1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA broadcast resumed normal in China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 14, 2019.

1. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

If rockets win championship this year, its gonna be a fun story.

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

We simply have to get to the finals.

The posters here that have continued to defend human rights abuses and censorship throughout China’s temper tantrum need to understand that doing so comes with a price.

Also, the Rockets may actually become media darlings if they become synonymous with standing up to the communist party, greatly enabling our fortunes with the refs in the future. Any **** call on us will look like the league caving.

malakas likes this.
  3. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

that hurts extreme nationalism a lot

Nook likes this.
  4. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

that means chinese will miss nba final since 1998

malakas and HP3 like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We are still blocked?

Well, there goes our “Join the Rockets, make big bucks in China” free agent pitch.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

The people unfortunately most affected by this are Westbrook and Harden. Thankfully they're both on long term deals or they'd be gone.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Don't forget tencent has NBA reporters with NBA votes. They should not be awarded NBA press credentials as far as I'm concerned since they don't cover the entire league. We'll see how NBA handles that.

jev5555, malakas, topfive and 3 others like this.
  8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If you think the Rockets were hated before, you won't seen nothing.

I say *** it. Embrace the hate, and go full Darth Vader on the road to our third championship.

9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

If they are not showing the Rockets, then it's not back to normal.

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  10. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Well it gets banned again. The Lakers-Warrirors game lots of Chinese fans are looking forward to will not be broadcast tonight, among all the other pre-season games.

malakas likes this.
  11. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

don't worry . thanks to Trump , china wanna end the trade war .in this time ban nba is not a wise chose

Nook likes this.
  12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Clutch gave them way too much credits.

It doesn't take them 2 weeks, they came back within only 5 days.

Must be a lots of Lin only haters in China.

13. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I am not worried, I can and will watch the Rockets no matter how this incidents end. I am just posting the updates in case anyone wants to know.

malakas likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

the chinese brehs actually buy real nba mercs there? i thought everything there is fake. hell everywhere i go on earth, when i see fake items, they're made in china.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Like I said, wouldn't even take a month.

My prediction is the Rockets opening game will be aired too. They want people to move on and you can't do that banning one team and trying to ignore that team exists. For example, what happens when the Rockets play the Lakers or Clippers or Nets or whoever?

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude nobody likes the Rockets except for pure fans, that's why this site was created.

We never got TV exposure in the 90s even when we were the champs for two years, so this is nothing new.

The fans who are getting screwed over are the fans in China who want to see them play.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This site was created because the team was threatening to move to Louisville.

Or at least that's what I remember?

18. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

It seems like the deal is that the Rockets will not receive any financial benefits from China.

In latest Shams article suggest “irreparable losses” for the Rockets. The NBA will move on and keep cashing in these checks and cut out the Rockets.

19. liveguy

liveguy Member

Exactly.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No.

SaveOurRockets was created by people here for that

http://clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=49

It's Time to Save Our Rockets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2000 12:00 AM CT
    [​IMG]
    By Jeff Balke
    Copyright 2000 ClutchFans.net
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAVE OUR ROCKETS!
    The Save Our Rockets movement's goal is to "ensure that the Rockets and Comets remain in Houston permanently"
    As you all know by now, the movement to keep the Rockets and Comets in the city of Houston is underway. As some of you may remember, I made some strong comments in my last column. To refresh our memories:
    Instead of bemoaning the possible loss of the Rockets, get out and do something to stop it. Write to your government officials. Write to the Rockets. Organize support rallies. Let everyone know just what an asset the Rockets are to Houston. Instead of fearing the worst, make the best possible scenario happen.

Well, let's just say I took my own advice. Shortly after I posted that column, I got several emails saying how we all needed to do something. It seemed as if I had touched a nerve. Well, I went immediately and registered the domain name www.saveourrockets.com and here we are.

Save Our Rockets and its companion website is specifically designed for fans and others interested in keeping the Rockets. Our mission statement is: It is our goal to ensure that the Rockets and Comets remain in Houston permanently. Just how exactly are we supposed to do that?

Thanks to my ol' buddy, Clutch and his web wizardry, the website is the first step. You'll be able to get info on what we are doing and, most importantly, what you can do to help. The thoughts of rallies are great, but we have to start slow.

On Monday, February 7, a press release will be sent out to every radio station, newspaper, television station and interested party in the city to announce the beginning of this grassroots initiative. We have already received confirmations from a couple of radio stations willing to talk about it on the air.

Next, we hope to get your help. On the site, you'll find a page where you can collect information on how you can help. The first way is to write the people on the list given immediately. The most important people we have to reach are Mayor Lee Brown, County Judge Robert Eckles, Sports Authority Chairman Billy Burge, the Rockets and Comets organizations and the Houston Chronicle. There are addresses, email addresses, fax and phone numbers right there on the page for you. There are even templates in case you have trouble getting started on your letter.

If you don't think your voices count, listen to this. An acquaintance of mine recently helped run the campaign for a local woman. She was a relative unknown but managed to get enough support to make it to a runoff election. In the runoff, she ended up losing by only 37 votes...37 votes!!! That is how important your voice is. It is absolutely imperative that you get involved and make the politicians and Rockets know how much you care about them and their commitment to say in Houston.

After we have established ourselves, then we will move on to the serious business of trying to put together some public events. When the time comes, we will gather the support of the citizens, fans and business community. The reason we want to do this right is because we don't want a repeat of the Oilers rally disaster.

For those of you who don't remember it, a group of Oiler fans faxed every major news outlet (including ESPN!) and said they were holding a huge rally on the steps of city hall to protest the Oilers moving. When the cameras rolled, they got pictures of about twelve crazy people (several of whom were drunk) standing on the steps of city hall yelling. It was an embarrassment to the city and the final nail in the coffin for the Oilers.

Everything we do must be big, bold and calculated. We only get one shot at this! The Rockets are not gone yet and we can do everything within our power to keep it that way. In fact, we need more than just your voice and your participation in a rally. Because many of you are regulars to this site, we recognize that you are more involved with the Rockets than the average fan or citizen.

As a result, we need everyone out there who can help in any way to let us know. Know of a print shop who'd be willing to donate some bumper stickers or t-shirts? Have a friend who works for Channel 2? Do you know someone who'd be willing to make us a banner? Do you own a business that could help out? Anything you could think of would be helpful.

Obviously, Clutch and I work for a living and, for now, this is coming out of our time and pockets, so we are relying on our supporters to help make this a reality. We simply will NOT settle for anything less than the Rockets and Comets continuing to make Houston their home and committing to that for the long term.

Also, it is important that we all remember to remain positive. All the political leaders, business owners and members of the Rockets organization including Les Alexander are our friends. Our goal is in line with theirs. We want Houston to continue to be a profitable, world-class city. Part of that goal is keeping our sports franchises and revitalizing the city through the building of a new arena.

We're not proposing how to do it, just that it must get done. These are our teams and this is our city. The time for sitting and waiting is over. The time to act is NOW! Don't wait. Get involved today. You can start making a difference at www.saveourrockets.com!

malakas likes this.