a road block that seems to have stunted his career.

For his part, Oni actually mentioned Exum as one of his veteran mentors, via Tony Jones of The Athletic.

“I asked him when would all of this start clicking,” Oni said. “So, we talked about the offense, and just some of the counters within the offense. It’s been really helpful having someone to talk to. Dante’s always helping me, and always encouraging me. He’s been great for me.”

Oni was drafted at the end of the 2019 NBA Draft out of Yale, and he earned a roster spot when he signed a three-year deal with the j*zz this summer.
      https://clutchpoints.com/jazz-news-...ms-out-of-practice-after-scuffle-with-rookie/

roslolian, BigShasta and Vivi like this.
  2. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dat some Jizzy news.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Exum is a bust...never healthy, and even if he was, I never thought highly of him...as a #5 pick, you’d hope for so much more

izeroi likes this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

usually it's the other way around, with aussie nba players laying down unncessarily hard fouls

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Woah they're still an NBA team?

7. Handles

Handles Member

Aww poor bb

8. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Aussie got owned by aYale man?
    Bizarro world stuff

9. Nook

Nook Member

I think that that Exum and Simmons have been overly pampered coming up.

Both of them are incredibly entitled, neither can shoot and both have struggled with inconsistent effort.

Exum would do well to work on being a defensive stopper that hits 35-37% of his 3's in volume. Accept his limitations and play 15 years in the league as a higher end role player.

pippendagimp likes this.
  10. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

What ever happened to that dude that looked like Ted Cruz that used to foul everyone

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#HateToSeeIt

12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Who cares... Exum sucks. I wouldn’t mind snatching Ingles from him though. He would be a very good 3 and D wing for the Rockets.

ilovehtownbb and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Woj picked them. He must know something!

malakas likes this.
  14. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I appreciate the quality hate in this thread

15. malakas

malakas Member

ahahahah

This reminds me before he got drafted how he was potrayed as being a Kobe-like personality.
    All these years in the league since then and was more like a doormat. Now his inner Kobe woke up?

16. omgTHEpotential

That's what happens when you play scrimmages against late second round picks. They're desperate and are willing to fight for their place on the roster (nothing wrong with that). I'm surprised Exum didn't anticipate this with 5 years of NBA experience.

#16 omgTHEpotential, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    ilovehtownbb likes this.
  17. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

he became the zodiac killer and moved to memphis.

iNoseBleedRed likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

They accompanied it with a font logo and everything. :eek::D:p