1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You have both? Gordon is supposed to be on a snap/carry count, so if you can only start one, I'd go with Ekeler. If you can start both, it would depend on who you'd sit to start Gordon...

2. NewRoxFan

I have an open spot on my 16 team league team (moved Trubisky to IR). Since its a 16 team league, free agents are pretty bad (someone just added Jordan Matthews today). Here's the best available: Dexter Williams, Damion Ratley, Randall Cobb, Trey Quinn, Anthony Miller, Andre Patton, Andy Isabella, Jarius Wright, or Trent Sherfield? A few more: Zach Pascal, Chester Rogers, Dontrel Hilliard, and Miles Boykin.

#202 NewRoxFan, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Flex half PPR - Melvin Gordon/Emmanuel Sanders/Marquise Brown

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I was offered the following trade in a full PPR league

SEND: L. Bell (NYJ)

RECEIVE: A. Ekeler (LAC) and DJ Moore (CAR)

I'm leaning no since Ekeler's value seems to have plummeted with Gordon's return although his production via receiving was excellent last week I don't expect that production to be the norm for him.

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Bell gets his QB back this week. Teams won't be able to play 8 man fronts all game. I love Ekeler because he just flat out produces whenever he's on the field. But with Gordon's return, Bell I think has more long term value.

Lil Pun likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

I agree with baseline. Bell is the best player in the trade and you are getting two players that will be going the wrong direction. And with Hunter Henry returning there will be fewer targets. I'd reject the trade offer.

Lil Pun and BaselineFade like this.
  7. Lil Pun

Thanks

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. Lil Pun

Thanks

9. Lil Pun

12 team standard

I have the following RBs

• C. McCaffrey

• J. Mixon

• A. Ekeler

• P. Lindsay

• J. Howard

• K. Johnson
    I have a person that really wants one of my back's and I am weak in WR. Here are my current WRs:

• K. Golladay

• E. Sanders

• J. Brown

• S. Shepard
    The person that wants to trade has the following WRs:

• J. Smith Shyster

• C. Sutton

• T. Boyd

• T. McLaurin

• D. Robinson
    My only real untouchable is McCaffrey. What would be a fair trade if I want to swap a RB for a WR in this situation, if there is one?

10. NewRoxFan

Those are a bunch of WR2s and WR3s. Maybe Howard or Lindsay at best for Boyd or maybe Sutton.

Here are a few trade value charts that might help:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/10/week-5-fantasy-football-trade-value-chart-2019/
    https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/f...6-trade-values-chart-rest-of-season-rankings/

Lil Pun likes this.
  11. Pringles

Pringles Member

I was offered Ertz and Bell for Elliot. Thoughts?

I might bite. I'm tired of my TEs giving me nothing, and I already have Mack and K. Johnson for RBs.

12. Lil Pun

Z. Ertz and L. Bell for E. Elliott? If so, I would take that definitely.

Pringles and BaselineFade like this.
  13. Lil Pun

Thinking about offering A. Ekeler for either M. Evans or O. Beckham straight up. Good trade if I get either to go?

His only RBs are A. Kamara and L. Murray both of the Saints and K. Juszczyk so I am hoping it is good and he bites.

Which should I go for?

#213 Lil Pun, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Pringles likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Received this trade offer: his Tyrell Williams and Jason Witten for my OJ Howard. Accept?

15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Both receivers have been inconsistent so far. Kitchens is vowing to get Odell the ball more often. Time will tell but there pass blocking has been horrible. Evans is usually more consistent. I still don't understand how he just laid a complete goose egg this past Sunday. Hopefully that's not a trend.

It's hard to forecast which receiver will finish the season with the most output. I don't think you go wrong either way, but i may lean slightly towards Evans because of the Cleveland O-Line issues.

16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yes.

Howard has 11 catches on the season. It most scoring systems he has less than 20 fantasy points for the season. Bruce Arians has never really featured tight ends in his system. Witten has 17 catches and around 36 fantasy points. T Williams has quietly been productive as well. He has a chance to finish the year with WR2 #'s.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Thanks. I accepted last night. I actually needed (still need) help at WR (Cooks dinged up, Brown on bye, Coutee my bench WR). Luckily it looks like Cooks plays so I can skate by with Cooks, Jones Jr this week (14 team, SF, 3 WR league). Have two waiver claims for Demarcus Robinson and Geronimo Allison and hoping I don't get outbid.

Figuring now that I traded OJH off this team (and dropped him on another team for Hunter Henry) I figure ARI will start using him. But I have Winston as QB on this and another team..., so all good I guess. Just hoping TWill's foot is OK after the bye and that Zay Jones arrival doesn't eat too much into William's usage.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

I received new trade offer, same league (14 team SuperFlex)... someone offered me DJ Chark and Miles Sanders for James Conner. My initial reaction is REJECT but don't know if there is a way to make it workable. He has Kupp and Montgomery. My challenge would be my RB strength... Conner is my RB2 after Zeke, and my other RBs are Royce Freeman and Chase Edmonds. Plus, the 2 for 1 means I'd have to cut another player (likely Coutee).

Here's my team's full roster: Winston, Brandin Cooks, Keke Coutee, Marvin Jones, Zeke, Conner, Witten, Garoppolo. Bench: Tyrell Williams, John Brown, Daniel Jones, Royce Freeman, Chase Edmonds.

His team: Darnold, Michael Thomas, Cooper Kupp, Tyreek Hill, Carlos Hyde, Miles Sanders, Graham, Bridgewater, Bench: Chark, Mason Rudolph, Montgomery, Hockenson, Ito Smith (Brees on IR).

Should I reject? Or counter to get Kupp in the trade? Or some other counter offer?

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I would either reject or counter for Kupp and Sanders. Chark has been a beast, but you know that if Kupp is healthy he gives you guaranteed high end production each week.

20. NewRoxFan

Thanks, I rejected, didn't bother to counter. Conner (last night and beyond) is PIT's offense. Plus in a 14 team league any RB becomes way more valuable. Course, last night raised Conner value, so maybe I may shop him. :D

Funny thing, that team is the one I just made a trade... my OJ Howard for his Tyrell Williams and Jason Witten. Witten I am sure was just a throw in, but this week his 10.7 points was by far the best performance of any TE I had in 5 teams this week. (Dissley, Fant, McDonald, Everett). The only good news is that Engram returns (gets rid of Everett) and Hunter Henry will replace Dissley. And maybe Herndon will play (replacing Fant).

Hate TEs.

BaselineFade likes this.